Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On line purchase

Go down 
+11
supernova
lennard.low
wind79
goGoffy
wilsonang
rsenal
luke_liu85
mnafis.dali
pushslice
Cyp_PGA
henrychiahb
15 posters
AuthorMessage
henrychiahb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
henrychiahb

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Dear Kakis

i was browsing thru a few US online shop like TGW, did a minor calculation and notice that they are not much cheaper to actually buy from SG retail like GD.

USD price, after conversion, + shipping its almost the same or am i wrong? please advice.

actually saw quite a few items for quite some time but never dare to order, but i must admit they have more cart bag choice and looks better.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:56 pm

i think golfsmith is great , i order a lot of think from them . Golf club is cheaper for sure ... it's a reliable site with official partnership with the brand sold.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Due to the large volumetric weight, shipping costs on golf bags negate the price differential, but this doesnt apply on clubs.

TM clubs can be had at the same price if not cheaper at GD.

Titleist/Scotty/Vokey is about the same. Acushnet enforce good price control.

the other brands are generally/usually cheaper in the US.
Back to top Go down
mnafis.dali
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Well you are right.

I myself did contemplated on purchasing a few items from Rockbottomgolf.com. The price of the items alone are indeed cheap, but it tells a completely different story when you include the shipping and currency conversion. Even tried using those 5% to 7% discount coupon codes that you can google up but it still does not make much of a difference.

Exceptions are when these websites have the occasional sale/promotion, free shipping etc or if you intend to purchase these items in bulk with your mates. The shipping fees can really be prohibitive.

Till then, I will just scour around SG for the best deals (especially at GD). Just my 2 cents worth.

Back to top Go down
luke_liu85
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 pm

One good thing is that you get brands you wont see here. I was scouring for an A7OS iron set in SG but couldnt find... golfdirect came to be the best way to get it. No regrets. XD
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:52 am

Shipping from Golfsmith & TGW is expensive because they use Fedex & UPS.

Give Discount Dan a try. Price are cheaper (due to no tax) and they ship via USPS ( abit slower but does the job).. I guarantee you will save $$$$.

For KBS shafts, go look for prostix..He'll ship them shafts really quick..

However, with the US$ a bit stronger than a few month back, maybe you should wait a bit till the US$ slumps.

For Miura, give me a PM.

FWIW , Iv bought stuff from those mention above and was really satisfied with my purchase.
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 am

just bought some irons from golfdiscount.com... they using USPS so quite cheap...
Back to top Go down
goGoffy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:22 am

I bought a putter from rockbottom earlier this year. Smooth transactions. Received the putter 5 days from the date of payment.
Back to top Go down
wind79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
wind79

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:03 am

Anyone did a comparison and able to tell me which one is cheaper to get golf balls?
Btw, what is the latest voucher code for Rockbottom? I tried oct5off and it says the code has expired. Out of pure speculation, I tried nov5off and it says no such code found...
Sad
Back to top Go down
lennard.low
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lennard.low

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 pm

wilsonang wrote:
just bought some irons from golfdiscount.com... they using USPS so quite cheap...

Bro did you ship your stuff from golfdiscount.com to a US address? I just bought some stuff from them. They only ship via UPS for international orders
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:55 pm

lennard.low wrote:
wilsonang wrote:

Bro did you ship your stuff from golfdiscount.com to a US address? I just bought some stuff from them. They only ship via UPS for international orders

Bro, you are right... they ship via UPS Saver... sorry for the wrong info... I shipped 8pcs hybrid set for about US49 only... ultimately, its still cheaper than the local set...
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 4:53 pm

just wanna chip in. bought clubs from callawaypreowned.com and globalgolf.com before (hard to find LH stuff, esp used ones).
i think for clubs alone, the cheapest is to ship to a VPOST US address, and then they ship it over. So far, my VPOST shipping comes up to be abt S$40. BUt do bear in mind, if u buy beyond S$400 including shipping, you will be taxed GST.
Back to top Go down
lennard.low
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lennard.low

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:33 pm

supernova wrote:
just wanna chip in. bought clubs from callawaypreowned.com and globalgolf.com before (hard to find LH stuff, esp used ones).
i think for clubs alone, the cheapest is to ship to a VPOST US address, and then they ship it over. So far, my VPOST shipping comes up to be abt S$40. BUt do bear in mind, if u buy beyond S$400 including shipping, you will be taxed GST.

Agreed...dun try shipping big and bulky items via VPOST USA even if they are light. If the stuff comes in a big box, the volumetric weight will kill you. Learnt that the hard way recently while shipping a golf bag and club via VPOST. The shipping for the club is around S$40, but shipping for the bag comes out to around $100, and it's a Sunday bag affraid
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:27 pm

lennard.low wrote:
supernova wrote:

Agreed...dun try shipping big and bulky items via VPOST USA even if they are light. If the stuff comes in a big box, the volumetric weight will kill you. Learnt that the hard way recently while shipping a golf bag and club via VPOST. The shipping for the club is around S$40, but shipping for the bag comes out to around $100, and it's a Sunday bag affraid

yup. golf club box has volumetric weight of abt 3kg or so, suitable for abt 5-6 clubs including a driver. this works out to be abt s$40. will be more ex for bigger vols.
Back to top Go down
goGoffy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:01 pm

I buy from overseas only when it is not available in Singapore.
Although there may be some savings but the waiting, buying without checking, concerns of damage on transist etc is not worth the while for me.
Besides, to develop the game in Singapore, I think it is good to support the local retailers.
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi bro just wanne ask how much will it cost for a driver head cover from rukuten which 1 of the bro recommend? If it stated for ect. $50 plus shipping mean I need to Pay only $50?
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:04 pm

benedictteo83 wrote:
Hi bro just wanne ask how much will it cost for a driver head cover from rukuten which 1 of the bro recommend? If it stated for ect. $50 plus shipping mean I need to Pay only $50?

Still need to add shipping.
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:24 pm

nrafee wrote:
benedictteo83 wrote:

Still need to add shipping.

ok understand, thx bro.
Back to top Go down
joshyo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
joshyo

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Just a question. What is GD? Been seeing it mentioned a few times already..
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Golf direct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On line purchase Empty
PostSubject: Re: On line purchase   On line purchase I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On line purchase
Page 1 of 1