Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silence Please.....

Go down 
+3
Technospaz
mervyntan
Duval_S
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Silence Please..... Empty
PostSubject: Silence Please.....   Silence Please..... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Though I understand the code of conduct...but at times, I wonder what is the actual rationale behind this....of coz..if somebody is shouting..that of coz..cannot la...but normal chit chit chat chat....le?
Noticed during Tennis nowadays, not many 'Silence pls'...by umpire..

asking coz...some soccer buddies claim golf too 'pampered'...I also donno why or rationale
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Silence Please.....   Silence Please..... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:45 pm

well, just shout "K N N" the next time your soccer buddy is about to take a penalty, see whether he will understand the rationale or not...

anw, as a form of courtesy, i guess sometimes unexpected noises will cause people to have sudden jerks or movements, which causes them to hit the ball wrongly or badly, as a golf swing is a very precise movement.

hence, i think that's the rationale for silence when teeing off or hitting the ball...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Silence Please.....   Silence Please..... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:15 pm

I think it's a courtesy thing. Just keep quiet or talk softly. But I don't think you can expect everyone to do so.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Silence Please.....   Silence Please..... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:05 am

mervyntan wrote:
well, just shout "K N N" the next time your soccer buddy is about to take a penalty, see whether he will understand the rationale or not...

perfect analogy.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Silence Please.....   Silence Please..... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:53 am

Technospaz wrote:
I think it's a courtesy thing. Just keep quiet or talk softly. But I don't think you can expect everyone to do so.

Agreed with TZ....need to respect even your best buddy !

cyclops
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Silence Please.....   Silence Please..... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:53 am

Well, thats the difference between a gentleman's game and a ......you can fill in the rest.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Silence Please.....   Silence Please..... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:34 am

Well. As a golfer, you could shout at any time except when someone (players in your fligths and players in your neighbouring holes) is going to play his or her shots.

Golfers normally shout after they stray their shots or missed their putts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silence Please.....   Silence Please..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silence Please.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.