Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!

Go down 
+4
kooky
coe16arg
asahi
jhan18
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! Empty
PostSubject: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Going through the tedious process of first obtaining a PC then handicap are a thing of the past now at the Muru Golf Academy. This has been made possible by an agreement between the Muru Golf Academy and the Society of Singapore Golfers(SSG) who is a Member Club of the United States Golf Association (USGA) and also an Associate Member of the Singapore Golf Association. You can read more about SSG on www.singaporegolfers.org

By obtaining a handicap through the Muru Golf Academy, you would enjoy all the perks extended to all SSG members. This is because the handicap/membership would fall under the associate membership category. This membership is no different to an ordinary membership. The perks/benefits are:
Being recognised as a member of a bona fide Club
Obtain a valid and official USGA Handicap Index
Free maintenance of handicap indexes
Enjoy reduced green fees at selected Golf Clubs
Enjoy discounts from selected Pro Shops
Enjoy Extended Family Scheme for Juniors/Minors
Enjoy reduced premium for Golfer's Insurance
Free personalised email account with Society's domain
Free car decal
Connect to a vast network of golfers
Participate in any sanctioned Tournament or Competition
Participate in regular golf-related activities organised by the Society

Students or golfers who would like to obtain a handicap would only need to:
1. pay only $250 for the joining fee and courtesy round (the round will be conducted by myself)
2. Submit 5 18 hole scores cards (If a new golfer does not have the required number of score cards, a provisional handicap will be issued till all 5 cards are submitted)
3. Attend an interactive and educational rules/handicap workshop for only $30 conducted at the Swissotel Merchant Court( conducted bimonthly).

If you'd like to know more, feel free to drop me a PM, email at jhanpga@yahoo.com.sg or at 81233274.

Cheers and happy golfing!

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Great stuff there, Justin!

Definitely a quick and great way to get a hcp! cheers
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:04 pm

coach jhan, any perks with regards to playing at warren through this route?
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 pm

coe16arg wrote:
coach jhan, any perks with regards to playing at warren through this route?

I will ask the golf manager tomorrow and I'll let u know
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 am

sorry matey no perks at the moment but we are working on it.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi guys

Sorry some changes to the following details:

The rules/handicap workshop at the Swissotel Merchant Court is $65 not $30(SGA collects a sanction fee)
Subsequent annual subscription is $120
Cheers
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi justin

Just want to check with you the pricing. I was just exploring a bit myself. Have a few questions. While, I am already a student of MGA so Smile

http://www.singaporegolfers.org/membership.html

Assuming student of Muru (associate member)
The joining fee is waived, and the annual subscription is $90 or $50...
Hmm, where does the $120 annual subscription that you mentioned come about ah?

So I assume $250 is actually just for the golf academy for administering the courtesy round (exld green fees) + 1st year subscription fee.
Cause I was wondering, I just join SSG as ordinary member myself,pay $20, do SSG's own courtesy round (is it free?), pay green fees, pay 1st year subscription myself.

Lastly it says
"Annual Subscription Fee

The annual subscription fee is due and payable on 1st January of each year. It is based on a calendar year. No pro-rated annual subscription fee will be given or allowed."

Like this means join Dec 2011, pay 2011 subscription fees (part of $250). And Jan 2012, ownself pay again for 2012...
Now already November.. Sad so maybe make more sense wait 2012 huh.

I know there are many fees here and there to get handicap card. So Thanks for clarifying!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:06 pm

I think for SSG, you will need to play their monthly medal to have your tcp maintained by them.

I think its quite standard maintenance fee. I am a social member of warren and i use to have my hcp maintain by them and I still need to pay $120.

Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi mate

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy out at Sentosa and I've not had a chance to get on the computer. Firstly I do not know of the charges for the courtesy round if you did sign up with them directly. However I do know that $250 is a very reasonable rate, considering the fact that it's for the courtesy round and annual subscription. About annual subscription, we count as of a year from the date you joined rather than what you stated below. Sorry again for the late reply.

kooky wrote:
Hi justin

Just want to check with you the pricing. I was just exploring a bit myself. Have a few questions. While, I am already a student of MGA so Smile

http://www.singaporegolfers.org/membership.html

Assuming student of Muru (associate member)
The joining fee is waived, and the annual subscription is $90 or $50...
Hmm, where does the $120 annual subscription that you mentioned come about ah?

So I assume $250 is actually just for the golf academy for administering the courtesy round (exld green fees) + 1st year subscription fee.
Cause I was wondering, I just join SSG as ordinary member myself,pay $20, do SSG's own courtesy round (is it free?), pay green fees, pay 1st year subscription myself.

Lastly it says
"Annual Subscription Fee

The annual subscription fee is due and payable on 1st January of each year. It is based on a calendar year. No pro-rated annual subscription fee will be given or allowed."

Like this means join Dec 2011, pay 2011 subscription fees (part of $250). And Jan 2012, ownself pay again for 2012...
Now already November.. Sad so maybe make more sense wait 2012 huh.

I know there are many fees here and there to get handicap card. So Thanks for clarifying!
Back to top Go down
wizardofoz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
wizardofoz

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:29 pm

duffader wrote:
I think for SSG, you will need to play their monthly medal to have your tcp maintained by them.

I think its quite standard maintenance fee. I am a social member of warren and i use to have my hcp maintain by them and I still need to pay $120.

Hi, Sorry TS
off topic a bit

Just wanna clarify, U mean social membership can maintain handicap with club?
is that a current practice? cos i always tot only golfing members are allowed to have a hdp maintain by club

Thanks..
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:52 am

Yes you can, u will still need to have a courtesy round unless you have an existing hcp somewhere and they will need to provide a letter to the club which you want to transfer the hcp to. And for social members, u need tonplay 120 a year for the maintenance. For details, call the club.
Back to top Go down
yeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yeo

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 am

correct me if i have mistaken...

is it $250 to get HCP plus one year of HCP maintenance? Following years will be $120 per year for HCP maintenance?
any other charges missed out?
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:12 am

duffader wrote:
Yes you can, u will still need to have a courtesy round unless you have an existing hcp somewhere and they will need to provide a letter to the club which you want to transfer the hcp to. And for social members, u need tonplay 120 a year for the maintenance. For details, call the club.
You still maintain your hcp with Warren? Or you have to since you maintain your social member status? Anyway, Adeline just started to do this hcp maintenance service not too long ago (www.big3golf.com.sg), and I learnt how these pricing arrangements are made. Tough business.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:05 am

Nope, transferred to nsrcc already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!   Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get a USGA certified handicap at the Muru Golf Academy!
Page 1 of 1