Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfing baby

Go down 
+4
TDO
joetan_sin
Kengnam
dylan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dylan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi guys, I just picked up golf since there's a new range in Punggol. I first got in touch with golf at age 14 but have never taken any lessons before.

I will be practicing at the new Punggol golf range and if any seniors out there is willing to teach and get together is most appreciated. I also intend to take lessons at punggol, so if any friends wanna join me pls let me know.

Please be patient with me, I'm really new.
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kengnam

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:58 pm

I stay near by at hougang,to punggol only 10 mins.I play golf only 9 mth can SMS me if u want 96862626 happy to know more ppls
Back to top Go down
joetan_sin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi guys,

I laid off for many years and just picked up a few months ago. If you do not mind I can join you all sometime. Pls reach me at:
joetan_sin@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm

"I will be practicing at the new Punggol golf range and if any seniors out there is willing to teach and get together is most appreciated."

Whoa! Don't play play hor. I thought we are not allowed to teach if you are not the coach there. 3 weeks ago I went to Bt Batok Driving Range L3 with my colleagues during lunch time just for one of them to hit a few balls and I sort of tried to tell him to hold the grip this way, stand that way and flex the knee a bit. In less than 5 minutes, this auntie (don't know come from where suddenly appear) came and tell us that if we want to take lesson there is a coaching available at L2. Then I realised there is a CCTV behind us.

Wah! She just keep saying we should take up lesson if we are beginners. I told her not to harass us as we are just trying to hit a few balls.

Granted we are not qualified to teach, but please let my colleague experience hitting balls first and let him decide whether or not to continue with his new sport. Anyway, I did tell my colleague to take up lessons if he is keen because we (me) may not be teaching him the right things.

Question is will the Driving Range allow other teaching pros or coaches teach at their range?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
YC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:30 pm

I think should be ok at Punggol. I was at the range over the weekend and a nice gentleman gave me quite a bit of tips. We were right in the middle outside the range office and nobody seemed to mind or say anything.

I think giving tips and suggestions is different from coaching. There is no money involvement and it's done out of goodwill.

I will always welcome tips and suggestions and I do agree we may be learning the wrong things as well. But I think no harm done, it's a social sport after all. Having tips does help to bring out more interest for the game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Punggol range is still very new and there's no golf school there yet,
if there's one they will be sensitive to golfers who goes there to so call
teach your friend, breaking their rice bowl and lesser opportunity for the
teaching Pros.

Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:20 pm

TDO wrote:
"

....Question is will the Driving Range allow other teaching pros or coaches teach at their range?

Cheers![/color]

the teaching pro(s) pay monthly fee to the range or club to teach there. It can be quite an amount for popular range like bishan range. It is very competitive, 1 of the teaching pro from other range told me that bishan has 8 teaching pro. You can image why they are fiercely protecting their turf.
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 pm

I'm also new and stay at Punggol... can meet up at the Range to hit some balls and learn from bros here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Golfing baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfing baby   Golfing baby I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfing baby
Page 1 of 1