Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana

Go down 
+17
shawnyswsg
solarpop
Denmeister
efoong
4dtoto
nientsu
Cyp_PGA
Dan5
crayon33
eiji
foolwalking
scubawun
shamusan
asahi
cmclee
kian
Lee36328
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
shamusan wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
DJ plays a touch softer than DI? That would explain why it is mid-spin as compared to low-spin for DI.

Interesting to note that when DJ6 is compared with DI6, say x flex, DJ is a tad heavier w a touch lower torque, yet plays softer and spins a bit more. That would seem to imply the DI would be smoother (a bit higher torque) and lighter. I guess the difference must be in the tip then.

Now I can begin to understand why a strong hitter like Shamusan would prefer the DJ - the slighter heavier weight and lower torque would offer more stability, plus Shamusan's swing is probably already low-spin to begin with.

well, my numbers for on the trackman typically range 2500 and up for all shafts i've tried so far but after gaming the DJ7X, DI7X, whiteboard 73X, fubuki 70X, speeder 757X all on the same titleist 910 D2 head, i've found that although my numbers with the speeder and whiteboard are the best on the trackman, i'm getting a nicer ball flight, more carry and better overall distance with the DJ...

i guess i just like the feel of it and i think it would suit a person with your swing speed more... on course, my swing speed ranges from 105 to 110 although i can crank it up to the 120s... but i find the DJ works best when i swing and not hit...

i'm sorry but i dont spend too much time with a trackman so i cannot get you all the numbers... i hope this helps...

Shamusan,

The numbers certainly help; thank you for them.

Now I know where you get your reputation from. If you can reach 110 w a smooth steady swing, and keep it at 2500, that is GOLD. A carry of circa 256m is easy. Then, it's simply a matter of getting the launch angle you want.

If the 7 fits you better than the 6, you must be quite tall and beefy as well. I am only 1.75m and 83kg - if you are shorter and/or lighter, I will jump off the 3rd level of my local driving range, and after that, try to figure out what I am doing wrong.

The 7 gives you more stability at impact. For now, I am probably not at that shaft-weight range yet. Certainly I am not hitting 100s in my hybrids, unlike you. I'll give the 6 one more try. I have 7 in my wood and 8 in my hybrids.

As for DI compared with DJ, I think at your numbers, the DJ fits because it gives you higher launch, resulting in better distances. Assuming an easy smooth swing with swing speed of 110mph and smash factor 1.5, each additional angle in the launch gives you 1m to 1.5m more carry. So that's a big jump.

In my case (my swing speed, say optimistically 105mph), each additional degree of launch angle only gives me 0.5 to 0.8m carry, whereas each 100 rpm lower gives me 1m additional carry.

Based on those numbers, it makes sense for you to go for the DJ, whereas the numbers indicate the DI would fit my purpose just a bit better, although the difference is not by much.

Thanks again for your numbers; they were helpful in analyzing my decision.

Further to this, I was just at the shop where my shaft has arrived. I asked my fitter about the difference between DJ and DI. According to him, DJ would fit players who were already low-boring hitters in the first place, and the additional spin would help to get the ball up further. For someone like me who tends to spin it higher than low-boring hitters, the DI will help me keep the spin and height down.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:55 pm

crayon33 wrote:
Reading this thread, I now realise why during this last trip and the trip before that to Bangkok in July, why there are so many DI and DJs on the golf clubs in Thaniya and in Siam Paragon shops. You can almost say that the preferred aftermarket shaft seems to be in a shade of orange. When it comes to golf equipment, looks like our Thai brethen sure know their stuff.

Yeah, according to my fitter, they are selling like hot cakes.

There were 4-5 shafts in the workshop just now, just arrived on order. Seems every time I went to his shop, there are some orange shafts being installed.

Seems it doesn't hurt with images like these on TV, regardless of how he performs.

Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 Tiger_Woods_DI1

Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 Post-88479-0-47144600-1305408081_thumb
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:06 pm

But seriously, the shaft is good.

I first saw them in the hands of Danny Chia at the driving range. I was curious about the orange/white stripped shafts, and could not tell what brand they were until I saw them up close.

I heard Danny commenting, "Very stable."

Decided to try it in my Pro Black hybrid. Initially not impressed; felt boardy like a wooden shaft, unless I swung out of my shoes. Wondered what the fuss was all about.

Then, the pro black hybrid led to the blades which led to a swing revamp, and all of a sudden, I have a swing that can activate this shaft properly. Once it crossed that threshold, the shaft was in its element. So that's how it's meant to perform.... above a certain swing speed and smash factor.

Suddenly, I find the ahina, kaili, etc in my drivers and wood far too soft. The result, the orange/white is now in my driver, 3 wood, and both the hybrids; basically it's replaced all the graphite shafts in my bag.

Be sure to spine/flo it during installation. It will amaze.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Oh, the DI hybrid is a wonderful shaft. I'm thinking of changing to it. The thump feels a little dead.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:48 pm

shamusan wrote:
Oh, the DI hybrid is a wonderful shaft. I'm thinking of changing to it. The thump feels a little dead.

I have them in both my hybrids, and I am liking them very much.

Only problem is, with these shafts, both my hybrids are a bit longer than I anticipated, both can carry 200m. But that's short for you Sham. Laughing
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Haha. Thts not the point. And after today's game, I might give the DI another shot since my ball started to balloon when I rip it. Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Just wonder how much will one of this kind of shaft set you back? Feel like giving it a try after hearing all the good thing abt it. For a 95mph swing speed can move this shaft??
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:43 pm

i think between 350 -450 ... it's aftermarket shaft ... it isn't cheap ,but worth every cents....
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Dan5 wrote:
Just wonder how much will one of this kind of shaft set you back? Feel like giving it a try after hearing all the good thing abt it. For a 95mph swing speed can move this shaft??

I think that's about the speed I swing my 3-wood, and I'm using the AD DI 7 Stiff for it, so the answer is yes, 95 mph can move the shaft - just match it with the right weight and flex.

You will discover a world of difference.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Epiphany!   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:09 am

I just came back from 4 hours at the range, taking my brand new GD AD DI 6 X-stiff shaft in my 9015D Adams driver head for its first test run. I brough 4 different drivers in various shafts and different flexes to compare. I repeat, 4 hours, testing a new shaft. That should be a clue to what I'm about to write.

Do not read further unless you want to transform your shots.

Short version:

WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Long version:

Dear CEO of Graphite Design,

Whoever the chief designer is that came up with the Tour AD Deep Impact, and whatever you are paying him, YOU ARE NOT PAYING HIM ENOUGH.

Please identify this genius engineer, ask him what he was doing when he came up with this design, and make sure you do everything in your power to get him to repeat this brilliant moment of epiphany.

Even if he was sitting on his toilet bowl when it happened, build an office for him surrounding the spot, stuff it full of every amenities so that he never has to leave, and can continue to come up with these brilliant ideas.

And take his current salary, DOUBLE IT, and give him a new identity so that your competitors do not find out and POACH him from you.

While you're at it, you might also want to consider putting up a statue of his likeness in the main lobby of your corporate HQ.

Have a good day.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Lee,
President of the Tour AD DI Fan Club

===============================================

Seriously guys, the shaft is a work of pure GENIUS. If it were a woman, I'd propose to her and ask her to bear my offspring. If it were a painting, it would be displayed at the Louvre, right next to the Mona Lisa. If Leonardo Da Vinci himself were to design a shaft today, he could scarcely do better.

First of all, it's the first time in my life I am hitting X-flex. BUT, it does not feel Xtra stiff AT ALL. The FCM number is 7.5, so it's smack in the middle of the x stiff range. But somehow, from the very first swing, it just felt NATURAL. I did not have to swing extra hard. I soon forgot all about it and concentrated on working my shots.

That's where the genius is gradually revealed. You can swing smooth or you can ramp it up to the max of your power. NOTHING WILL UPSET THE SHAFT. It remains stable throughout.

For those who are hifi buffs, you know what I mean by high fidelity. The subtle details of the source are captured and reproduced in its full splendour. You can turn the volume way down to a whisper, or all the way up to the max, the accuracy of the reproduction is faithfully maintained with no distortion. A sound system that can achieve that is typically very expensive. Well, this shaft is like that. Every little move and variation you do in your swing is captured and reflected at impact, but more importantly, the output varies linearly with the input. Faithfully, with no distortion.

Which means it is highly predictable.

What's the big deal about predictability? Well... how about this. Toward the end of the session, I could pick a target like the top of the fencing pole at the end of the range, and SEND THE BALL THERE in a nice high draw. I was astounded by the accuracy I could manage with this shaft. Remember, I'm talking about a driver. And the target was more than 200m away. What a shaft...

Just to confirm, I hit the other 3 drivers, on different shafts, R to S flex. Nope, not the same outcome. Some more accurate than others, but none gave me the confidence stemming from the repeat-ability of this shaft.

With predictability comes workability. Draw? No problem. Fade? Sure. Straight? We all know how tricky it is to hit a truly straight shot. Not a problem for this shaft.

I kept ordering cups after cups of coffee as my brain furiously processed the tons of data I was collecting about my swing as a result of this accurate instrument. BTW, the cafe at KLGCC serves excellent italian coffee. As I fine-tuned my swing as a result of this new shaft, I wondered whether the swing will work with other clubs.

Curious to find out, I hit my 3 wood. So NATURAL. So ACCURATE. So effortlessly LONG. Off the tee, or off the deck, NO DIFFERENCE. Just set up, look at the target, and say to the shaft, "Make it so, number one."

What's the longest iron I brought today? That would be a 5. As soon as I made contact, I knew it was a good shot. Still in my follow through, I could see the ball flying high in a towering trajectory following the line I have charted for it in my mind during set up. Ahhhh! So satisfying, just like the lovely italian coffee.

A few hours later, I actually felt, dare I say it, feels a little sacrilegious to even think about it, a little bored. This is new to me. Every club seemed to deliver. I realized there was nothing more I wanted to work on for the rest of the evening, so I packed up for the day at 9 plus. Leaving the range before the lights were switched off is a rarity for me. This was the first time I ever left the driving range feeling that the session was to thoroughly productive.

On the way home, I called my clubfitter and thanked him. My bag, in terms of shafts, was now complete. All that was left to do was to get home and write this review. How to accurately describe what this shaft has done for my swing? I could feel the italian coffee kicking my brain cells into gear again...
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm

After reading the review can start feeling the urge to try this shaft out. Any good clubfitter to recommend and have the chance to experience it.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Dan5 wrote:
After reading the review can start feeling the urge to try this shaft out. Any good clubfitter to recommend and have the chance to experience it.

Big Fish will be good as they got trackman . a shaft doesn't suit everybody it's good to see the number as spin and launch to make sure you purchase the right shaft especially the price you paying .... get fitted will be the best
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Mr lee.

Are you in marketing. Cos if u are not, it's such a waste
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 Diseri10

+

Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 Persi10

=

WOW ???
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:38 pm

HUH???
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
Dan5 wrote:

Big Fish will be good as they got trackman . a shaft doesn't suit everybody it's good to see the number as spin and launch to make sure you purchase the right shaft especially the price you paying .... get fitted will be the best

Thanks for the info Cyp, will try to make a trip down to Big fish to test it out and see if it fit my swing!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:09 pm

nientsu wrote:
Mr lee.

Are you in marketing. Cos if u are not, it's such a waste

Thank you. I am in sales.

But when a paradigm-shifting game-changer like this comes along, the product sells itself. You just gotta try it, and you're an instant believer, especially if you like to power-launch your shots down the fairway.

It was so difficult for me to find a shaft that remained stable as it kicked in the release. It must be very difficult to achieve from a manufacturing standpoint, because all the expensive shafts I tried were fine and smooth... until I amped up the power. And once they got to their breaking point so to speak, they go haywire and spray my shots everywhere.

And I think my blades must be the culprit in strengthening my swing, because all of a sudden, the points of failure were popping up in all my old previously extremely reliable shafts.

I thought my swing had suddenly gone beserk, I could not find the fairway to save my life... Until I found this shaft.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Dan5 wrote:

I kinda knew my findings would convince you. Very Happy

But like Cyp_PGA said, take a look at the numbers as well, make sure you choose the right weight and flex.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 am

Here's a closer look at the GD Tour AD DI shaft I've been raving about.

Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 710fd907a8df5946184a88888a93c833

From the Frys Open this weekend. Cool
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
efoong

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:57 pm

anyone try tour ad DI 5 before???regular shaft will it be whippier than normal fujikura motore shaft?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:39 pm

efoong wrote:
anyone try tour ad DI 5 before???regular shaft will it be whippier than normal fujikura motore shaft?

I don't have a DI 5, so not sure.

Just wondering, if whippi-ness is an issue, then why go for DI 5 and not DI 6?

In either case, I guess fitting will show the right shaft weight and flex to go for.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
efoong

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:48 pm

ah just happen that i got lobang for a second hand tour ad 5 di so wondering whether is it suitable for me...as my swing speed ard 100
so dun wish to buy sth that cant be use...summore is regular flex...the torque is 4.7 but heard tour ad very sweet and i tried once on a 3 woods...but is x-stiff but it doest feel like it...

hope someone could help me about this issue...
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
I just came back from 4 hours at the range, taking my brand new GD AD DI 6 X-stiff shaft in my 9015D Adams driver head for its first test run. I brough 4 different drivers in various shafts and different flexes to compare. I repeat, 4 hours, testing a new shaft. That should be a clue to what I'm about to write.

Do not read further unless you want to transform your shots.

Short version:

WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Took the DI X shaft and my new swing to two rounds of golf so far.

Initially the new swing was a bit shaky, but after persisting despite hooking several tee shots, the new swing started kicking in.

And I was finally able to recreate the driving range WOWWWWWWWWWW!!! on the course as well.

Whether on the hybrid, or 3 wood, or especially the driver, this shaft was impressive.

I have never enjoyed my driver more. Impressively high and long and most importantly, stable.

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:22 pm

After checking the numbers on Trackman today, decided to try tipping the driver shaft half an inch.

That will bring down the swing weight by about 3 points, from D6 to D3, so I am adding weight at the tip to bring it back up to D6 again.

Hopefully that will tighten up the dispersion a bit more.
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 pm

did u try the new DJ shafts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana   Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falling in love with GD Tour AD DI, and out of love with Diamana
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next