Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Unforgettable miss....

Go down 
+22
klt8144
mloy
zhenxua
ChrisD
tronos
Vinny
Schulo
Birdman
Technospaz
mizzy
pushslice
Lee36328
nientsu
golf_snowman
bian1980
JGoh
Duval_S
blee67
JonL_TK
kian
eiji
CoRN
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

An Unforgettable miss.... Empty
PostSubject: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:17 am

It took me some time to decide to post this 'cos i cannot take it anymore. Must get it out from my head.

On a beautiful Saturday morning, woke up at 4:30am with only 3 hours sleep I took off to JB Ponderosa Golf and Country Club to golf with mloy, technospaz and Fabian.

Things went quite wrong when we first arrived at the venue. We were told that our booking were not registered but they managed to squeezed us in somehow to prevent mloy from yelling at them.

However, that did not prevent her from fuming when we arrived at the 1st tee. We witnessed 2 ladies were playing hockey 2 flights in front of us plus a very forgetful Koreans who always leave their left clubs behind. To make things worst, the flight before us nearly murdered mloy at hole 3 (I think)...

Despite the not very happy events mentioned above, there came a short par 4 (can't remember which hole) so memorable that i could not sleep that night. That par 4 was a slight dog leg left, about 289m from white. as usual, when i see an opportunity to go tiger, i'll go all out for it. as I stand at the tee box, i felt a little down wind and thought, wth... let's "hood" all the way. I then swing with all my might and omg, the ball went straight and lost sight in the air. None saw where the ball go and i just told them that it went straight.

after everyone teed off, we went scouting for my ball and saw a ball sitting 2 feet away from the flag. oh my goooooooodddddd... that's my ball?? i'm pretty sure it's mine but i had to go check it. Yes! i confirmed to others that it was my ball there. this is the best eagle chance for me, i told myself. after everyone has made their putts, it was my turn.... i felt the immense pressure to make the putt. it's just a 2 feet putt with a little right to left break. felt my heart rate increased. i made 3 pre putt routine and i putt it.

When my putter made contact with the ball, oh sh|t! i knew it was going wrong. The ball lost steam and landed just left of the hole... OH MY GOOOOOOODDD!!! I missed it!!!!!!!!!!

Because of this, i really couldn't sleep at night thinking how did i miss that putt... until now... it's still in my head. i think this will be in my head permanently now... but at least i've threw it out here in the forum, feeling better now.

Anyway, thanks folks for listening to my story.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:22 am

"Drive for show, Putt for dough"

You drove the green and all your focal point was the eagle putt miss...

dislacimer: all of the above are comments from a very envious golfer who can't even imagine hitting over 250m

Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:26 am

at least u got birdie rite?!?!?!!?!
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:29 am

yeah... luckily i got a birdie. if not, i think i will just go home.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:30 am

You need to start playing high stakes golf... then in future will not miss such putts
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:31 am

eiji wrote:

Totally agree... after this event, i think i will visit the putting green more often now.

Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:32 am

You know what that means right Corn? ROFL
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:33 am

er... you going to give me free putting lesson?
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 am

JonL_TK wrote:
You need to start playing high stakes golf... then in future will not miss such putts

You mean paying tuition fee? haha...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:40 am

Full of Raw Talent (FORT !!!!! )

congrats bro....I am looking forward to our upcoming game.

the closest I got to eagle is when I rename a par3....a par 6
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 am

Play vegas with the ASS - $5 per point!1 cyclops Basketball
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
CoRN

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Duval_S wrote:

wahlau bro... when is our upcoming game??
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:09 pm

that was one of the most amazing hit......
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:12 pm

CoRN wrote:

More like, how many strokes you are giving us ah? ROFL
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:18 pm

wow !!!

that's a 289m drive !!!!....well done bro.....
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 pm

CoRN wrote:
eiji wrote:

Totally agree... after this event, i think i will visit the putting green more often now.

Bro.

Look at it this way. It could have been worse. E.g. 2 foot putt.....short of 5cm to pin. Second putt, grounded putter and ball went wrong way. If that happen i think u will donate your eqpt and stop golf for a month.

Anyway, it was a good attempt.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Corn,

I feel for you man.

"I felt my heart rate increase."

When that happens, back off, take a few deep slow breath, and restart your pre-putt routine.

I recently came to realize the value of the humble putting mat.

I put it in the living room, with the putter next to it.

Anytime I walk past the living room, I reach for the putter and practice.

With this recent dramatic experience, I am sure you will sink all your 3-footer eagle putts from now on if you allow your body to treat it as just another 3-footer.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:55 pm

see, see? 2nd best driver in GR, pound for pound. If you all see Corn in person, you will agree with me. He isnt tall like Alvin or ZX.

and corn, was that with the old swing or the new swing?

happy to know my old TM burner with graman limey still kicks ass Very Happy Forget about 910 man..

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Quote :
CoRN wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

wahlau bro... when is our upcoming game??

wah......your PA did not tell you that we hv it locked @ end Sept ....????

Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Bro,

if your putting was just steady.. and I don't mean good good, just steady.. you would be a very strong player.. if just 1 putt less per hole, it's 18 strokes less easily.

anyway just to see you play your irons is joy enough.. with that driver... i should have been there to see it.. haiz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Can I just say (as a casual spectator) that Corn's drives are amazing. So, his story relates to one Par 4. There was another. Drive... and then pulls out the putter. Yes, one on for both Par 4s. But, the second of these saw the flag a good 40+ feet away so his miss was excusable.

That said, all I can add to this that it was a real pleasure watching Corn's drives. Freaking scary.

As for me, it was a f'd up day. 1 birdie, 3 pars and still, a 99. I had more ups and downs than Space Mountain.

Just cause it's all quiet here and no one is saying a thing... Mloy was on fire, especially on the 2nd 9 where after 8 holes, she was 4 over (for the 2nd 9). Let's not discuss the 9th hole but let's just say that she unleashed the fury of all things horrible upon Fabian and myself (the only 2 who dared to wager with her) and we were left scrambling through her dazzling haze.

But, it was an awesome day to play golf. It was cool and breezy all morning. There was hardly any sun. No rain... just a clear cool sky. If I was going to get whacked in golf... at least I did so without being sunburned in the process Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:33 pm

blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:

More like, how many strokes you are giving us ah? ROFL

Last Thursday play low 80s still want strokes from Corn?

First putt all beside hole even if didn't fall into the cup, you're qualified to give Corn free putting lesson... then ask for strokes. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Mloy was on fire, especially on the 2nd 9 where after 8 holes, she was 4 over (for the 2nd 9).
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:35 pm

sigh....

we were "raped" in JB.
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Birdman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Mloy was on fire, especially on the 2nd 9 where after 8 holes, she was 4 over (for the 2nd 9).
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

ts and me couldn't sit well for the weekend.... backside tear!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   An Unforgettable miss.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Unforgettable miss....
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next