Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BMW Championship

Go down 
+3
Khorkar
lemmein
Technospaz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:14 am

Just when I posted the topic asking what's wrong with Tiger, he comes into the BMW Championship playing like he's on complete fire!

After 3 rounds, Tiger's at -16 while his nearest competition are at -9 (that's a 7 stroke advantage going into the final round). He fired a 62 (course record) on Day 3 with a blistering 8 birdies, 1 eagle (and a single bogey).

Other scores (selected) worth taking note:

Brandt Snedeker -9
Marc Leishman -9
Padraig Harrington -8
Sergio Garcia -6
Phil Mickelson -3
Anthony Kim -3
Y.E. Yang +9 (must be sweet revenge for Tiger and, yes, that's a 25 stroke difference)

Tiger looks poised to snag this championship. Made me eat my own words.
Back to top Go down
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:37 am

the guy's unreal, come on, on or off day, he amazes one n all. i'd also go far enough to say he's one of the most consistent players because an "off" day from him (apart from the two cuts he's missed all his career), happens to end up in a top 10, top 15 finish MOST of the time. no other PGA players can even maintain that sort of swagger. And obviously an "on" day for him leaves the competition in his dust...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:33 am

Talk abt king of ups and downs huh. Quite possibly he knew what was wrong with his game and fixed it. The Tiger is back...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:28 pm

One thing which Tiger has fixed is his driving. He used to semi-slice/power-fade his shots which made his long game off the tee rather erratic. Now, he seems to drive more consistently. Perhaps that's the reason why he's more back in the "zone." It's nice to see him kick butt again but like KK said... ups and downs. I hope he has more consistency going forward.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 am

The final round at BMW is again an 'off' day for TW, so far only -1 through 12 holes. He's been missing fairways (as usual), but still able to save pars. Most spectacular was his par 5 9th hole when his tee shot went all the way right, behind some tall trees. He punched it straight out across the fairway to right behind a big tree with 112 yards to the green. He then low draw the ball around the tree & let the ball run up to the hole. Made birdie! What a Face

What can i say?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:25 am

68. Wins by 8.

'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:36 am

Was there any doubt? With a 7 stroke lead, it's his game to take.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:33 am

looks like the old TW is back with a vengeance, finally. its always good for american tv ratings and the game in general to have the man back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:51 am

Not really helping the ratings.

Was at a Chili's restaurant having a late lunch after my round and I had to request for a channel change to golf on 1 of the TVs cos the sports bar area had 6 screens showing different NFL games and everyone glued.

Were the only couple watching Tiger ho-huming to his 68 while everyone was screaming and shouting to their fav football team.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:59 am

Technospaz wrote:
Was there any doubt? With a 7 stroke lead, it's his game to take.

Agreed. How to lose? Even if he tears his knee ligaments again, no one wud ever bet that he will lose his lead.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:32 am

S70B wrote:

Was at a Chili's restaurant having a late lunch after my round and I had to request for a channel change to golf on 1 of the TVs cos the sports bar area had 6 screens showing different NFL games and everyone glued.

Were the only couple watching Tiger ho-huming to his 68 while everyone was screaming and shouting to their fav football team.

But football is like a religion in the US. I lived there for a while and I know that it has a very strong following. That and baseball.

Golf, while widely accepted, does not enjoy the same fanbase.

Anyhow, congrats to Tiger. Just when I was ready to rule you out, you come back storming.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:40 am

Technospaz wrote:
S70B wrote:

But football is like a religion in the US. I lived there for a while and I know that it has a very strong following. That and baseball.

Golf, while widely accepted, does not enjoy the same fanbase.

Anyhow, congrats to Tiger. Just when I was ready to rule you out, you come back storming.

Yea....Me included....

Do hope to visit Fenway Park someday.....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 am

TS, I do watch Football here. Follow it abit too cos its wayyy more exciting to me than soccer anytime. Laughing

I still support the Chargers although I'm in FL now. Will be watching the Miami Dolphins closely this season. Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:51 am

S70B wrote:
TS, I do watch Football here. Follow it abit too cos its wayyy more exciting to me than soccer anytime. Laughing

I still support the Chargers although I'm in FL now. Will be watching the Miami Dolphins closely this season. Topic OFF

I lived in SF so supported (a little bit) the 49ers Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BMW Championship Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMW Championship   BMW Championship I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BMW Championship
Page 1 of 1