Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My bad shopping experience

Go down 
+35
wangph
mengteck71
tohsk8
Lee36328
DimWit Kid
stagedbrute
etoh
Gray
ParTee
garylin
Salty Dog
clau
blee67
ping golfer
shamusan
DRGjr72
duffader
golfchowmk
simoner
pocketace
Khorkar
iron eagle
glespaul
solarpop
Right_sided_coach
DGman
poresia
TourSwing
golf_snowman
dodo
wilier izoard
Duval_S
pushslice
TheFocalPoint
morganoh
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

My bad shopping experience - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Poresia, if u still dunno, I tell u the next time when we play... They very hardsell also, more keen to sell than rather meet ur needs
They tried to hard sell me the g15 driver before.... quite yah yah papaya... Not good purchase experience
Morgan I can empathize with u...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Sheez! U guys really keep me guessing!

Let's use the power of social media to our advantage....

Anyway, my fitting experience with Ping was great. I got my Pings fitted in Bishan range after testing the clubs for many times....no problems at all in terms of the clubs and friendliness. They did both dynamic and static fitting. Also tested and fitted by G15 driver there but didn't buy from them - got it off a bro here for half the price of the new driver, and they r still ok and friendly....

Now thinking of getting the G15 FWs....
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:50 pm

pocketace wrote:
Poresia, if u still dunno, I tell u the next time when we play... They very hardsell also, more keen to sell than rather meet ur needs
They tried to hard sell me the g15 driver before.... quite yah yah papaya... Not good purchase experience
Morgan I can empathize with u...

Bro, pls let me also when we have a game togerther ok hahahaha.....
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Bro Chow, certainly! I just feel they are not very 'steady' in handling customers. Some of us had good and some had bad experience with em

My story: I went to that shop cos wanna to change grip. While waiting, i tried the g15 driver. I was struggling with my driver then, and strangely I hit the g15 straight. They assume I will buy and put one piece on the cashier for me to pay. I said 'no, just wanna change my grip, thank you' their faces black like hell... I mean, I die die must buy izzit?

Anyway, i just got my swing tuned by shorthitter, it's all back to basics and i can hit all 3 drivers in my arsenal now. None of em is a g15 driver lor.... Hahaha but having said that g15 is still a good driver (I used to own one, just didn't buy from this shop!). Just need to put a decent swing regardless of brand. G15 is not a miracle club
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:27 pm

pocketace wrote:
Bro Chow, certainly! I just feel they are not very 'steady' in handling customers. Some of us had good and some had bad experience with em

My story: I went to that shop cos wanna to change grip. While waiting, i tried the g15 driver. I was struggling with my driver then, and strangely I hit the g15 straight. They assume I will buy and put one piece on the cashier for me to pay. I said 'no, just wanna change my grip, thank you' their faces black like hell... I mean, I die die must buy izzit?

Anyway, i just got my swing tuned by shorthitter, it's all back to basics and i can hit all 3 drivers in my arsenal now. None of em is a g15 driver lor.... Hahaha but having said that g15 is still a good driver (I used to own one, just didn't buy from this shop!). Just need to put a decent swing regardless of brand. G15 is not a miracle club

Bro, i tot u r TM fan. me & my jr is also a tm siao lor..hahhha

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:32 am

Morgan, its really unfortunate what happened to you. But what saddens me more is that your fellow GR and Singapore golfers will suffer the same fate at the hands of this seller!

What I admire about the US is that the power is in the hands of the consumer. Reputation is sacred, and once lost, can bring an end to the business. This is why one gets exemplary custoner service over there!

Maybe its a cultural thing in our part of the world, or a realization that is yet to happen, but the consumer should be dictating terms ...

I really appreciated the below discussion, as it brought about awareness, and may even bring about some positive change :
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t12065-need-better-customer-service-training-at-golf-house
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:54 am

iron eagle wrote:
Owner B about 5.5ft face a bit rustic, speak teochew and a bit bengish,
v how lian? some time wear lolex gmt iic one right? talk v loud?

How come u know???

U very good man....
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:18 am

So many people pm me asking for the shop.

Ok it's "billion dollar man made river"

If u have read the news it work be easy to guess
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Actually, it's quite obvious where the shop is. Authorized Ping Fitter with te Ping fitting computer thingy, of my head, can only think of one.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

We used to have issues in the US with various companies sending the wrong size, loft, shaft, etc. We ALWAYS without hesitation made sure that we got the correct item that was ordered for the customer and in a timely manner. Even if we had to pay some additional money for expedited shipping (usually would be covered by the OEM if the situation warranted).

It was better to make a marginal profit and keep the customer happy than it was to make them mad and lose them as a customer. Golf is a service industry and as such certain things should be essential when it comes to service. One of them is customer satisfaction. I never once had a customer come to me after a sale and tell me he was not satisfied with the service or follow up service that was provided. That is golf business 101. There are so many competitors in the market and since it is hard to compete on price, one thing you can use to differentiate your business is provide excellent customer care.

It appears that this shop does not live by that mantra. That is just a shame. I hate to see an industry, that I worked many years in and tried to improve (in my little way), sullied by people who either don't care enough or don't know enough to make it a little better for the golfers today.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Can someone just post the damn location and shop name so I can stop guessing and go there and yank their chain a bit?
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:22 pm

bounce

Last edited by iron eagle on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ping golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:46 pm

morganoh wrote:

Hi Morgan, you are known to many people as a reasonable person, the owner is a real idiot to behave in this manner, I was waiting for the arrival of the G20 driver and purchase it from them (since its near my home), guess I will go to golfamigo instead.....

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:23 pm

ping golfer wrote:
morganoh wrote:

Hi Morgan, you are known to many people as a reasonable person, the owner is a real idiot to behave in this manner, I was waiting for the arrival of the G20 driver and purchase it from them (since its near my home), guess I will go to golfamigo instead.....

Cheers,

Felix,

From golfing to farming, now back to golfing again?

Lunch the week after next when I am back from my trip?

Bro Morgan, sorry for the ot.
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:44 pm

ping golfer wrote:
morganoh wrote:

Cheers,

Since u said good things about me . If got chance i will help u save money.
U buy the g20 shipped to new york hotel n i ask my friend to bring back for u.
Back to top Go down
clau
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:43 pm

i guess this is what happens when brands dont research properly on who they are distributing their products to whom is doing the retail. We do have a lot of half baked retailers here imo.
Back to top Go down
ping golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:28 pm

blee2007 wrote:
ping golfer wrote:
morganoh wrote:

Cheers,

Felix,

From golfing to farming, now back to golfing again?

Lunch the week after next when I am back from my trip?

Bro Morgan, sorry for the ot.

Blee, yes i am back to golfing... lunch the week after next sounds good :-)
Back to top Go down
ping golfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:33 pm

morganoh wrote:
ping golfer wrote:
morganoh wrote:

Cheers,

Since u said good things about me . If got chance i will help u save money.
U buy the g20 shipped to new york hotel n i ask my friend to bring back for u.

haha Morgan, you're a good soul, i think the G20 driver should be out by Aug/Sept in the US, will let you know....

Ping Golf
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:43 pm

morganoh wrote:

Wow, morgan...i was just guessing it.

Am really surprised they behaved this way...

To be fair, I have not had any bad experience with them, but comes as a shock that they do not treat their customers equally Sad

It just so sad!!!

Anyway, I bumped into one of their guys on the way back from Bintan on Tues, and he mentioned that they will be opening another branch in OCC.......
Back to top Go down
Salty Dog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Now you guys got me worried. I custom fit my ping g15 from there also. Now I worry if I got fitted with the right color. Is there anyway to get a quick confirmation or verification?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Salty Dog wrote:
Now you guys got me worried. I custom fit my ping g15 from there also. Now I worry if I got fitted with the right color. Is there anyway to get a quick confirmation or verification?

It ain't all bad news bro. I got my Ping Anser forge fitted there too. Static fitting showed I have to use blue dot, but after dynamic fitting with the machine and my prefered swing type - the final colour was yellow. I am hitting well with the irons.

To calm my nerves, I actually brought the clubs to Keppel BFG for 2nd opinion.

Result: Fitting is ok for me Beer
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Which shop is this?? Nvr read news so no clue ..
Back to top Go down
Salty Dog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:35 am

simoner wrote:
Salty Dog wrote:

It ain't all bad news bro. I got my Ping Anser forge fitted there too. Static fitting showed I have to use blue dot, but after dynamic fitting with the machine and my prefered swing type - the final colour was yellow. I am hitting well with the irons.

To calm my nerves, I actually brought the clubs to Keppel BFG for 2nd opinion.

Result: Fitting is ok for me Beer

Thanks bro. Im using blue dot now. So it means u r pretty tall? Around 1.85m?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Salty, I am not that tall - m about 1.8m.
Back to top Go down
ParTee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ParTee

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:15 am

...was told that one of the partners, a certified
Ping club fitter has left...looks like they have
problems among the partners too !!!

One of my golf kaki has the same bad experience
with their club fittings too... His static fitting was
a blue dot as he is quite tall... but was fitted with
a brown dot!!!... 5 colour code difference which is
3.75 degrees flat!!
He never went back to them but instead consulted
directly with Samuel of WinGolf ( Ping Exclusive
Distributor) and has it bend FOC to black dot after
another fitting with Samuel.
But the damage has been done and now he is
thinking of selling off the irons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My bad shopping experience
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next