Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guess where is this place ?

Go down 
+3
iron eagle
watermyforrest
Tituman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Guess where is this place ? Empty
PostSubject: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:11 am

[img]Guess where is this place ? DSCN7888[/img]

Err.... don't stare too much into my swollen tummy hor, ate too much during this trip...look at the background instead. lol! This is the famous 18th Hole of every golfer's dream. I know one person sure to hit it on the knob as he had played there before.

Here are more clues.

[img]Guess where is this place ? DSCN7894[/img]

[img] Guess where is this place ? DSCN7899[/img]

Here the kids are getting into the act too. The grass are so thick and fluffy that it felt like carpet that all the kids and some adults lied down on it to feel it.
[img]Guess where is this place ? DSCN7895[/img]
[img]Guess where is this place ? DSCN7920[/img]

Last edited by Tituman on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Wah Dave... I am so jealous... Did you have a go at it?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:14 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Wah Dave... I am so jealous... Did you have a go at it?

Hi Benny, sad to say no chance as I was on a package trip. But my wife who is a non golfer was so impressed with the classiness of the Club that she said she wants to come back and stay here for a few days in the near future. Thats when I will have my chance he he. Looking at good days ahead liao ha ha lol!
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:15 pm

HorseTraLia?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Pebble Beach Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Pebble Beach Smile

Right on Jason, though Benny did not mentioned the name he already asked the correct question
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:51 pm

Tituman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Pebble Beach Smile

Right on Jason, though Benny did not mentioned the name he already asked the correct question

I had the pleasure of being there a few years back. Got that in the afternoon, had coffee and cake with my wife on the verandah and watched golfers coming in. It was a cool day and the breeze was nice. Then headed off to the beaches nearby to walk around. Memories I shall never forget Smile
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:24 pm

so nice..... paiseh... where is pebble beach?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:31 pm

cristel wrote:
so nice..... paiseh... where is pebble beach?

This is in Monterey Bay in the USA Cris.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Pebble Beach Smile

I had the pleasure of being there a few years back. Got that in the afternoon, had coffee and cake with my wife on the verandah and watched golfers coming in. It was a cool day and the breeze was nice. Then headed off to the beaches nearby to walk around. Memories I shall never forget Smile

Right Jason. Weather that day was awesome, in the low 20s so you can imagine how cool it was despite the bright sun. I could live in this kind of weather for the rest of my life but just a wish only though ha ha. It can never happen. Even though my wife is a non golfer, she falls for the awesome atmosphere there that she promised to come back and stay for a couple of days in the near future. She was very impressed with the classy Club environment comparing it with some of the Clubs in Singapore she visited. Now I got something to look out for in the future ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Tituman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Pebble Beach Smile

Right Jason. Weather that day was awesome, in the low 20s so you can imagine how cool it was despite the bright sun. I could live in this kind of weather for the rest of my life but just a wish only though ha ha. It can never happen. Even though my wife is a non golfer, she falls for the awesome atmosphere there that she promised to come back and stay for a couple of days in the near future. She was very impressed with the classy Club environment comparing it with some of the Clubs in Singapore she visited. Now I got something to look out for in the future ha ha.

Did you visit the souvenir shop? I did, but was astounded by how much everything cost. That said, I would've bought something but this was during my "I'm-not-interested-in-golf" phase.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:57 am

This is one of my favourite shot for the visit. In the background is the signature cypress tree of the Pebble Beach Country Club. They bought the sole right to use the tree for commercial purpose and anyone caught posting the image of the tree for commercial purpose can be liable to be sued by them. This tree is Pebble Beach official Logo.
Guess where is this place ? Dscn7810
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:20 am

Did you stay at the lodge?
If you do golf there, play at Pasatiempo also; very nice and cheaper. albino
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Did you stay at the lodge?
If you do golf there, play at Pasatiempo also; very nice and cheaper. albino

Hi S... no i did not stay as it was just one of our itinerary. However, my wife was so impressed with the ambience of the place that she promised she will come back and stay. I am looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Its a wonderful place. Let me dig up an old photo with myself and my wife playing with the squirrels at 17mile drive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:04 pm

[quote="Technospaz
Did you visit the souvenir shop? I did, but was astounded by how much everything cost. That said, I would've bought something but this was during my "I'm-not-interested-in-golf" phase.[/quote]

Yes I did and bought a couple of items for momentos. My favourite is this bag tag inscribed with my name on the rear.

[img]Guess where is this place ? Dscn7911[/img]

I bought 4 caps, key chains, a sleeve of commemorative golf balls, t-shirts and some smaller items which is around the house now ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 4:43 pm

That's very nice!! I'll be heading back again this October - must remember to pick the bag tag up Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Technospaz wrote:
That's very nice!! I'll be heading back again this October - must remember to pick the bag tag up Smile

Yup its nice to have it hanging on your golf bag... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess where is this place ?   Guess where is this place ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess where is this place ?
Page 1 of 1