Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bridgestone e5 balls

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ngjw89
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

bridgestone e5 balls Empty
PostSubject: bridgestone e5 balls   bridgestone e5 balls I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:41 am

according to their website, it's the only 2 piece urethane ball on the market (haven't come across any others for that matter), has anyone tried it before? i'm wondering what kind of performance this ball has

in a broader discussion does anyone know what the difference between this ball and the multi-layered urethane balls might be?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: bridgestone e5 balls   bridgestone e5 balls I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:27 am

used to play the old version of e5 (with silver box i think). I thought it was kinda neither here nor there.

spins noticeably less than the premium urethane balls, approach shots have roll on the green.

Feel (subjective) is slightly harder than e.g. noodle+

So I thot either go with super cheap low spin/soft ball like Noodle and accept the roll, or pay for premium ball and enjoy the control of one hop after landing.

i decided to buy second hand Pro V1s from Dave. Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: bridgestone e5 balls   bridgestone e5 balls I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:24 am

Consider the e5 a hybrid golf ball. It's either a distance ball gone upmarket or a premium ball reaching out to the masses.

It's on a similar performance and price level as the Titileist NXT Tour. A mid priced performance ball so to speak, with more spin than a distance ball but less than a premium.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: bridgestone e5 balls   bridgestone e5 balls I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 am

Maybe topflite gamer v2 is a better choice as compared to e5?
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: bridgestone e5 balls   bridgestone e5 balls I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 am

Tried the E5 and E 7 prev prefer the E7 to the E5, IMHO the E7 travel further and gave me more control than the E5.Flies straighter I feel.
But have move on to the 330, really great balls gives the proVs a run for the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bridgestone e5 balls   bridgestone e5 balls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bridgestone e5 balls
Page 1 of 1