Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid

Go down 
+11
Tituman
Slicer51
Khorkar
haragolfer
drawbias
eiji
pushslice
simoner
Denmeister
JonL_TK
Lee36328
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 pm

This just arrived yesterday.

Minimal offset, low forgiveness; the challenge is hard to resist.

Anyone else playing this? How do you find it?

I know it will prove to be a handful; looking forward to taming it.

Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:44 am

Am playing it... Easy to use club!!!
Helped me overcome my fear of using Hybrids
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:47 am

JonL_TK wrote:
Am playing it... Easy to use club!!!
Helped me overcome my fear of using Hybrids

Cool, that is good to know. Sorry if u encountered a pbm w the video link earlier; it is fixed now. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:51 am

Oh... didn't watch the video initially!
Just did and found out am using the Super Hybrid instead of the pictured
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 am

Yeah, Adamsgolf has many models, so it's quite confusing. The Pro Black apparently is the most unforgiving, with the least offset.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:32 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Yeah, Adamsgolf has many models, so it's quite confusing. The Pro Black apparently is the most unforgiving, with the least offset.
Bro Lee,
Oxymoron! Aren't hybrids supposed to be replacements for hard to hit long irons???

If it is going to be very unforgiving, why do t u use your 2/3/4 irons instead? I believe that the long irons will give you more accuracy than hybrids or woods for that matter....

Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 am

I guess with a flat sole, it is still easier to hit it rather than 2/3/4 irons. Technically, it should also give a bit more distance. Last but not least, the reduced offset might also give the club more "workability" and also for shot-shaping....

These are just my guess. Could be right, could be wrong. But the clubs look nice.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:27 am

I demo-ed this club in the US, I was hitting very nice 170m draws with the stiff green aldila voodoo shaft measured by Flightscope. It was very easy to hit. The shop must have strong poison.

Then I bought the head here from fellow forumer, put on an attas shaft. Found I couldnt hit it well. Not enough carry, hitting slices etc. Gave up on the club and returned to my brainless TM Rescues. Same swing, better results.

It's still easier to hit than a 3i but better be a good ball striker to hit this club, bro the ssquirel (TSS) could swing my old adams easily. Bcoz he's a grandmaster.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:27 am

Denmeister wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Bro Lee,
Oxymoron! Aren't hybrids supposed to be replacements for hard to hit long irons???

If it is going to be very unforgiving, why do t u use your 2/3/4 irons instead? I believe that the long irons will give you more accuracy than hybrids or woods for that matter....

Bro, I understand, when it looks this good, envy is only natural. He he he.

But seriously, Adams made their name on hybrids. Their hybrids are #1 on the tour; even players not sponsored by Adams use Adams if they have a choice, this particular model being a popular choice. Certainly I am itching to find out why.

Therefore, more than most, Adams made a range of hybrids for different skill levels. The higher the skill, the less forgiveness, and the more the workability.

My previous hybrid, the Burner, was easy to launch. I just didn't know where it would land. Both in terms of length and to a lesser extent width. It did not bend shots well. Straight was typical. I can go 175, 180, 195m with it. I just don't know when.

And this club is in the other end of the spectrum. It will perform, but you need to control it and to work it.

True, it's getting closer to an iron. With an added touch, forgiveness. Enough to make it easier to hit, but not so much that workability is lost. That is the blend I am looking for. Hopefully I found it in this club.

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 am

simoner wrote:
I guess with a flat sole, it is still easier to hit it rather than 2/3/4 irons. Technically, it should also give a bit more distance. Last but not least, the reduced offset might also give the club more "workability" and also for shot-shaping....

These are just my guess. Could be right, could be wrong. But the clubs look nice.

Simoner, you are absolutely right. Spot on.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 am

Adams Golf is the way to go...
Look at their irons!!! Solid set
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

I am using the v3 hybrid. hybrid is good but i suck Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 am

i got a v3 hybrid 4 3 weeks back and reshafted with cross fire ......
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 am

pushslice wrote:
I demo-ed this club in the US, I was hitting very nice 170m draws with the stiff green aldila voodoo shaft measured by Flightscope. It was very easy to hit. The shop must have strong poison.

Then I bought the head here from fellow forumer, put on an attas shaft. Found I couldnt hit it well. Not enough carry, hitting slices etc. Gave up on the club and returned to my brainless TM Rescues. Same swing, better results.

It's still easier to hit than a 3i but better be a good ball striker to hit this club, bro the ssquirel (TSS) could swing my old adams easily. Bcoz he's a grandmaster.

Interesting. I'm guessing the obvious - perhaps the shaft made a difference?

I guess when a head is forgiving, it will work with just about any shaft. When it sits on the other end of the forgiveness/workability spectrum, possibly shaft choice becomes more of a factor. The right combination of stiffness, torque, kickpoint to get the launch parameters just right... Hope I chose the right shaft in this case.

TSS sounds like a very good player. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:34 am

JonL_TK wrote:
Adams Golf is the way to go...
Look at their irons!!! Solid set

Waah... more poison!
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:35 am

eiji wrote:
I am using the v3 hybrid. hybrid is good but i suck Razz

Somehow, I am sure you're just being modest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:36 am

drawbias wrote:
i got a v3 hybrid 4 3 weeks back and reshafted with cross fire ......

I'm interested to know, how are you finding the V3 so far?
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:44 am

love this blacky ........ predictable when gaming this toy ..
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 pm

drawbias wrote:

Another satisfied Adams hybrid user. Glad to hear it's working out for you.

Predictability is certainly important.

Wondering how easy you find it to draw or fade.
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
drawbias

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
drawbias wrote:

Wow bro, i'm still learning how to play golf la .... shaping shots only applicable to the "high hand" bros in this forum. My own definitionly of "predictable" = dispersion w/in the threshold i can manage during play. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:55 pm

drawbias wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
drawbias wrote:

Wow bro, i'm still learning how to play golf la .... shaping shots only applicable to the "high hand" bros in this forum. My own definitionly of "predictable" = dispersion w/in the threshold i can manage during play. Smile

Well bro, straight is also a shot shape, the most playable one in fact.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: When It Says "For Skilled Golfers", What They Mean Is...   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:13 pm

So, took it to Absolut today, and got some readings from the Trackman, my thanks to Duncan.

The Pro Black is seriously NOT easy to hit. Now I know why it comes with a warning sticker "For Skilled Golfers."

Anything less than almost perfect, the ball simply would not take off. It will be shorter than my 8 irons.

So, already, it's taught me some lessons about my swing. So I guess it's fulfilling that part of the function I bought it for.

The shaft I must say, was a revelation. I thought I would find it too heavy and unfriendly, but far from it. I got comfortable with its behaviour after a few swings, and soon forgot it was heavier than my previous hybrid shaft. I like how it kicks at impact as well, stable and predictable.

The club continued to humiliate my swing; I can almost hear it snort "Call that a swing buddy? Ptooi! Try again."

I persisted. It took awhile, but after settling down, the shots started taking off. Carry distance increased. 140m, 150, 160m. I learnt more and more about my swing and how find the pure path that will satisfy this demanding club.

And finally, it all came together. If I can get this consistently on the course, I'd be a happy man.

Here's the Trackman data. Check it out. Carry distance and ball speed on page 1. Swing speed on page 3.

Conclusion

Not as difficult to learn how to hit as I originally thought. But mishits (anything less than almost perfect are mishits according to this club) are punished more severely than I expected. The club will spit out the ball no more than 8 or 7 iron distance.

I need to get really familiar with this club before I can 'fire and forget' with it on the course. But, the signs are looking good. Just takes a LOT of practice.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:06 am

Took it to the range just now, and just could not get the ball to fly.

A pro tried it, with better results, and said that the swing weight, D4, seemed a bit low; he could not feel the head.

i tried his hybrid, a TP version of a TM hybrid, which had a shaft of the same weight, but with a heavier swing weight, D7. The head was similarly small and intimidating. I managed to get the ball airborne with this, which sort of confirms that I need to try a heavier swing weight.

It goes back to the custom shop tomorrow to add the swing weight.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:11 am

what loft you playing for the pro black? i paly a 23 degree and i love it. aldila proto by you shaft stiff.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 am

haragolfer wrote:
what loft you playing for the pro black? i paly a 23 degree and i love it. aldila proto by you shaft stiff.

Great to hear another player gaming this club.

I've got the 18* loft.

Proto By You stiff? I'm guessing the weight is 84g, with torque 2.0 right? Wow, that's really low torque. What swing weight do you get with that?

I'm using the GD DI 85 Stiff for hybrid, 2.4 torque, 88 g. Right now without any weight added and without trimming the shaft, it's D4. I'm guessing your 84g shaft would have given me a higher swing weight as well.

Ah, well. Will either be putting in a lighter grip, or adding some weight to the head. Might also cut the butt by a bit less than 1/2 inch. Seems a touch too long at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid   Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adams Idea Pro Black Hybrid
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next