Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True or Not: Obese Ohio man found fused to chair

Go down 
AuthorMessage
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

True or Not: Obese Ohio man found fused to chair Empty
PostSubject: True or Not: Obese Ohio man found fused to chair   True or Not: Obese Ohio man found fused to chair I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:11 am

I find this hard to believe. 2 years is a long time to be stuck to a chair.......Shocked

Article found here: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/World/Story/STIStory_650976.html

CHICAGO - AN OBESE Ohio man had to be cut from a chair he had been sitting in for two years after his body became fused to it, local media reported.

Police told WTRF news that the man's skin had become fused to the seat of the chair, which was covered in urine, feces and maggots.

The man's girlfriend brought him food for two years as he sat in his own waste in the filthy apartment they shared with another man, police said. They called for help on Sunday morning when he was unresponsive and had to cut a hole in the house to get him out of the building so they could get him to the hospital.

The smell was unbearable and one officer told the station that he threw away his uniform after it was sullied while cutting the man out of the chair. The man was taken to the hospital for treatment.

'The living room where the man lived in his chair was very filthy, very deplorable. It's unbelievable that somebody lives in conditions like that,' said Jim Chase, a city code enforcer in Bellaire, Ohio.

'I instructed the landlord this morning and the two people, the tenants at the house, they had to get it cleaned, there's no way they can live in something like that, and so they are working on it,' he told WTRF on Monday.
Back to top Go down

True or Not: Obese Ohio man found fused to chair
Page 1 of 1