Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first post

Go down 
+5
Lee36328
pushslice
wilkang
Gray
UberGold
9 posters
AuthorMessage
UberGold
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
UberGold

My first post Empty
PostSubject: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi all, I am 30, first tried my hand but ended up digging up big patches of land when I was 17 and gave up golf ever since.

Since last year, I have decided to really learn to play and signed up for a course in Bishan with Jason last year.
I have been at the range on and off for a year now, and occasionally play on the par 3 courses if I can find someone.
Would really love to improve my game because it feels GREAT when I play a good shot! Happy to find this forum where I can meet fabulously like-minded people to play with so that I don't slack away and disappear from the game just because my other friends who golf are inconsistent with their commitment.

Nice to meet you all here and hope to see you on the green someday! (With a lot of practice on my part!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:15 pm

first of many posts. haha
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Welcome to GR ubergold...Enjoy your stay with us.

Join us on our weekly range sessions every wednesdays at MBGC, from 8pm till late.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:18 pm

welcome!

join our bi weekly Par 3 game / gathering at NSRCC. Meet and play with fellow beginners and more seasoned players in a friendly environment.

look for the thread (by bro Wilkang) on local games section

cheers....
Back to top Go down
UberGold
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
UberGold

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! Appreciate it.

I would love to play and improve, for sure!

wilkang, the range sessions, anyone can just come?

pushslice, when are the games held usually?
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Of cos anyone can come Smile
Infact there's one tonight.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:26 pm

Saturdays 3-4 pm ish
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:31 pm

UberGold wrote:
Hi all, I am 30, first tried my hand but ended up digging up big patches of land when I was 17 and gave up golf ever since.

Since last year, I have decided to really learn to play and signed up for a course in Bishan with Jason last year.
I have been at the range on and off for a year now, and occasionally play on the par 3 courses if I can find someone.
Would really love to improve my game because it feels GREAT when I play a good shot! Happy to find this forum where I can meet fabulously like-minded people to play with so that I don't slack away and disappear from the game just because my other friends who golf are inconsistent with their commitment.

Nice to meet you all here and hope to see you on the green someday! (With a lot of practice on my part!) Very Happy

Ubergolf, welcome to this fantastic, fascinating, frustrating obsession. Discovering the joys it has to offer is never too soon and never too late.

Very good to hear you are taking lessons; this is an important part. Most people give up in futile indifference because their game does not go anywhere when they tinker on their own. Not all of us can be Bubba Watson's.

If you intend to be very very serious about it, get a custom set.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Hope to see you tonight!
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
zincman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 am

hi bro ubergold, welcome aboard. I also very new to golf and after joining the forum, really read alot and fellow bros are very helpful and encouraging. Now i also pcatising hard and hope to go to the green with fellows bros here. Welcome
Back to top Go down
Casey KC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:59 am

golf is challenging game but v addictive. ubergold, I hope u hv a coach to teach u bcos if u trial & error and develp some bad habits, they r hard to correct. practising at the range is gd but u muz oso play on the course. mandai executive course is a gd start. enjoy golfing. i'm new to the game oso, only 1.5 yrs but v addicted.
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:46 pm

pushslice wrote:
welcome!

join our bi weekly Par 3 game / gathering at NSRCC. Meet and play with fellow beginners and more seasoned players in a friendly environment.

look for the thread (by bro Wilkang) on local games section

cheers....

Hi PS; I have no PC and not got my HC yet, still on course...I am a member with NSRCC, can I join you guys? when does this usually happen?

Please excuse my ignorance..what do you mean by Par 3 game?
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:01 pm

sorry when I meant "still on course" means I am still under my coach correcting my swings on my 7
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Ace...taking lessons from Phil Brew academy?
NSRCC changi has a Par 3 executive course and we usually have a gathering every saturday from 3pm onwards.
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:12 pm

WK,

No, im not. I am at Mandai...under a coach there.

Back to the Par 3 executive course. Would I be able to play there? Any pre-requisites?
Back to top Go down
UberGold
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
UberGold

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi bros on this forum! Thanks so much for all the inputs. This forum is great for golf in Singapore!!!!!!! Should have found it sooner! So much sharing and encouragement.

I definitely want to play better and more serious. That's for sure. I intend to become proficient in the game.

Sorry I wasn't able to be at Marina last night as I was out. If you guys are on every Wednesday, who can I contact when I am there? From 8PM yes?
My skills may not be good enough to compare with you guys, but I will be very happy to practice alongside you guys to gain some experience and exposure myself. Would be great!

Regarding the Saturday games in NSRCC, I would be keen as well. 3Pm-ish yes?

Who can I contact? How do we arrange?

Much appreciated! You guys are great and happy to meet you all here in theory and out there in practice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:21 pm

We are normally on the rooftop at mbgc and if otherwise, we normally will post the bay number we are at on Wednesdays.

For the nsrcc games, look for bro wilkang as he is the main organizer. We are normally the most rowdy group and it is not hard to find us. Many new comers has successfully located us and believe me, it ain't that difficult
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Acemangill wrote:
WK,

No, im not. I am at Mandai...under a coach there.

Back to the Par 3 executive course. Would I be able to play there? Any pre-requisites?

Just take a swing test at NSRCC range and we will issue you a PC which is valid for 6 months, only for usage at the Par 3 course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Casey KC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 pm

anyone with a valid PC can play at the public executive courses - Mandai, Jurong or NSRCC. Get out there; it's so different from hitting balls on the range.
Back to top Go down
UberGold
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
UberGold

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:10 am

Looking forward to see you all (sooner or later)! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Casey KC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:55 pm

You will not be disappointed. Enjoy the game, Ubergold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first post
Page 1 of 1