Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello Newbie reporting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
myeow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Hello Newbie reporting Empty
PostSubject: Hello Newbie reporting   Hello Newbie reporting I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi everyone, have been following the forum since toons day. Great source of information and some nice people here.
Got intro to the game some 3-4 years back and has been a range rat and seldom go to course except occasional Mandai 9 holes.
After much procrastination, finally invested in golf lesson with a Pro. Its either that or buying a new Mizuno Iron set (eyeing MP58 or MP53). I am sure it is the right decision now as I will not be able to go too far with my own swing.
The first lesson already change some swing thoughts and hopefully with more practice, I can grove the correct swing in time and enjoy the game more.
Hope can join the guys here for games when my game is up to standard. Have a good Sunday.
Back to top Go down
zincman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Newbie reporting   Hello Newbie reporting I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 5:21 pm

hi bro, i also just completed my course.I believe you will be a better player after your course,I also change my clubs to MP52.Now still practicing Smile
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kevinhwc

PostSubject: Re: Hello Newbie reporting   Hello Newbie reporting I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi bro

I'm new here too... Went for first lesson yesterday... And now thinking to get new club or not... My existing wilson set given by friend is heavy... Tot of getting a set with graphite shaft...
Back to top Go down
myeow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Newbie reporting   Hello Newbie reporting I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:47 pm

HI Zincman, thanks for the encouragement. I have been playing for a while now and has been changing my swing quite a bit through the 3 years. From stiff arms to more relex swing, 9 oclock check point, K stance with pivot on left feet etc.. etc.. haha after 1st lesson, have to start over again as my swing is not going to get me far. Look forward to lesson 2 now.
Where did you get MP52? Was at Golf House but did not see MP52.
Now I am thinking if I change Iron later, will have to make small adjustment to the new iron again. Why not buy now while taking lesson and Coach can guide me alaon with the new iron? Back side itchy excuse I think.....
I am using Taylormade Tour Burner Graphite shaft R flex.
Back to top Go down
myeow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Newbie reporting   Hello Newbie reporting I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi bro Kevinhwc, IMO, I think you should go for your own club... sorry to poison you.... I am assuming you just started the game not too long. I recommend you get a set now which can last you around 1-2 years with the intention to upgrade later to a more player type club if you continue to play this game frequently. As long as you don't go for the latest model, a very good set can still be had for a very good price especially during sales. Eg. the $399 X20 Callaway is a very good buy.... but Steel shaft I think. Good luck to you and hope you go far and enjoy the game and company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Newbie reporting   Hello Newbie reporting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Newbie reporting
Page 1 of 1