Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laws of Golf

Go down 
+3
tronos
asahi
jurongtiger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:12 pm

LAW 1:
No matter how bad your last shot was, you should have Inner peace knowing that a worse
one is yet to come. (This law does not expire on the 18th hole, since it has the supernatural
tendency to extend over the course of a tournament, a summer and, eventually, a lifetime.)

LAW 2:
Your best round of golf will be followed almost immediately by your worst round ever. The
probability of the latter increases with the number of people you tell about the former.

LAW 3:
Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. (Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact
that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water. Expensive clubs have
been known to be partly made with this most unusual natural alloy.)

LAW 4:
You can put "draw" on the ball, you can put "fade" on the ball, but no golfer can put "straight"
on the ball.

LAW 5:
No matter what causes a golfer to muff a shot, all His playing partners must solemnly chant "You
looked up," or invoke the wrath of the universe..

LAW 6:
The higher a golfer's handicap, the more qualified he deems himself as an instructor. (especially at the range in MBGC)

LAW 7:
Every par-three hole in the world has a secret desire to humiliate golfers. The shorter the hole,
the greater its desire.

LAW 8:
The last three holes of a round will automatically adjust your score to what it really should be.

LAW 9:
You can hit a 2-acre fairway 10% of the time, and a 2-inch branch 90% of the time.

And the last law.

LAW 10:
Every Time a golfer makes a birdie, he must subsequently make two double bogeys to restore
the fundamental equilibrium of the Universe.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Good one! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:46 pm

"LAW 10:
Every Time a golfer makes a birdie, he must subsequently make two double bogeys to restore
the fundamental equilibrium of the Universe."

but when i make two double bogeys in a row, i dont get my birdie in the next hole.....there is no balance in the universe!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:56 pm

wahahaha. The world is not fair
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:03 pm

"Trees are 90% air"

The 10% that is there is more than sufficient to block 90% of my shots
Back to top Go down
Breadman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:05 pm

jurongtiger wrote:

LAW 3:
Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. (Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact
that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water. Expensive clubs have
been known to be partly made with this most unusual natural alloy.)

This 10 Laws is really funny. I like Law 3 the most. In fact, sometimes i use old balls and they are still water-magnet. Now i know why liao.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:37 pm

I love the 10 laws. Made me laugh out loud.

Law 1 is the funniest. Buddhists will understand.

Law 2 happens to me almost without fail.

Another 'law' here.

A friend said a pro solemnly told him that gravity is magnified by water. So, as a ball flies over a pond, it is more likely fall into it, compared with flying over land.

After he repeated this several times, I had to ask. "Does the guy have a degree in Physics?"

"No."

"That would explain it."

i never heard that 'law' again.

Back to top Go down
dennischia
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 1:59 pm

lol @ law 5...that is so true !!

Genuis!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Laws of Golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laws of Golf   Laws of Golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laws of Golf
Page 1 of 1