Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.

Go down 
+5
sunny
daveaha
Duval_S
mizzy
Golfrabidus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Golfrabidus
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. Empty
PostSubject: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi everyone - great forum to discuss our passion and addiction.
Love to hear from all of you on equipment, adventures, frustrations etc...
Thought I give a quick synopsis of my golfing adventure so far...

First Singapore golf course played – 9 Holes at Royal Tanglin, Singapore.
First Malaysian golf course played – Austin Hills, Johore.
First Batam golf course played – Palm Springs.
Longest Drive – 340 meters. Hit lamppost once and bounced off cart pavement twice.
Shortest Drive – 10 meters. Topped ball before the yellow senior tees. Had to buy bottle of whisky.
Best Golf shot – Sank a 70 meters, 3 meters high bunker shot for birdie and the game.
Worst Golf Shot – Duck-hooked a 7 iron which hit my playing partner in the butt. Left a six-inch wide bruise.
Most golf balls lost in one round – 10
Most golf balls gained in one round – 8 balls picked from the water hazard with a trusty ball picker.
Luckiest Golf Shot – Hole-in-One in La Costa, North Course (Hole 3 – 161 yards).
Record number of golf holes played non-stop -45 holes.
Hit by golf balls – Two times.
Worst golf injury – Sprained wrist – out for 2 months.
Shortest ownership of golf club/set – Taylormade R9- SuperTri Driver. All of two weeks
Longest ownership of golf club/set – Taylormade Monza Spider putter. Four years and counting.
Lowest Golf Score – 77 off the Blues at Tanjong (Sentosa Golf Club)
Highest Golf Score – 105 off the Blues at Air Force (Safra Country Club)
Most Expensive Golf Club – 5 Year Term membership at Safra Resort – played a total of 13 golf games in the five years.
Best Golf Holiday – Own version of West Coast Swing in the US – played Silverado in Napa Valley all the way south to Torrey Pines in San Diego. Fantastic.

So there you have it...hope to see you guys soon.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 pm

welcome bro..

you must have a golf log or something.. cos i sure don't remember 99% of the stuff you wrote about myself even!

enjoy your stay!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:36 pm

welcome....bro.

you definitely not newbie....coz already patronize the land of PGA.....

do join us for range and games.

I am a Seasoned beginner

....just me ' D ' (SB)
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Welcome bro.

I really enjoyed to read your goblog/golf blog - those who understand Bahasa - shutup.

Really nicely done, and I laughed !

Enjoy your stay here...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Welcome here. Interesting stories
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Welcome Welcome!!!
Enjoy your stay with us...nice golf blog..
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Golfrabidus Welcome to GR.

Cheers Jump

Very interesting introduction. Like mizzy said....either you have a golf log book or your memory is like an elephant.

Do join us in our games and maybe hear more of your interesting golf stories.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 pm

welcome bro..your intro is very original, we like!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Welcome, I also hope to meet and exchange wallet Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.   Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newcomer to the Forum - Hope to meet and exchange stories with all of you.
Page 1 of 1