Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Medina - What are words

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

Chris Medina - What are words Empty
PostSubject: Chris Medina - What are words   Chris Medina - What are words I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 am

Really enjoyed this song .. and the lyrics are so meaningful

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Chris Medina - What are words   Chris Medina - What are words I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 am

his story is even more touching. so that u understand the meaning behind this song for him

His gf has brain damage, and he is the main caretaker for her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Chris Medina - What are words   Chris Medina - What are words I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 am

was really rooting for him but was a bit shocked (ok not really, its more realistic than a 'till death do us part' type of dedication). He was trying to be positive but it sounded like he is giving himself a get out of jail ticket. (see the portion of interview below).

Dont know how he will handle it then XMMs start throwing themselves at him?

Interview:

"THR: Do you still plan to get married?

Medina: I sure hope so, that's the goal. I've already told myself that it's okay that she's in a wheelchair. It doesn't mean anything to me. It's okay if she has a hard time speaking. What's not okay is if in a couple years, she’s not 100% and we can’t could have a conversation with each other, because that's the essence of a relationship. I don't mind helping her into her car, but I don't want to be feeding her or taking her to the bathroom everyday from this day forward. I want her to become somewhat independent. Those are more my own personal issues, and I know that it might be rough for a lot of people to hear, but that's the truth of the matter. To me, Juliana is still beautiful, but I want to be able to sit down and have a meaningful conversation with my wife… I want to get to a point where I feel less like a caretaker and more like a fiancé. But to say, "We're not going to get married until you get better" is unfair to her, too. So the only thing I say is: "Babe, if you keep trying, I'll keep trying." And that's the truth. "
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Chris Medina - What are words   Chris Medina - What are words I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Medina - What are words   Chris Medina - What are words I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Medina - What are words
Page 1 of 1