Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?

Go down 
+2
eiji
drizz0
6 posters
AuthorMessage
drizz0
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? Empty
PostSubject: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:09 pm

i am currently in the market for a 3 hybrid. i have just bought from a friend an old adams idea pro 4 hybrid which i absolutely love( awesome club)... i am currently looking at adams idea tech v3 and the black super for my 3 hybrid... the v3 is gold on golf digest rating while the black super is silver... i have take that into account... they both cost the same... just wondering if anyone has tried them both and what are your reviews on each?

thanx in advance...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 pm

both good, so u going to buy both?

edit: not being sarcastic, i have hit both, own the V3, but hit Jon's Super Hybrid, both are good.

honestly i can't tell the difference, both look similar at address.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 pm

I would say that the V3 is easier to hit with higher trajectory.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:05 pm

search google wrx site

some1 post
"Our Adams rep says the V3 is more forgiving, even though the head is a touch smaller. It's built on the same chassis as the Super Black, but it's weighted a bit differently and curved at the bottom in order to accomodate a steep or sweeped swing. It sits a little lower to the ground, and both of those makes it easier to launch"

was think of buying the peanut to fill in the gap from 6 iron onwards
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:32 pm

eeeerrrmmmm....Using the Golf digest as a guide is good. It helps you to narrow the search. However, I personally feel that you cannot only base your buying decision on what you read inside.

Try to get your hands on it and give it a few whacks. Also don't limit yourself to just one brand. try others. You might never know what you discover

Perfect example is me. Many swear by the Ping G15 driver, but I just can't hit the damm thing.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:24 am

btw 'they both cost the same' , read between the lines, meaning you can got lobang to get it cheap?

saw the superhybrid at GH, so exp.

Was thinking of getting a 15 degree Superhybird as well instead of a 3w or 4w.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:54 am

I am playing a 15* Super Hybrid but I was lucky enough to get one with .335 tip. Put a wood shaft in it and it does play like a 3 wood. Hit it as long, too.

Thinking of getting a BFG 8 or Proto-K 80 to replace my current Ozik...
Back to top Go down
drizz0
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:43 am

eiji wrote:
both good, so u going to buy both?

edit: not being sarcastic, i have hit both, own the V3, but hit Jon's Super Hybrid, both are good.

honestly i can't tell the difference, both look similar at address.

get both? heheh... i wish i can(as i am such an equipment slut), but i know i shldnt hehe...

Bro winston: i know i shldnt totally rely only on golf digest's equipment review but it helps to narrow things down tho... but i have tried some adams hybrids they are easy clubs to hit.... I too i have the G15 4 hybrid(silver on golf digest 2 years in a row). i cant hit it consistently...
Sad

thanx all for the response
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
grooveballer

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:02 pm

hi guys

any idea on what the local prices are for the v3 and super hybrid? i'm assuming that only golfhosue stocks them, right?

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?   adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

adams idea tech v3 or adams idea black super?
Page 1 of 1