Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

congrats Cavin Soh

Go down 
+10
BirdieBoy
shamusan
asahi
DGman
missmoon
sunny
watermyforrest
Master
eiji
guybrush
14 posters
AuthorMessage
guybrush
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:54 pm

saw this in CNA...
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainmentfeatures/view/1116610/1/.html

saw him during GR anniversary game so i hope he is GR member too..so congrats Smile

SINGAPORE: Singapore actor Cavin Soh became the proud father of a healthy 3.29 kilogram baby boy last week, when his wife gave birth on Wednesday to their first child Kayden at Glenagles Hospital.

"My first reaction (when Kayden was born) was 'Wow, Oh My God! This is my son and I am a father!'" said Soh on Monday in an e-mail interview with channelnewsasia.com.

The former lead singer of Singapore band Dreamz FM revealed that he actually didn't think Kayden would arrive so quickly when his wife told him she was in pain on Wednesday morning.

In fact, the actor, who is known for his role as the lovable Wu Youli in "Your Hand In Mine", even told his unborn child to wait, so he could go play golf.

"I woke up in the morning to get ready for work. My wife came to me and said she was having contractions. I looked at her and she didn't have 'the contraction face'," said Soh.

"So, I went to her tummy and told our son, Kayden, 'Boy, daddy is going to work now and will be playing golf after that. Wait inside mummy till tonight ok?'

"At that instant, my wife turned to me and said softly: 'I'm bleeding'. [At first] I couldn't relate bleeding to delivery."

"Only when she told me 'Ok, you go play golf and I'll see you at the hospital after your game', did I realise that she wasn't joking," said the happy father, who described Kayden as having small eyes like him and a nose that resembled his mother's.

Sole breadwinner

Unfortunately for Soh, he will have little time to spend with his wife and newborn son because he is currently in the middle of shooting his upcoming Mandarin drama "The In-Laws".

He had earlier revealed that his wife, who is currently in between jobs, will be a full-time mother for the time being, while his mother-in-law will return from the US to help care for the child.

Although Soh will be the family's sole breadwinner for now, he is taking it all in his stride.

"So far we are coping well. My wife and I are making little sacrifices along the way. Moreover, being a sole breadwinner is just for the time being.

"My wife will start work when Kayden is slightly older and we [will] find someone to take care of him when we are working," he explained.

When asked if he planned to have more children, the actor, who won Best Supporting Actor at the 2005 Star Awards for his role in the drama serial "A Portrait of Home", expressed that his wife will have the final say on the matter.

"Maybe one more to accompany Kayden. But it all depends on my wife as she is the one going through all the hardship," said Soh.

-CNA/ha
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:59 pm

congrats Cavin!

Hope you still can find time for golf!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 pm

next time he wont join the GR anniversary game already... its time to join the www.parents.com.sg anniversary gathering...
aahhaha
ROFL
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Congratulations, Cavin!!!
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Congrats birdieboy and birdiegirl!
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 pm

congrats to mr. and mrs. soh....
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 pm

the weekend before husband and wife was in the Den to fix a wedge as well as collect his BFG bag...he told me that he was going to play golf on wednesday or something. so it appears he never made it to NSRCC.

and the blur Ms Lee ask me who he is and that he looked familiar.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Congrats Cavin! cheers
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 pm

congrats Calvin!!!
Back to top Go down
BirdieBoy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BirdieBoy

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:30 am

Thank you guys. Very Happy yup, definitely feels good to be a father!

you are right DGman.. it was that wednesday.. but, i had a game a week after and that wedge is bloody HOT!!! causing ballspin mark on most of the green!! ABS ah!! fyi, Mr Chris Lee shld pay u a visit very soon for the same wedge.. I'll find time to come down for my 3 wood and 56 wedge.

is Ms Lee the "hardworking" lady?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:22 am

Err Ms Lee is the hardworking 'lady'
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
BirdieBoy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BirdieBoy

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:16 am

ah!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tendygolf
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
tendygolf

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi Cavin,

Congratulations on the arrival of your baby son! Very Happy

If I am still coaching when your boy grows bigger, I will offer a basic comprehensive golf package for him as a gift! So he qucikly grow up and I will make him a good golfer and can enjoy playing golf with you.

Enjoy fatherhood.

Congrats again!
Tendy
Back to top Go down
http://tendygolf.com
alvinlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Congratulations! still awaiting my first reaction as well =)
btw thats a big healthy baby you got there. nice.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Cavin,
Congratulations !

Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Congrats Cavin...

We were classmates in Mrs Wong BB class but never spoke...

My boy was delivered in Feb earlier this year though.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Calvin...hardworking lady is Jia Li..the one who love to work.

Ms Lee is the slightly paunchy golfer (male) with the monster swing.

the wedge is almost guarantee to shred balls and sometimes create the most amazing back spin.

DGman
Back to top Go down
BirdieBoy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BirdieBoy

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Thank you Tendy. Smile Aiyo, include the whole package better ma.. break 100, break 90, break 80 will be marvellous. hahaha:)

Thank you guys. Sleepless nites begins now...
Back to top Go down
BirdieBoy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BirdieBoy

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:56 pm

DGman

Ah!! JiaLi.
Ah.. Ms Lee drives a LEXUS300??

Not many balls can take the impact from that wedge man.. at present, it's only PRO-V.

Back to top Go down
BirdieBoy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BirdieBoy

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Piero,

congrats to you too!! Smile

sleepless nights rite??????? wa say... siong ah..
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Yo BirdieBoy,

are you game for a challenge...you can call you know who and with Tendy we can form a flight...

NSRCC or Laguna is fine.

DGman
Back to top Go down
BirdieBoy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
BirdieBoy

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 pm

sure thing DGman. which day is usually good for you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

congrats Cavin Soh Empty
PostSubject: Re: congrats Cavin Soh   congrats Cavin Soh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

congrats Cavin Soh
Page 1 of 1