Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helping the Japanese through Golf

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ringrain_78
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Helping the Japanese through Golf Empty
PostSubject: Helping the Japanese through Golf   Helping the Japanese through Golf I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:58 pm

I was just having lunch with my ex-colleagues and business associates just now. We have a game on the 3rd week of March and one of them had suggested that we will substitute all monetary bets and beer/food bets to donations to the Red Cross. We had all agreed to this and hopefully, this small amount will go towards rebuilding the lives of those affected.

Maybe for those playing golf this week, next or the near future, you can consider donating your winnings, have 1 less beer or less dozens of chicken wings.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Helping the Japanese through Golf   Helping the Japanese through Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:07 am

Many ways we golfers can donate to help Japan.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/how-you-can-help-japan.html

Quote :
Here’s how you can help them now.

Mercy Relief:
The organisation is accepting donations to procure relief supplies. It has deployed a two-man preliminary disaster response team to Japan to ascertain ground needs and procure relief supplies. The MR team will help distribute supplies with UN agencies. It will also collaborate with local non-governmental organisations to support their relief efforts. With an initial tranche of USD $20,000 provided by SAP Asia Pacific Japan, the team will help address the pressing needs for food, water and quilts.

For cheque donations, please make the cheque payable to Mercy Relief Limited and send it to the Mercy Relief office at Blk 160 Lorong 1 Toa Payoh #01-1568 Singapore 310160. On the back of the cheque, indicate ‘Japan Quake and Tsunami Relief’’.
Cash donations can also be made at the Mercy Relief office. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9am - 7pm.

For ATM transfers/internet banking, Mercy Relief’s DBS Current Account is 054-900493-6
Credit card donations can be made via eNets at www.mercyrelief.org

Singapore Red Cross:
The organisation has started a hotline (6334-9152 / 6334-9153 / 6334-9154) to help those in Singapore get in touch with relatives in Japan. The SRC will take down details of the missing person and forward the information on to its sister national society, the Japanese Red Cross Society and the International Committee of Red Cross. It is also working with the Japanese Association to raise funds.

For cheque donations, please make the cheque payable to Singapore Red Cross and mail to the SRC office at Red Cross House, 15 Penang Lane Singapore 238486. On the back of the cheque, indicate ‘Japan disaster 2011′, name of donor/organisation, contact numbers and address.

Cash donations can also be made at the SRC office during office hours, Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 9 pm, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays, 9.30 am - 6pm.
The public can also SMS “Red Cross” to 75772. Each message will cost $50. The SRC is also working with banks like DBS, OCBC and UOB, to allow donations through ATMs and the Internet.

World Vision Singapore:
A World Vision assessment team has arrived in the quake zone to assess the needs of the survivors and prepare supplies and programmes for the homeless. The team brought baby supplies, warm clothing, food and daily necessities for distribution.

World Vision also plans to establish child-friendly spaces so children affected by the disasters can resume normal childhood activities and experience structure and security.

For cheque donations, please make the cheque payable to World Vision International and mail to the World Vision office at 750B Chai Chee Road, #03-02, Technopark @ Chai Chee, Singapore 469002. On the back of the cheque, indicate ‘Japan disaster’.

Cash donations can also be made at the World Vision office. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm. You can donate online at http://www.worldvision.org.sg/japandisaster/
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Helping the Japanese through Golf   Helping the Japanese through Golf I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:59 pm

I donated at the Takashiyama at Ngee Ann City. There was a small collection box in front of the question booth at the main entrance.

Figured it was the least I could do as every little bit will help out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helping the Japanese through Golf   Helping the Japanese through Golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helping the Japanese through Golf
Page 1 of 1