Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best sunblock lotion?

Go down 
+7
samT
weesern
Ssquirrel
wilier izoard
shamusan
navik
ron81
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

Best sunblock lotion? Empty
PostSubject: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 pm

From the title, who's using one that's effective against the sun and most important will not let you feel uncomfortable like sticky or oily.. Pls recommend..
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:52 am

I'm using this, recommended by the bros on this forum:

http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Anthelios/Anthelios-XL-SPF-50-Velvety-Lotion-p3919.aspx

I'm allergic to most sunblock, but thankfully this works fine without causing any rashes and is non-sticky either

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:28 am

i'm using either the Chanel or the biotherm homme sunblock... both spf 50 they are the best i've tried so far...
Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 am

navik wrote:
I'm using this, recommended by the bros on this forum:

http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Anthelios/Anthelios-XL-SPF-50-Velvety-Lotion-p3919.aspx

I'm allergic to most sunblock, but thankfully this works fine without causing any rashes and is non-sticky either

Bro may I know where to get them and cost ? Thanks
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 am

Most of the major Watsons, Guardian and Unity outlet sells it. I got mine during the Guardian 20% storewide offer at Suntec, works out to be round 30++. Some of the outlets have 5ml samples which you can request (depends on the store assistants, some just ask you to use the testers on the shelf).

Another slightly cheaper brand you can try is the Avene sunblock, John Little and Robinsons sell it too, so if there a major sale like the recent one at JL, its actually very cheap.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:50 am

I use Anthelios too, the fluid one for the face. It's a non-greasy fluid and doesn't feel sticky.

http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Anthelios/Anthelios-XL-SPF-50-Extreme-Fluid-p3913.aspx
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:33 pm

can try Cetaphil, quite good
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 pm

I switched to La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL (SPF 50) recently. Cheap and good. Even got free membership to accumulate points to get free gifts. Would also recommend their thermal spring water.
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:04 pm

wah didn't know got membership somemore, can share share how to join?
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Maybe the sales did not mention it to you. All you need to do is fill up a form and contact details. So next time when you make a purchase, they add up the amount. I think when you reached $200, you get claim some free gifts. I gave my purchase to my colleague who claim some sunblock lotion etc. The La Roche counter I went is the one at Vivo City (the guardian opp Cedele). The La Roche auntie is quite nice.
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Seems that La Roche is quite popular here, okie, I will get one and try it out.. Thanks bros!!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Ron81,

You might also like to try the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock. Comes in various SPFs, the higher the number the more expensive. SPF 50 costs $19.90 the last time I bought it, but I discovered it is cheaper at JB pharmacies. I too was looking for something non-greasy especially when I start to sweat in the sun. Discovered this by chance after stumbling upon a review at a ladies blog. If a lady has no allergic reaction, then us men with thicker skin should have no problem right?

It's a thick cream that dries in seconds after rubbing in to very slight powdery feel. Apply too much and it leaves a white residue, just have to rub a little more to be rid of it. And it also re-surfaces as a white residue when you sweat if you don't rub it in well or over apply too much. For me, a four inch strip is enough to cover one whole arm that doesn't leave me sun burned after a round or have any white residue appearing when I start to sweat.

I've included two links to help you decide further. The first is a blog review, and the second are user reviews. The first of the user reviews is of a woman who bought the sunblock for her husaband.

http://addictedtoblush.blogspot.com/2010/04/neutrogena-ultra-sheer-dry-touch.html

http://www.reviewstream.com/reviews/?p=69443
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 pm

Just to add on, I've also tried the clear alcohol based spray ones. They're also non-greasy but the downsides are that they sting if applied to broken skin, leaves the skin feeling tight and dry, and protects for 9 holes at the most, leaving me burnt at the end 18 holes if I didn't re-apply.

I was quite happy with the alcohol based spray one until I discovered the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch and switched. Love that it's inexpensive too, just did a quick calculation, Singapore S$19.90, JB S$15.65 (RM$36.80). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
claderman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 am

i am cool with any sun lotion
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah Birdman recommended Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock to me a while back and it's good.

I a bit kiasu so I bought the SPF70 bounce

Try it!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 pm

i think with the calamity in Jepun, we need anti-radiation block lotion.

any recommendation?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Duval_S wrote:
i think with the calamity in Jepun, we need anti-radiation block lotion.

any recommendation?

Liquid Lead. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Best sunblock lotion?   Best sunblock lotion? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 am

chemicalpro wrote:
Yeah Birdman recommended Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock to me a while back and it's good.

I a bit kiasu so I bought the SPF70 bounce

Bro, interesting table about SPF, you pay much more, but you don't get more protection.

SPF rating - % of UVB light blocked
(measures UVB)
2 - 50.00%
4 - 75.00%
10 - 90.00%
30 - 96.67%
50 - 98.00%
70 - 98.57%
100 - 99.00%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content