Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

me trying to work the ball

Go down 
+16
4dtoto
jimmychoo
chemicalpro
Botak88
botak
S70B
Slicer51
simoner
tronos
Birdman
Winston
eiji
asahi
pushslice
hoppie
ironhead
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ironhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:38 am

hi guys,

as per the title, now working the ball with a putter (for fun)
me being silly again. Wink Laughing Laughing

fun as it shall be but I occasionally use this method to check the club face on impact, on this clip, it shows the face is marginally opened. Back to the drawing board....x%$@%

Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:03 am

4dtoto wrote:
Bro JC, heard you are hitting the 5 wood extremely well leh...

Bro 4d, now then I realize technology does help in a fairway wood bounce
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:45 am

Slicer51 wrote:
IronHead,

It is good to see you here. I am sure you will like this forum as they were many good and nice players here ... Now, I guess I do not need to go to both forum to talk to you.

Once again, my mouth open (not close) when I saw the shapes shoots that you can do .. Did you show this to bro Lee .. I am sure it will kill him and he will be camping in the driving ranges and try to shape his driver like you ... You are bad, bro .. Very Happy lol!

Sorry, I dun understand. Why wud it kill me to see IH shape his shots? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ideally, we should all be able to hit each of the nine windows the way IH is doing.

Can't always try to clear the treetops of a dogleg par 4 or 5.

And at the rate I am landing in the rough, under trees, low draws and high fades are sure coming in handy.

Nice job IH. Now I know where you guys have gone to. cheers
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Lee36328 wrote:

Sorry, I dun understand. Why wud it kill me to see IH shape his shots? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ideally, we should all be able to hit each of the nine windows the way IH is doing.

Can't always try to clear the treetops of a dogleg par 4 or 5.

And at the rate I am landing in the rough, under trees, low draws and high fades are sure coming in handy.

Nice job IH. Now I know where you guys have gone to. cheers

Hahaha .. I post reply to IH above was to get your attention, to ensure you start posting in the forum .. and I did it. Bro.

Of course, you can hit each of the nine window like IH did. I have no doubt about it after we played the last time.

As for me .. I cannot even hit my ball staight consistanly. What high fade or low draw ? If I to hit those. It is just a mistake and I do not know how I did it not to mention to repeat them intentionally ..

lol! Beer
Back to top Go down
Antgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Wah chim! May I ask why do we need to punch, fade or draw the ball on the course. Really eager to learn what are all these. Any links? Sorry, beginner here.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Bro IH,

I did not started this. You are the one started to shaped your ball here and there. Would you care enough to answer to our bro Antgolfer questions ? bounce lol!
Back to top Go down
Antgolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:07 pm

No worries, if it's too in-depth to explain. But this really shows experience. The ability to hit the ball and get the ball to behave the way you want it to. Really pro!
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Antgolfer wrote:
Wah chim! May I ask why do we need to punch, fade or draw the ball on the course. Really eager to learn what are all these. Any links? Sorry, beginner here.

to simplify it, same as playing badminton you need to know how to smash, drop shot, lob, drive, etc. different conditions call for different shots
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Antgolfer wrote:

Just do a google for the terms or search on youtube for tons of golf instructional videos. Good instructor on youtube is Shawn Clement. Do a search of his nick Clemshaw.

To answer your question very simply, a golf course is never straight, and you have to hit over, under, and around obstacles, especially when you get into trouble or there's wind in play. And that's the reason why more proficient players like to work the ball. Equipment better suited to working the ball are blade to near-blade irons and a multi-layered high spin ball, the combination of which is hard to control in lesser skilled hands.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Different lies, different surroundings, different landscape, different greens require different shots, hence the need to shape.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 7:33 pm

botak wrote:
Antgolfer wrote:

to simplify it, same as playing badminton you need to know how to smash, drop shot, lob, drive, etc. different conditions call for different shots

Hi bro,

You really running between every forum .. Very Happy (like me)

Good explianation .. I rather play badminton as it much easier ( oop ,, did I offended anybody ). I do know how to smash, drop shot, lob, drive .. if I try shape the golf ball ... want to draw, it will hook. want slice it will be straight like hell Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Stretcher
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: me trying to work the ball    me trying to work the ball  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

me trying to work the ball
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2