Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changing grip

Go down 
+8
ParTee
Elysium
alangolf
golfbuzz
haragolfer
tpcml
asahi
piero
12 posters
AuthorMessage
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi guys,

Anyone knows which shop provides the cheapest change in grip? Did a change today to test out and quite like the golf pride grip. However coating at $14 each going to cost quite a bit to change it for all my irons.

Secondly do you guys change the grip for even your hybrids and drivers to the same as your drivers to be consistent?

Appreciate any advice. Thx.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Bro, try not to worry about pricing lah. Most impt is to get the grips done properly.
Can go to Big Fish or Wizgolf to do so.

And yes, I do hv the same grip and grip size for all the clubs.
Just feel more consistent in gripping.
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:45 pm

asahi wrote:
Bro, try not to worry about pricing lah. Most impt is to get the grips done properly.

Thx.. Me poor man need to think of pricing leh... Anyway thanks. Will head down to wizgolf
Back to top Go down
tpcml
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Give My Golf Shop at Trade Hub 21, Jurong a go - cheapest I've seen.

But as asahi mentioned, getting it right is way more important. Looking at performance vs. $, nothing is more important that grip sizing.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:46 pm

i came across" pure grips" online. Doesn't need grip tape, solvents. Just need an air pump, and the grip slips in without solvents and no slippage after that. Completely "do it yourself". I will be buying to try for myself. Google it yourself, see if you like the idea.
Back to top Go down
golfbuzz
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbuzz

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:47 pm

tpcml wrote:
Give My Golf Shop at Trade Hub 21, Jurong a go - cheapest I've seen.

But as asahi mentioned, getting it right is way more important. Looking at performance vs. $, nothing is more important that grip sizing.

Agree w Tpcml . My golf shop at tradehub 21 is cheaper and workmanship is great too .
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:54 am

haragolfer wrote:
i came across" pure grips" online. Doesn't need grip tape, solvents. Just need an air pump, and the grip slips in without solvents and no slippage after that. Completely "do it yourself". I will be buying to try for myself. Google it yourself, see if you like the idea.

I read about that too. Sounds interesting. Hope you can share your experience after using it. And also how much to buy the air compressor. Thank you! Wink
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:13 am

alangolf wrote:
haragolfer wrote:

I read about that too. Sounds interesting. Hope you can share your experience after using it. And also how much to buy the air compressor. Thank you! Wink

Still gotta get a bench vice though and make sure that you place the grips on straight.
Back to top Go down
ParTee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ParTee

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:21 am

piero wrote:
asahi wrote:

Thx.. Me poor man need to think of pricing leh... Anyway thanks. Will head down to wizgolf

Bro.. Hosin Golf in Bishan Driving Range has a
Karma brand grips selling for $6 to $7 only.
Good value for money, soft n tacky..comes in
various colours...white too!!
Back to top Go down
spetnez
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
spetnez

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:25 pm

I used the golf pride multicompound grip (2 tones) for my wedges and irons, they feels great especially when you need to grip down for finese shot. For my driver and hybrids, i stay with the factory fitted grip
Back to top Go down
poundpuppy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:27 am

Certainly agree with asahi and the rest that grip size is important. Would like to add that there are also little tips in choosing a grip, which a good club fitter or shop owner should be able to share as well.

For example, while your grips for irons can be ribbed, they should not be ribbed for wedges. Wedge grips should be round so that you can open and close the club face, yet maintain a comfortable grip. It should also be made of a material which still provides good grip when wet, since you are likely to put your wedge on the grass when you are putting (unless of course you are playing with a caddy)...

Hence, while grip size may be constant, the type of grip may (or may not) differ depending on your needs.

Hope this helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:52 am

poundpuppy wrote:
Certainly agree with asahi and the rest that grip size is important. Would like to add that there are also little tips in choosing a grip, which a good club fitter or shop owner should be able to share as well.

For example, while your grips for irons can be ribbed, they should not be ribbed for wedges. Wedge grips should be round so that you can open and close the club face, yet maintain a comfortable grip. It should also be made of a material which still provides good grip when wet, since you are likely to put your wedge on the grass when you are putting (unless of course you are playing with a caddy)...

Hence, while grip size may be constant, the type of grip may (or may not) differ depending on your needs.

Hope this helps! Smile

Thanks for the advice.

I did mine at wizgolf. Although I said I just wanted to change grip without other advice, the owner came over while I was monkeying with his trackman. Took measurements of my left hand and recommended the appropriate grip.

Currently, my grip are the ame from driver to my 18 degrees/24 degree resuce, 5-P irons. Cleveland wedges and odessey putter all original grip.

The fitting of the grip helps in getting more consistent shots at the range.
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 am

Just to add. Per grip is only $0.80 more than what I was quoted at Fareast so I think the advice is worth it.
Back to top Go down
nebo_81
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
nebo_81

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:43 pm

ParTee wrote:
piero wrote:
asahi wrote:

Bro.. Hosin Golf in Bishan Driving Range has a
Karma brand grips selling for $6 to $7 only.
Good value for money, soft n tacky..comes in
various colours...white too!!

Ya... nice guy too Smile
Back to top Go down
zincman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:15 am

Will go there to take a look, need to replace grip for my putter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Changing grip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changing grip   Changing grip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing grip
Page 1 of 1