Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sergio @ Volvo Open

Go down 
+9
JonL_TK
mUAr_cHEe
Technospaz
85man
7iron
asahi
shorthitter
duffader
Duval_S
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Sergio @ Volvo Open Empty
PostSubject: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:25 pm

another of my fav players...who had not done well past 2 seasons.

anyway, this time looks like his putting is holding up...

he is using Claw style ...macam Mark o'Meara.......
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:12 pm

I think the break from golf did him good....
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:14 pm

duffader wrote:

I think it was the breakup with greg Normans daughter Morgan that screwed him up........
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Did not see him play. But he at -8 while leader at -11.

Looks good.
Back to top Go down
7iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:57 am

Sergio, Good player but no luck.
Back to top Go down
85man
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 1:51 am

Hope this year he has better luck.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:30 am

He's adopted a new fancy putting technique which seems to be working for him. I like Sergio... always have.

Unfortunately, he's not had much luck on tour and I think golf's one of those games where those who win will keep on winning because the confidence drives you further.

But, if you don't win, it gets to you and you continue to see yourself crumble because the disappointment (particularly if everyone had high expectations of you, like with Sergio) can drag you all the way down.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:25 pm

shorthitter wrote:
duffader wrote:

I think it was the breakup with greg Normans daughter Morgan that screwed him up........

becuz less screwing was going on? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:17 pm

He is good but not as good as Jimenz... Watched Jimenz putt with his 60deg wedge for the last 4 holes... Scored -3 for the last 4 holes!!!

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
He is good but not as good as Jimenz... Watched Jimenz putt with his 60deg wedge for the last 4 holes... Scored -3 for the last 4 holes!!!

must be the cigar. look at capt. i think i will chomp on a cigar for lo hei game as well...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:27 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:

must be the cigar. look at capt. i think i will chomp on a cigar for lo hei game as well...

Gues mloy needs to work more during the game.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:28 pm

duffader wrote:
Gues mloy needs to work more during the game.

oi. have abit more faith in me can or not?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:00 pm

MC chomping on a cigar while drenched in sweat...hmm....quite a sight to behold.

@mc, dun worry, Duffy just trying to psyche you up.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:12 pm

A little side story about Sergio and his putting. When I was on staff with Taylor Made I was getting fit for a putter at the Kingdom MATT lab in San Diego. I was speaking with the putter tech about Sergio and his putting. He told me that Sergio tests pretty close to off the charts with how good his stroke is (aim, consistency, etc) when he is in there. He would then have Kia make him a couple of putters and Sergio would take them and be off. He would then go to a tournament and then change to something totally different or go back to an old faithful. He said it made no sense to him as he was rolling these things so amazingly and the stats were better than anything he brought with him (they would test the new vs. the old). He thought it had to be a mental block. Even when he went to the belly putter and putted so well with it, one miss at the Open and he eventually lost faith and bagged it.

Hopefully he has conquered some of those mental blocks and will stick with this grip and putter for a bit. The kid has talent and it will surface again at some point. It appears he just has to let it.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Interesting story about Sergio. The problem's definitely between his ears, just like his gripping and re-gripping of the club. But he has to want to do it himself, bet it's not easy convincing a mercurial hot head like him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Birdman wrote:
Interesting story about Sergio. The problem's definitely between his ears, just like his gripping and re-gripping of the club. But he has to want to do it himself, bet it's not easy convincing a mercurial hot head like him. Very Happy

In one of the live broadcast several years ago, the commentators were counting the number of time he "masturbated" his short iron (no pun intended), and it was like 37, before he made the shot.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:10 pm

37 before he made the shot! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Birdman wrote:
37 before he made the shot! ROFL

One time played with Slinger and i was wondering what he was doing before he hit his iron. Now I know what he was doing. Have you noticed it? Or has he stopped doing it already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sergio @ Volvo Open   Sergio @ Volvo Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sergio @ Volvo Open
Page 1 of 1