Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly

Go down 
+17
weesern
Kel81
mtheseira
Vinny
Ateisha
Turbo
Khorkar
mariateo
BigblackGoof
Derek
Technospaz
kamen
Winston
bkll
pocketace
hkhamateur
TDO
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly Empty
PostSubject: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:05 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/sergio-garcia-takes-spat-tiger-woods-ugly-place-033555597.html

http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/garcia-apologises-fried-chicken-jibe-woods-082531619.html

When will this man grow up and be Golf's next Ambassador? Or will he qualify to be one.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Tats bad, Garcia! No
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:26 pm

I have no idea of the connection between fried chicken and racist remarks

Now I learn something

I still like fried chicken though!
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Garcia just ended any chance to be a spokesperson for any major US brands, let alone be golf's ambassador.

Sad thing is that he dragged Fuzzy Zoeller back into the mud.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:09 pm

I have never like SG from day one. Not sure why, but now I know why. Sore loser, whiner, rascist, bad etiquette. Mad
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Its time for Tweety bird to grow a pair and be a man!!!!!! What a cry baby........
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:17 pm

The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly Tiger-11

In happier times
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:19 pm

pocketace wrote:
I have no idea of the connection between fried chicken and racist remarks

Now I learn something

I still like fried chicken though!

Yes, fried chicken, sweet potato pie and watermelon.

Anyway, Sergio is a jackass. I lost my respect for him.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:47 pm

When SG's game was bad ... his attitude was more humble, more accepting and gave a genuine sense that he had matured (at least in front of the camera) and had come to accept that change begins from within

Now his game is back and his character is really showing through ... which is not pleasant

You would have thought that after being in the media spotlight for so long, he would have learnt what not to say in public

Or maybe he plays better under a siege mentality and is consciously trying to get everyone to hate him and jeer him on the course so that he will score better ...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Derek wrote:
When SG's game was bad ... his attitude was more humble, more accepting and gave a genuine sense that he had matured (at least in front of the camera) and had come to accept that change begins from within

Now his game is back and his character is really showing through ... which is not pleasant

You would have thought that after being in the media spotlight for so long, he would have learnt what not to say in public

Or maybe he plays better under a siege mentality and is consciously trying to get everyone to hate him and jeer him on the course so that he will score better ...

Whatever SG is doing it's just not working. He sent 2 balls into the water at Hole 17 carrying with him the mental baggage of TW and end his run at TPC. Period.
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:02 pm

TDO wrote:
I have never like SG from day one. Not sure why, but now I know why. Sore loser, whiner, rascist, bad etiquette. Mad

Yep agree... One jackass with his mouth n ego bigger than his game! Sad that a talent like him went wasted.... But then again if he can handle the pressure, he dun deserve to be there like the rest.

SG, it's a gentleman's game so try to behave like one....
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm

PGA - Poor Golfing Attitude Mad
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:51 pm

SG might have intended his jab to be a joke but it went awfully wrong. Too bad for him. It just screws up his own reputation.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:01 am

This Sergio is getting on the nerve of Tiger ... I can tell you, Tiger is gonna clinch the US Open this summer ... When every time someone crosses Tiger path in a hurtful fashion, Tiger would make his clubs do the talking ...

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/das3K?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=golf
Back to top Go down
Ateisha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ateisha

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:16 am

Even Adidas apologised for SG.

https://www.facebook.com/olivia.ho.583?ref=tn_tnmn#!/adidasGolf
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:24 am

Ateisha wrote:

This can be serious and may tarnish the brand image on a world standing as SG is a top Playing Staff of Adidas and representing Adidas globally ... Therefore ppl may perceive what he believes in reflects Adidas corporate stance ... Just like any employee representing his company in a media conference ... Adidas did the right thing by clarifying her position b4 being misinterpreted ...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:26 am

Ateisha wrote:

Damn lucky Garcia! Neutral
He s adidas behind him n savg his name as well as sponsorship!! Wink
Think if this s happened in sgp, he ll probably stayg in HDB liao. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:59 pm

No TaylorMade and Adidas products for me, thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Racist remark vs sexual transgressions ~ which is lesser of the 2 evil, go figure.....??
Back to top Go down
mtheseira
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:38 pm

sergio should learn to think before speaking. Tiger has 14 majors, SG has none, guess he is just jealous and fed up
Back to top Go down
Kel81
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Well SG is known for his bad temper... Wonder how he got his handicap... LoL suppose to be a gentlemen sport..
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Turbo wrote:
Ateisha wrote:

This can be serious and may tarnish the brand image on a world standing as SG is a top Playing Staff of Adidas and representing Adidas globally ... Therefore ppl may perceive what he believes in reflects Adidas corporate stance ... Just like any employee representing his company in a media conference ... Adidas did the right thing by clarifying her position b4 being misinterpreted ...

I thought Justin Rose is a better choice
Back to top Go down
Swerve
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Racism is nothing but plain ignorance and is totally unacceptable for someone in the public eye like SG is.

Not sure why Adidas would actually apologize on his behalf and imho they should just make an example of him and drop him from their stable of sponsored stars.

What a jackass.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:41 pm

cant tahan SG....

already lost any respect for him when he spit into the cup...
Back to top Go down
dodi101
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodi101

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Juz seen the media clip that SG had apologized to all regards of his comment..He also said sorry to TW...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly   The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Spat Between Sergio & Tiger Has Turned Ugly
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next