Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ugly side of Rory McIlroy

Go down 
+21
fata
TimLai
hillgreen
LeftRightUpDown
Denis
nutty88
golfer1975
tronos
loserjo
nientsu
golftortoise
CKT61
DLWL
kamen
TDO
suirattigas
DGman
waltzy
NikeN
gino
Turbo
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Ugly side of Rory McIlroy Empty
PostSubject: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:38 pm

The ugly side of Rory ... club bending action out of frustration ...

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/mcilroy-apologizes-for-bending-club-at-merion/
Back to top Go down
gino
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:49 pm

We all have that in us so he's no monster. The only difference is that he bends one, Nike hands him a replacement straightaway. We, mere mortals on the other hand, have to pay for a replacement ourselves. Laughing
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Must be the 9 iron lie problem, so he corrected it on course. Razz
Back to top Go down
waltzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
waltzy

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Agree, title is a little misleading. Anyone could have done that under several months of frustrations... just that, after we do that, the replacement's coming out from our own pocket Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:18 pm

well no matter how good you are....the club does what you want it to do. to me its a sign of weakness...sorry Rory fans, there are no exceptions.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
suirattigas
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Agreed.. Not cool at all
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:37 pm

I am sure some of us went through this before, blaming the club instead of self.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
suirattigas
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Definitely... but not when you are the ambassador for a product/ brand and in the eyes of the public... which calls for professionalism.

Like-wise i believe there are ocassions/ issues when we are not happy with our work/ company, but we still can't tarnish our company/ employers' images in front of peers, clients etc ...

Sigh, maybe he is still young, but at least he is learning or willing to learn from his mistakes... comes with age i guess ... Razz
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 4:01 pm

He should not do that in the public as he is a role model to many young fans and aspiring golfers. I believe that is one of the terms of the Nike Inc contract with him as a Nike Playing Ambassador ... Anyway, I remember seeing Nick Price who broke his putter many years ago because of a missed put ... Waltzy, I'm afraid my perception & title - "Ugly side of Rory" still sustain!
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Rory is a bad role model for me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:29 pm

This guy is only 24 n being given a huge burden 99% of the ppl will nvr understand.
True that he cracked under pressure

But the press really making a big fuss over this.
When and if he goes thru this rough patch. Im sure they will start hailing him again
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Yup that's what the press said about Oscar before he fired his girl. Pressure.
Back to top Go down
waltzy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
waltzy

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Winning takes care of everything Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CKT61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:12 pm

suirattigas wrote:
Definitely... but not when you are the ambassador for a product/ brand and in the eyes of the public... which calls for professionalism.

Like-wise i believe there are ocassions/ issues when we are not happy with our work/ company, but we still can't tarnish our company/ employers' images in front of peers, clients etc ...

Sigh, maybe he is still young, but at least he is learning or willing to learn from his mistakes... comes with age i guess ... Razz

Totally agree with you bro.

As an ambassador of a brand, they are expected to uphold certain image to the public. He's still young, too err is human; to forgive is divine. Most important is willing to acknoledge their mistakes and don't repeat again. Cut him some slack.

I like your avatar, is that the latest N9500 mask?
Back to top Go down
golftortoise
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:30 pm

If it had been Tiger... Maybe the backlash would have been much worse? Just thinking aloud...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Tiger has thrown a club to the crowd and kicked his iron before, as well.

Yea, they may be professionals, they may be an ambassador for a brand, but beneath all these, they are humans like us.....maybe slightly more talented humans. They too feel the frustration the we feel.

I think we the public should cut some slack.
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Showed his weakness but the best part of the game is to witness how he overcome his weaknesses and turn into great
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:38 pm

so Tiger still Nike no1? is Rory even no2 now? Between him and Michelle Wie....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 pm

tronos wrote:
so Tiger still Nike no1? is Rory even no2 now? Between him and Michelle Wie....

In-between should be Maria Sharapova ... Since Federer was down and out in the Wimbledon ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
suirattigas
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:38 pm

CKT61- not N9500, but VS 44D (Victoria Secrets size44 cup D) lolz

well, it is always easier to point and tell, me being one of them as well... opinions are the cheapest commodities on earth Wink
I guessed certain professions (althetics, actors, politician etc..)with fame, power, money.. come along with loss of freedom, public scrutiny.. once you signed up for it, you have to try living up to it.. of course we are just human.. no one is perfect, it does help to put oneself in other shoes to empathise with that person.... Even Spiderman didnt get it right the 1st time causing the loss of his uncle Ben "With great power comes great responsibility" ^^
Back to top Go down
golfer1975
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 am

Golf is also about patience, I've though of bending my club couple of times...... But why waste the money....ha ha ha

I think he still need more time to match the new equipments. But money in the pockets....... No complaints....

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:06 pm

kamen wrote:

This is the 2nd time he created a scene ... The first was ... He walked out of the Honda Classic tourney this year without completing the 4-round on the pretext of a severe toothache ... He was in oblivion that the reporter on the ground captured a shot of him munching hamburger at the carpark ... Very Happy

He later apologized for his action ... We shall see whether he or the temperamental Spanish needs to apologize more often in the public ... ROFL
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Turbo wrote:
kamen wrote:

This is the 2nd time he created a scene ... The first was ... He walked out of the Honda Classic tourney this year without completing the 4-round on the pretext of a severe toothache ... He was in oblivion that the reporter on the ground captured a shot of him munching hamburger at the carpark ... Very Happy

He later apologized for his action ... We shall see whether he or the temperamental Spanish needs to apologize more often in the public ... ROFL

I think since he's not rewarding Nike with the exposure on results, he still need to expose himself in someway or another by being in the news...

Haha, just kidding; he will come good, he's still one of the nicest chap around... I've seen Poulter swearing in front of young kids in tournament; tell which is worse... he's just venting his anger on the club which cost him a club lesser for the rest of the holes. It's too easy to penalize from watching from the tv... Which golfer have not spit on the course be4, nobody is saint...
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Turbo wrote:
kamen wrote:

He later apologized for his action ... We shall see whether he needs to apologize more often or the temperamental Spanish ... Very Happy

Contrary to many who have expressed views that he is only human. I believe that as a professional playing at the ultimate level, there are no excuses for going mental on course. If he needs to see a shrink, he should go see one.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:01 pm

These are sportsmen for crying out loud and not religious leaders. I will be appalled to see a religious leader vents his/her anger by swearing, spitting and what-not. But sportsmen need to let go their emotions and I don't anything wrong by letting out a little frustration even on TV. I really don't think we should expect sportsmen to behave like saints.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ugly side of Rory McIlroy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next