Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ugly side of Rory McIlroy

Go down 
+21
fata
TimLai
hillgreen
LeftRightUpDown
Denis
nutty88
golfer1975
tronos
loserjo
nientsu
golftortoise
CKT61
DLWL
kamen
TDO
suirattigas
DGman
waltzy
NikeN
gino
Turbo
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Denis

Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:58 pm

+1....It just shows the intensity & fustration, like tennis players wacking their rackets...they get penalized & what not. But thats it.

Lack of sportsmanship on the other hand is totally not cool...like the half-hearted hand shake from 2011 ISPS Handa Singapore Classic winner Himmat Rai. Nadal & Federer will never do that.

Imho.

Back to top Go down
LeftRightUpDown
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:14 pm

My opinion is that sportsmen don't really have a duty to be role models. If they behave badly, then us as parents need to explain to our children the consequences of such behavior.

But I do think that Rory lacks a lot of mental strength, discipline and focus. This is reflected in his attitude to practice, and his philosophy about "balance" in life. Until he develops a greater dedication to the game and more mental strength, there is no way he will even smell the same kind of success that Tiger has had.

Many people have nicer swings or more skills than Tiger - example Phil. But NONE has Tiger's mental fortitude, single-minded dedication to being the best golfer in history and willingness to sacrifice everything, including personal relationships to achieve that status.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Lets see how the temperamental Spanish vented his fustration & at the sametime showing us how to rake the bunker in a macho fashion ... tongue 

Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Talking about how u should teach the next gen golf.... this

I took a long time to remember his name... but will never forget his act... class player

Bottom line is how u behave in golf describe what type of person are u... u maybe the nicest chap ard but there will be a day u may breakdown... But for brian, I have only respect...

Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Turbo wrote:
Lets see how the temperamental Spanish vented his fustration & at the sametime showing us how to rake the bunker in a macho fashion ... tongue 

this is bad image for golf..
Back to top Go down
TimLai
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Many sportsmen/lady signed for deal on commercial basis and lost their touch, sometimes forever.
Happens in Football, American football, (ice) hockey, basketball, and also golf.

We are just mere humans. Learning from past will makes us a better man/woman.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:08 am

kamen wrote:
Contrary to many who have expressed views that he is only human. I believe that as a professional playing at the ultimate level, there are no excuses for going mental on course. If he needs to see a shrink, he should go see one.

Superlike +++
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Rory did a mistake and we may be able to benefits by not following his wrong doing.Learning comes from being wrong... Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 am

talk is always easy....................
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:42 am

DGman wrote:
kamen wrote:
Contrary to many who have expressed views that he is only human. I believe that as a professional playing at the ultimate level, there are no excuses for going mental on course. If he needs to see a shrink, he should go see one.

Superlike +++

If he is your Dental surgeon, or BUTCHER to operate on you, you can understand that he is just human???
Not for me .

NIKE either U make a mistake or Boy Boy 8 words cannot tahan the shackle of nike!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:19 pm

NIKE famous quote & ad: "JUST DO IT" Very Happy
And in all area as a professional athletes whom were sponsored by them lor!Wink
Probably NIKE said tat to them, just do it as as we hve millions...tongue 
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:34 pm

like those old people alway say to the young people, " haizzz nowadays kids hor........"
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 12:57 am

i believe the older payers are also notoriously 'bad' boys, just that these days the TV tend to portray those great older players like gods..showing the good side only.

Having said that, it make me like Nike Golf stuff less...as if at the back of my mine my brain is telling me "see what happens when u use Nike instead of Titleist". Its the same thought many ppl had when Tiger switched to the Nike Method Putter and had a very long stretch of very poor putting performance. May not be true, but the perception is there and buying golf brands is all about perception.

sad cause i use to like Nike a lot and think Titleist is overrated. Now seems to be drawn to the dark side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ugly side of Rory McIlroy   Ugly side of Rory McIlroy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ugly side of Rory McIlroy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2