Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?

Go down 
+4
mengteck71
boboking
smallhorse
hoppie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? Empty
PostSubject: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:21 pm

I am looking to get a new sets of irons, most likely PING to get it customised. I have this crazy idea, just want to know if it's possible to fit my existing Callaway irons with ladies shaft so i can hand it over to my wife who is still using the Mizuno Efil. I suppose the Callaway are a better sets of irons but i would like to know the different in the club head between the ladies and Men's irons, what are the differences? Is it feasible to do it? Because selling it might not worth much anyway.
Back to top Go down
smallhorse
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Hmmm. This is interesting.
I like to know too. ^^
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:34 pm

I was thinking of the same and below are some links to the question:

http://www.womensgolfclubset.org/

http://www.golflink.com/list_1305_ladies-amp-mens-golf-clubs.html

http://ihminders.qwestoffice.net/ladies.htm

It seems that it is possible to fit a man's set for ladies use if you set the lie and loft and shft right. Which in the end may cost as much as a new set of ladies clubs which is better balanced.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:49 pm

hoppie wrote:
I am looking to get a new sets of irons, most likely PING to get it customised. I have this crazy idea, just want to know if it's possible to fit my existing Callaway irons with ladies shaft so i can hand it over to my wife who is still using the Mizuno Efil. I suppose the Callaway are a better sets of irons but i would like to know the different in the club head between the ladies and Men's irons, what are the differences? Is it feasible to do it? Because selling it might not worth much anyway.

I fitted my IKASU Irons with AeroTech shaft for wife. She enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Standard OEM irons are all the same weight for men and ladies, only colour differs.

Junior clubs have a lighter headwight usually 10 to 30g lighter depending on age and height.

there is no problem pulling out the callaway irons and fitting in a ladies shaft. however the hosel depth of most callaway are nearer to the ground, if you pull out the ladies shaft from another brand, you may find the length to be 1/2 inch shorter. hence you may have to get a new set of ladies shaft to fit the callaway.

hope it helps.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:38 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
hoppie wrote:

I fitted my IKASU Irons with AeroTech shaft for wife. She enjoying it.

wow....please dun spoil market

my wife also golf......
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Good info.

Can I ask about SW for ladies?

Is Flex important? if not, can Ladies use Men's Wedges since we now know that the head is the same.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 pm

DGman wrote:
Standard OEM irons are all the same weight for men and ladies, only colour differs.

Junior clubs have a lighter headwight usually 10 to 30g lighter depending on age and height.

there is no problem pulling out the callaway irons and fitting in a ladies shaft. however the hosel depth of most callaway are nearer to the ground, if you pull out the ladies shaft from another brand, you may find the length to be 1/2 inch shorter. hence you may have to get a new set of ladies shaft to fit the callaway.

hope it helps.

DGman

Wow, Thanks so much again! Razz I get my wife go for refreshment course first, once she is more consistent in her shot, i pay you a visit to get her fitted.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:06 am

nrafee...

no issues at all using men's wedge. using a 60 plus to 70 plus g shaft will work for most ladies. the key here is getting the lie angle and grip size correct.

MengTeck 71 case is a bit different, his wife is petite but at fitting all the light shaft did not work and the Aerotech i70 a flex seems to work the best. hence we have to bore the club heads to fit the parallel shaft. the key there was the length and lie angle adjustment.

DGman
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:42 am

Hey DGman, thanks for the tip. My kid is now in between clubs (ie to tall for a Jr set and to small for an ladies set). I have a good Daiwa set of irons, what shafts to you recommend for a kid between 11 to 12 yrs old? I may consider reshafting it for her.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Boboking,,,

when i fit children i spend a lot more time...its not the shaft or the heads or their playing abilities.

i usually want to find out if they are really interested in the game or its their parents pushing them.

why we can customise a set of irons for them now or built a set that they can grow into. there is a difference. usually it helps if i can talk to their coach as well.

"i' is a classic example, we have worked with him and watched him grow. His priority now may not be golf but he still packs a pretty good game. There is another 9 year old whom i really like to spend time working on. he has change his driver shaft 3 times in 1 1/2 years (flex and length) and is now moving on to the blue BFG Aerotech shaft from the white. Andre is good golfer, very keen and has special qualities (hand eye coordination).

There is also a new golfer (12 year old girl) who helps out at the Den during the holidays and she has just taken lessons for the first time since the beginning of Dec. one will never guess that she can hit her 7 iron 110 meteres with a set of MP 57 fitted with True Temper M80 steel shaft. in consultation with her coach Tendy, we were very confident that she will be able to use the irons and do well. I asked Merlynn why she wants to play golf and she tells me because she would like to be a pro, win money and buy a lamborgini...how can i not help her...haha.

The worst case i have come across was a dad who walked in into my shop and say that his daughter will be the next Callaway champion. he asked me to build a driver that will give his daughter 20 meters more and brought in a hand me down 9.5 degree driver head. After talking to the scrawny kid for 15 mintues and watching her swing. i asked the dad to find someone else cos i can't do it.

The kid has a very good swing but is small for her age. More importantly, she is not particularly fond of golf and its her dad who force her to practice and play.

enough said....boboking, please make arrangement to get your daughter swing analysed, if the Daiwa are forged or SS, we should be able to find good use of them.

DGman
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:13 am

DGman, my kid 10 months old, can be fitted or not?
Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 am

eiji wrote:
DGman, my kid 10 months old, can be fitted or not?
Laughing

of course can be fitted...we sell you voucher valid for 10 years....

DGman
Back to top Go down
boboking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
boboking

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 am

Hey DGman, you are dead right. I thought I would struggle with this issue of interest and nature vs nurture. But she has convinced me otherwise with her pestering on me bringing her to the course every weekend wanting to do better each time (includes beating me on a Par 3 course). I had to extend her clubs twice this year as she grows so quickly. She is with the Academy at NSRCC, I will ask her coach for some recommendations.

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:17 am

is she with Marc?

if she is keen its easy....see u soon...DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?   Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fitting Men's Irons with Ladies shaft for Ladies possible?
Page 1 of 1