Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies Empty
PostSubject: golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies   golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Sad to hear this...but as an aspiring golfer, definitely I will remember not to rush my game and be more careful with the accuracy .................distance is not a problem coz mine is always short....

Quote :

A maintenance worker at a central Florida country club is dead after being struck by a golfer's tee shot.

Police say Maurice Hayden was pulling weeds near a tree at the Mayfair Country Club in Sanford on Wednesday when he was struck in the temple about 30 yards away.

The 42-year-old man was taken to Central Florida Regional Hospital. Police say he died Thursday after being removed from life support.

Police say the shot was an accident and that the golfer will not face charges.

Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies   golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies   golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:17 pm

About a month back, caddy (working at Song Be GGolf) was standing at the back of the buggy which was driven by the player, when due to some freak accident she was flung off the buggy, injuring her spine.

The club mgmt say she is only a part time worker and hence not entitled to any compensation. Due to this there was a major exodus of caddies from the club.

Regarrdles of the cause of the accident, I believe the mgmt should has at least pass the "hat" around and get donations to help the girl as she can no longer walk.....
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies   golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:33 pm

just to show the importance of playing safe.
I sometimes wonder if those worker needs to be included on the play safe thing. I mean they don't seems to be aware / care of the game while doing their own business on the golf course.
Maybe I"ll call the marshal next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies   golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf course worker hit by tee shot, dies
Page 1 of 1