Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to improve putting??

Go down 
+14
pushslice
garylin
mowen
daveaha
JonL_TK
weesern
duffader
slinger
Duval_S
asahi
jimmychoo
smallhorse
mUAr_cHEe
yuki
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

How to improve putting?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:38 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
yuki wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
I find practicing on the carpet at home is great, it does improve my putting Wink

house no carpet lei.. only tiles.. can practice fast green huh.. Smile

You are allow to putt in my house....free of charge Razz

alot of ppl will b queuing up at ur door step.. Razz
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
Actually must learn to putt straight first lah.

Second is distance control, 3rd then come to green reading mah.....

Girl.... do it step by step, it's boring putting balls into holes but thinking about the money you will win with every putt, you will feel so much interesting. Twisted Evil

hmm... oki, will try to learn how to putt straight first.. jus now saw e putter aid @ Keppel BFG.. shld buy n try bah...
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:50 pm

DGman wrote:
wait for the Zen-i website to go live...lots of putting drills there and you can learn from Dr Joe Parent as well.

i am fortunate to learn from the Zen Master Nick Middleton and the Zen Guru, Dr Joe Parent who is also Cristie Kerr's putting and mental guru.

Putting is not difficult when you are set up correctly, have the right eyeline and do not think of the putting stroke.

read this thread.....

How to choose putter

Most Satisfactory

Its not difficult to teach someone once you have experienced and understood both scientific and mental approach to putting.

i want to add that putting is not golf. its the part of golf thats totally different. there is no swing and everything is quiet. But its the part of the game that enable the golfer to score. its also the part of the game that frustrate most golfers.

Imagine 350 meters and you are there in 2 but if you take 3 for 3.5 meters, it will frustrate you.
DGman

Saw the Zen putter jus now and now then understand why is it so different n everyone in the forum seems to be talking abt it.

When the website is up, let us know. Smile

That sentence is really frustrating when it happened on green.... Sad
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:48 am

Buying the putter will NOT make one putt better.

Certain skills are required to make the putter perform magic on the green. once the golfer have the necessary skills set, he or she will find more confidence in a properly fitted putter.

Than you will need to have the right mental approach to put those short 4 to 6 footers in the hole and the long 40 footers where you need to make no more than a 2 putt. these are the areas where you need to have utmost confidence.

no many golfers learn to read lines on the green and this is an important aspect of the game that requires years and years of playing experience.

Most people will tell you to trust your putt but in reality you will need to train to trust your instinct and feel.

Slinger used to be very technical but we have changed his mindset. his weakest part of putting was the 4 to 8 footer and by changing his routine and approach, i believe that is the part that has improved to enable those 30 putts per round stats.

Hope this helps but for those who seriously have problems, maybe we can include putting and putter analysis once the Break30 become operational (when the giant putting green arrive by early Dec).

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:51 am

Did Nick change that weird pre shot routine for his putting? If he did, better tell that kuku to change too. Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:56 am

arch-nemisis. u are just out to make more enemies, eh?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
arch-nemisis. u are just out to make more enemies, eh?

You mean there are more people following that pre shot routine. I thought you are the only one?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:59 am

as long as he makes those putt, we don't care if he reads the line bending with his head between his legs with his back facing the target.

so what routine is the kuku using???
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:03 am

DGman wrote:
as long as he makes those putt, we don't care if he reads the line bending with his head between his legs with his back facing the target.

so what routine is the kuku using???

He will drage the putter from the top of the ball down to the line of putt. Maybe to flatten the grass behind the ball so that his putter will not get caught by the grass..... Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 am

i find this 'kuku' method very calming and slows me down alot...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 am

if his opponent can prove that he is improving his lie by that strange and meaningless routine, he can be DQ in competition.

otherwise we will just have to watch him pray with his putter.

Weird is in his blood...anyone got a pic with those Oakleys?

DGman
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:17 am

Even the multi coloured head covers in his bag... i think that oakleys is only something that is original from him... then again.. who would want to have those oakleys... I rather be wearing King's safety glasses.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 am

whats wrong with no multi-coloured head covers, i think it is easier to tell caddies which club i want....

no arguments on oakleys. i have my own tots on it, but i cannot win so many disapproving comments, especially from Master and Capt.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:46 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
whats wrong with no multi-coloured head covers, i think it is easier to tell caddies which club i want....

Caddy: Sir, which iron you want???
MC: The one with the red cover.....
Caddy: Sir, which red....

Why make life so difficult.....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:52 am

this bickering has nothing to do with improving putting.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:56 am

There is only 1 white cover, 1 red cover and 1 yellow cover for my hybrids and wood. it is not that difficult.

but if i get a colour blind caddy... then erm... no comment.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:00 am

DGman wrote:

Hope this helps but for those who seriously have problems, maybe we can include putting and putter analysis once the Break30 become operational (when the giant putting green arrive by early Dec).

DGman

Boss ah boss... please put me in the queue when your Break30 become operational... needs help with putting...

My game very consistent recently... consistently hitting strings of 3-4 putts and averaging about 40-45 putts per game... %@$%#^$%&
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:04 am

I will love to play in a flight with Duffy and MC........hahahahah
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 am

alvin7379 wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

Boss ah boss... please put me in the queue when your Break30 become operational... needs help with putting...

My game very consistent recently... consistently hitting strings of 3-4 putts and averaging about 40-45 putts per game... %@$%#^$%&

u are beginning to master the art of fishing...

good for you....

make me proud in your next game with ZX.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 am

only happened once so far. we were in the same buggy too.

no parangs or tazers were drawn out.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:07 am

alvin7379 wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

45 putts can play 89, if you can putt then we have to pawn our underwear liao White Flag
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:08 am

slinger wrote:

good for you....

yes... master Jedi Slinger...

White Flag
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 am

alvin7379 wrote:
slinger wrote:

good for you....

White Flag

Would like to have a chance to play with you too Alvin... your royal longness.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:11 am

duffader wrote:

Would like to have a chance to play with you too Alvin... your royal longness.

haha... dun believe what they say on the forum lah... yes yes! We should have a game soon cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:14 am

alvin7379 wrote:
slinger wrote:

good for you....

White Flag

Think should re term our upcoming game as 'star wars' flight.
Slinger wears a cloak, Alvin, ZX and myself wear masks ala Darth Vader.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to improve putting??
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next