Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to improve putting??

Go down 
+14
pushslice
garylin
mowen
daveaha
JonL_TK
weesern
duffader
slinger
Duval_S
asahi
jimmychoo
smallhorse
mUAr_cHEe
yuki
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

How to improve putting?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:35 pm

smallhorse wrote:

Yes. public can use. But it's a good courtesy to bring around 10 balls. I have seen ppl pour out a bag of golf balls and have their balls all over the greens. lol

actually on the putting mechanics, i do not know how to advise, but its like getting into a rhythm when you started your initial golf swing. it will fall in place soon. You take joy! you can 1 on. on a par 3, its an impressive feat. I am only do 3 on, 1 putt. ^^ (a point to note, putting must relax, then can feel)

Need to buy the guest card from the pro shop and can use the range too. I feel the balls are a bit expensive. but after a good session, hang out at jalan kayu or the bistro at the seletar airbase (cannot remember the name, awesome food) and beers.

oh, okie.. next time shall go n take a look. ya i saw ppl pouring out 20+ balls n if a few practising together, u will need to find ur balls later.. but shldnt b a prob for me as all my balls are coloured. Smile

u refering to the spicy chicken wings shop?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:36 pm

yuki wrote:
funny thing is i stand there n see e hole, dun seems to see any sloping left or right but when hit the ball it actually turn in another way..
How do you read the green? From the Front (you - cup - ball) or from the Back (you - ball - cup)?
Reading from the front makes a huge difference...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:38 pm

girls can hv also but no girls want to have them....
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:41 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
weesern wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
As John Daly recently said: The secret to putting is in the love handles!!!
Did an experiment the other night and realize that having love handles does help in putting...

I tuck my elbows against my love handles and "rotate" around them from start to finish stroke... gives me a better feel and nice roll!!!

Secret to love handles: Can join my new venture (Weight Gainers)

John Daly is a guy... Yuki is a lady!!!
Hello... Girls also can have love handles right???
There is this term "Muffin Top"

How to improve putting?? - Page 2 Muffin10

ermm... to grow love handles in order to putt accurately affraid , tink i will jus let my putting skills rot... Smile
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:42 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
yuki wrote:
funny thing is i stand there n see e hole, dun seems to see any sloping left or right but when hit the ball it actually turn in another way..
How do you read the green? From the Front (you - cup - ball) or from the Back (you - ball - cup)?
Reading from the front makes a huge difference...

initially is from the front... after which read some magazines n golf channel say read from the back... so both also tried liao.. also cannot understand...

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:44 pm

yuki wrote:
asahi wrote:
Short and sweet. ZEN putter purchase and a visit to HOZ.

no matter how good the putter is, coordination of hands and reading of lines cannot make it then also same same...

me n kian go kranji for putting practise almost every wkend morning....

u are welcome to join us....
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:47 pm

slinger wrote:
yuki wrote:
asahi wrote:

no matter how good the putter is, coordination of hands and reading of lines cannot make it then also same same...

Non member can practice there ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 pm

slinger wrote:
yuki wrote:
asahi wrote:

u all stay near Kranji ah?? soooo far lei....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:55 pm

daveaha wrote:
slinger wrote:
yuki wrote:
asahi wrote:

u join us, then u member loh....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:56 pm

yuki wrote:
slinger wrote:
yuki wrote:
asahi wrote:

then every 6 ft putt will also look soooo far leh.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 pm

slinger wrote:
yuki wrote:
slinger wrote:
yuki wrote:
asahi wrote:

Words of Wisdom ... enter into my blackberry ...
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:10 pm

slinger wrote:

haha... 3ft also seems far....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:19 pm

slinger wrote:
daveaha wrote:
slinger wrote:
yuki wrote:
asahi wrote:

Can I join in this exclusive club?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:31 pm

asahi wrote:
slinger wrote:
daveaha wrote:
slinger wrote:
yuki wrote:
asahi wrote:

Can I join in this exclusive club?

cool.... I shd make slinger as my shifu then... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:13 pm

i'm also having abit of trouble putting, more so after i changed my putter. think a putting mat is useful to get used to the feel of the putter as it is helping me right now.. I do have a problem reading greens - left to right can read as right to left.. maybe I can share something that worked for me.

Usually i read the green when im on the green. eg. i just squat down behind my ball and try to read. But I read somewhere that i should start reading as soon as I'm 50m away from the green. (eg while walking towards the green, reading the roll as my ball lands on the green etc).. Using this method, I'm more accurate with reading the green...

Another method which I use... i let people putt first and read their putt Smile

I'm still very much a beginner (with a 24 handicap) so will the pros pls correct me if I'm wrong
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Quote :
garylin wrote:
i'm also having abit of trouble putting, more so after i changed my putter. think a putting mat is useful to get used to the feel of the putter as it is helping me right now.. I do have a problem reading greens - left to right can read as right to left.. maybe I can share something that worked for me.

Usually i read the green when im on the green. eg. i just squat down behind my ball and try to read. But I read somewhere that i should start reading as soon as I'm 50m away from the green. (eg while walking towards the green, reading the roll as my ball lands on the green etc).. Using this method, I'm more accurate with reading the green...

Another method which I use... i let people putt first and read their putt Smile

I'm still very much a beginner (with a 24 handicap) so will the pros pls correct me if I'm wrong

Hello brudder Gary.....beginner cannot and should not be judged just by the handicap. Fm your description, i think your approach to green reading is very good liao.....thanks for the tip

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:42 pm

just visit House of Zen lah..you will come out a different putter-er if you go thru the program. dgman will share tips and drills. Then compare your putter with a zen, see if there's a difference. why listen to all the high cappers here? Go to DGman.
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:48 pm

dun tink by getting a ZEN putter will jus improve the putting skills. it somehow is a better feel or so when the putter hit the ball, but it still have to depend on individual skills n ability to read the green and swing pattern of the putter...

jus my thinking...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:54 pm

walau you kept on focusing on buying putter.....i didnt say that. Go to HoZ & familiarize yourself with the tips and drills of the break30 program...at least there are training aids to help you. Putter also can window shop, just like handbags. If you like, then you buy.

as to reading lines...no other way than to spend the hours and trained our eye/mind to do it over different greens. It's like riding bicycle..hard to explain with tips. everybody got their way to do it. Lines alone doesnt work, must know how much power to apply.

next best thing is to join slinger shifu. hes very good teacher
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:32 pm

yuki wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
I find practicing on the carpet at home is great, it does improve my putting Wink

house no carpet lei.. only tiles.. can practice fast green huh.. Smile

You are allow to putt in my house....free of charge Razz
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 pm

pushslice wrote:
walau you kept on focusing on buying putter.....i didnt say that. Go to HoZ & familiarize yourself with the tips and drills of the break30 program...at least there are training aids to help you. Putter also can window shop, just like handbags. If you like, then you buy.

as to reading lines...no other way than to spend the hours and trained our eye/mind to do it over different greens. It's like riding bicycle..hard to explain with tips. everybody got their way to do it. Lines alone doesnt work, must know how much power to apply.

halo, i only good at TCSS....

the other 2 ASS team-mates are alot better....
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Actually must learn to putt straight first lah.

Second is distance control, 3rd then come to green reading mah.....

Girl.... do it step by step, it's boring putting balls into holes but thinking about the money you will win with every putt, you will feel so much interesting. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Zen-i...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:52 pm

wait for the Zen-i website to go live...lots of putting drills there and you can learn from Dr Joe Parent as well.

i am fortunate to learn from the Zen Master Nick Middleton and the Zen Guru, Dr Joe Parent who is also Cristie Kerr's putting and mental guru.

Putting is not difficult when you are set up correctly, have the right eyeline and do not think of the putting stroke.

read this thread.....

How to choose putter

Most Satisfactory

Its not difficult to teach someone once you have experienced and understood both scientific and mental approach to putting.

i want to add that putting is not golf. its the part of golf thats totally different. there is no swing and everything is quiet. But its the part of the game that enable the golfer to score. its also the part of the game that frustrate most golfers.

Imagine 350 meters and you are there in 2 but if you take 3 for 3.5 meters, it will frustrate you.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:36 pm

pushslice wrote:

slinger will vomit blood to teach me.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to improve putting??   How to improve putting?? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to improve putting??
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next