Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman

Go down 
+10
DGman
Duval_S
shorthitter
mowen
slinger
Batman
asahi
eiji
watermyforrest
ghoonk
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:30 pm

pushslice wrote:
and more strokes for me, ha!

More like more strokes from you.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:37 pm

I do not have the system, but if I can chime in here, this relates a lot to some discoveries I have made while coaching putting, not so much with beginners, whose main object is stroke, but mid too advanced players.

It also relates a million % to my lesson with Nick.

When I am coaching players that are not beginnners, (short game) I get them, while having their practice swing, to look at the target.

The analagy I give is while throwing a ball, bowling etc you are always target oriented.

Then I get them to line up the logo of the ball FROM BEHIND, eg the ball is between me and the hole.

This is easy, and we both agree, yes the ball logo is pointing to the hole perfectly.

Then the person stands over the ball to putt and the first thing that happens is they say "hang on it is pointing too far left or right"!

BUT, we know it is correct because we lined it up from behind!

This is where what DGMAN is saying about dominant eye comes into play, but also because our eye is convex the perspective from behind the ball and above are different.

I tell my students, "if you have lined up the ball from behind, and if you are sure it is correct, then trust it". out of all the things in the putting stroke that is the only thing that is correct.

The stroke itself maybe a bit wobbly, but if you lined up the ball from behind, it HAS to be correct! trust it!...

My lesson with Nick taught me my eye was too far outside the line, and I have been puttting a lot better, but for people that have not had access to this system, if you line the ball up, trust it..... very simple....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 pm

shorthitter wrote:
I do not have the system, but if I can chime in here, this relates a lot to some discoveries I have made while coaching putting, not so much with beginners, whose main object is stroke, but mid too advanced players.

It also relates a million % to my lesson with Nick.

When I am coaching players that are not beginnners, (short game) I get them, while having their practice swing, to look at the target.

The analagy I give is while throwing a ball, bowling etc you are always target oriented.

Then I get them to line up the logo of the ball FROM BEHIND, eg the ball is between me and the hole.

This is easy, and we both agree, yes the ball logo is pointing to the hole perfectly.

Then the person stands over the ball to putt and the first thing that happens is they say "hang on it is pointing too far left or right"!

BUT, we know it is correct because we lined it up from behind!

This is where what DGMAN is saying about dominant eye comes into play, but also because our eye is convex the perspective from behind the ball and above are different.

I tell my students, "if you have lined up the ball from behind, and if you are sure it is correct, then trust it". out of all the things in the putting stroke that is the only thing that is correct.

The stroke itself maybe a bit wobbly, but if you lined up the ball from behind, it HAS to be correct! trust it!...

My lesson with Nick taught me my eye was too far outside the line, and I have been puttting a lot better, but for people that have not had access to this system, if you line the ball up, trust it..... very simple....

Thanks Shorthitter, what you discribled is exactly what I had experienced. Ghoonk can confirm that I lined up my ball when putting and he has actually made a comment about it the other day(actually i do pacing as well). When I am standing over the ball after i have lined up, at times I can see that the alignment seems strange. In earlier days, I tried to adjust what I thot to be a misalignment but ended up putting out of line. Now, as what you mentioned, I just go with my initial alignment and generally, it has worked for me so far.. Thanks for giving me the confirmation! Beer
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Ha, you are welcome, what most people dont realise is that course designers will aim the tee boxes into the trees, or water or bunkers on purpose.

If you are not disaplined enough to take your aim properly, that means from behind the ball, then you wil hit into trouble. Then when you do, what is the first thing you do, try and change your swing for the next shot! When in fact you hit dead straight, you just did not aim properly...

You must aim and trust, the simplest of golf lessons......
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 8:13 pm

I couldn't agree more.. look at the Bintan Lagoon, JN Course hole 1. Both blue and Gold tees points towards the water.. haha
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:02 pm

shorthitter wrote:
Ha, you are welcome, what most people dont realise is that course designers will aim the tee boxes into the trees, or water or bunkers on purpose.

If you are not disaplined enough to take your aim properly, that means from behind the ball, then you wil hit into trouble. Then when you do, what is the first thing you do, try and change your swing for the next shot! When in fact you hit dead straight, you just did not aim properly...

You must aim and trust, the simplest of golf lessons......

Haha.. i do that all the time man. For some reason i always align according to the line between the two white balls.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:29 am

Trust in yourself is important... when through a stage tat I cannot align to any target without doubt. once I stop myself from thinking too much and just take my first alignment, I somehow manage to get the ball to where I want...

This is a very good reminder for me since I starting to have the same problem again
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 am

i have included some charts to show why eye alignment is important in conventional setup.

A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 5186201276_79a0f94c38_z

now imagine if we have a camera and a laser tracking device that sits at the ball aimed towards the golfers eye position. this is the main difference between the SAM Putt Lab and the Break30 system jointly developed by Nick Middleton, the inventor of ZEN and Christian Marquardt, the inventor of SAM Putt Lab.

A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 5185597127_4810210003_z

the relevance of eye position can be felt immediately. i have experimented with different eye position and once its off, the result can include involuntary movements, jerky putts, poor distance control, apprehension, lack of commitment, push and pull putts, loss of confidence, etc.

A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 5185599391_666a17f15d_z

the difference is the Break30 system allows us to measure and show the user scientifically and immediately, the results in skills set, setup, correct customised putter and motor training.

i hope this will give you a better idea of what you need to make a constantly better putt.

DGman

Break30 is a proprietary tool of Break30 academy. All rights reserved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman   A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A very big thank you to shorthitter and DGman
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2