Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Congrats to YE YANG !!!

Go down 
+21
redbull
clarencekim
art
watermyforrest
freedrop
Uncle Lau
chocoman
S70B
missmoon
nientsu
Dstruc
JawereZ
Elbry
kwseow
jaketang
Roystonnn
Technospaz
DGman
supra
Duval_S
digdug888
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
digdug888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
digdug888

Congrats to YE YANG !!! Empty
PostSubject: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 am

kUDOS to the man from South Korea that beat Tiger Woods Twice so far !!
the latest was y'day 91 PGA Championships !!

thank you for showing us that we Asians can compete at the highest level and have a shot to beat the World Number one golfer some day !!

Swing
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:36 am

Asian Boleh!!!!! Kimchi definitely Boleh!!!!

Now I have hope.......just that my physique is still slightly smaller then Mr.Yang.

So....will Nike sign-up Mr.Yang now????hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 am

Now we don't have to 'bribe' them to come and make appearances to play against the best players in the world.

Because of Yang today busting Tiger's invincibility (unbeatable when he is leading in a major after 54 rounds - becoming a mantra) PGA golfers in general will be less ethnocentric and parochial believing in their hype about PGA.
I was hoping Danny Lee, another Asian born, will do well but so far nothing yet.
Actually kudos should also goto Thongchai Jaidee who was on the leaderboard (tied for 8th -top Asian) in the first round.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:44 am

sibei ho......
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:46 am

Well done, Yang.

You've not only put Korea and Asia on the map, you've paved the way for many aspiring Asian golfers and wannabe-pros. You've not only taken on Tiger but you've also beaten him at his own game and on his own turf. You've certainly made a difference and for that, we at Golf Republic salute you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:48 am

Duval_S wrote:
Asian Boleh!!!!! Kimchi definitely Boleh!!!!

Now I have hope.......just that my physique is still slightly smaller then Mr.Yang.

So....will Nike sign-up Mr.Yang now????hmmmmmm

It's encouraging to see Asian winning!! cheers
My physique smaller and rounder.. got hope? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:49 am

actually TW oso got half asian ma rite? heehee mai asian par asian hor... heehee

but it shows tht every dog got it's day....

way to go Yang!!!!
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:54 am

jaketang wrote:
actually TW oso got half asian ma rite? heehee mai asian par asian hor... heehee

but it shows tht every dog got it's day....

way to go Yang!!!!

Right on. I guess he won't wear the same 'tiger shirt' anymore when Yang is playing.

http://www.pgatour.com/2009/r/04/28/ap.on_the_fringe/index.html?eref=sitesearch
Back to top Go down
kwseow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kwseow

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 am

salute!
Back to top Go down
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 am

Certain feels good to see an Asian win, especially against someone as good as TW. cheers
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:41 am

What a Shocker !

A good shock it was when I received the news in the morning news !

I LIKE !!!

ASIAN BOLEH !!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 am

I'm a fan of TW. But when asian wins, I'm happier!!!

Asian REPRESENTS!!!!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:59 am

Was reading his interview.....

Apparently, he only took up golf at the age of 19!!! He said his first swing was like a baseball bat swing cos he played baseball.......
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Wow... very impressive..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Watched it at a Houston International Airport Sports Bar this afternoon while waiting for my transit flight. The tension during the match was so great that I couldn't stomach the food I was eating properly.

I must say that if TW lost, its good that an Asian won....very good advertisment for TM too after the way Yang hoisted his golf bag up like a weight lifter. haha.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 pm

nientsu wrote:

Apparently, he only took up golf at the age of 19!!! He said his first swing was like a baseball bat swing cos he played baseball.......

... and he started at a driving range too - dunno if he was just helping to manage it. Regardless, it's a great inspiration that you're never too old to start and that golf is a game that anyone can do well in Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Technospaz wrote:
nientsu wrote:

... and he started at a driving range too - dunno if he was just helping to manage it. Regardless, it's a great inspiration that you're never too old to start and that golf is a game that anyone can do well in Smile

Meaning Mr.Yang took 16 years to reach the major success....like that ...hmmm assuming linear progression and humans are all the same, I should achieved my personal golf goal in 10 years from now (break 85).....walau eh...sian half again
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:01 pm

digdug888 wrote:
kUDOS to the man from South Korea that beat Tiger Woods Twice so far !!
the latest was y'day 91 PGA Championships !!

thank you for showing us that we Asians can compete at the highest level and have a shot to beat the World Number one golfer some day !!

Swing

luckily i taught him my Kiss of death swing
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Congrats to Asian community !!!!! Golf is a Fair Game !!!! Very Happy

ASIAN BOLEH !!!!!!! Very Happy

SINGAPORE BOLEH TOO !!!!!

Hooray
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:18 pm

Korea boleh does not mean Singapore Boleh, unless we buy over YE Yang, KJ Choi, VJ Singh....... using our usual sports strategy. Let's offer them Singapore citizenship, see if they bite.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Haha... did you know that Vijay was refused M'sian citizenship once? Apparently, he had many years ago applied to be a Malaysian citizen but got turned down. This is because his wife, Andrena Seth, is a Malaysian. He had also played (and won) the Malaysian Open in the 80s and worked in Sabah.

Funny... if only he was Malaysian today.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:25 pm

True, like the Table Tennis Team....but i believed one day a Singaporean will win a Major or US PGA etc

I have Faith bro freedrop, just have faith with our Singapore's Boys and Girls....

Beer

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Golf for me is more strategic than brute power. Lots of planning goes into it, course management is vital.

Its not about how far you can drive but more about the short game especially the putting.
Birdie, Par, Bogey. If you have excellent skills in reading the greens, birdie's should not be a problem! What is the point of having long straight drives but comes to putting, cannot make it.

So I would safely says, SG BOLEH !!! No need to buy lah, waste money only, buy also cannot guarantee can WIN !

what do i noe, me juz a noobie .... 2 cents worth, smilez !

cheers
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:39 pm

First Asian to win at Major woo hoo... Way to go Yang!!!

S70B wrote:
I must say that if TW lost, its good that an Asian won....very good advertisment for TM too after the way Yang hoisted his golf bag up like a weight lifter. haha.

I miss GN sales Sad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:09 pm

JawereZ wrote:
Golf for me is more strategic than brute power. Lots of planning goes into it, course management is vital.

Its not about how far you can drive but more about the short game especially the putting.
Birdie, Par, Bogey. If you have excellent skills in reading the greens, birdie's should not be a problem! What is the point of having long straight drives but comes to putting, cannot make it.

So I would safely says, SG BOLEH !!! No need to buy lah, waste money only, buy also cannot guarantee can WIN !

what do i noe, me juz a noobie .... 2 cents worth, smilez !

cheers

Yeah... it's not always a game of power but these days, it's about course management and strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to YE YANG !!!   Congrats to YE YANG !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congrats to YE YANG !!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next