Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Qn on KBS tour shafts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bb2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bb2

Qn on KBS tour shafts Empty
PostSubject: Qn on KBS tour shafts   Qn on KBS tour shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:11 pm

hi all,

Often you would see the aftermarket KBS tour shafts come with the label without indicating if its S or R. So does anybody know how to tell if a KBS tour shaft is stiff or regular flex by counting the steps on the steel?

rgds
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Qn on KBS tour shafts   Qn on KBS tour shafts I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:01 pm

go club fitter and cpm the shaft because some shaft come softer or stiffer depend the brand like nike project x 6.0 in driver come firm (250) not stiff!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Qn on KBS tour shafts   Qn on KBS tour shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:25 pm

folks,

related question to this topic

I am using KBS shaft for the very first time on the recently acquired TM XFT wedges. I find that I hit my TM XFT wedges (54* and 58*) much lower compared to a lower lofted wedge (50*) that is on DG-S400 shaft

based on loft alone, I thought the TM XFT should be higer than my 50* wedge I thought. But not the case for me.

I did search on GolfWRX forum and find a no. of posts suggesting, one can launch KBS shaft much higher than DG shaft.

looks like my experience is the opposite. What's your experience using KBS vs DG?

Note: Distance wise among the 54* (on KBS), 58* (on KBS) and my 50* (on DG), the gaps are acceptable. But I fear in windy conditions, it will affect my 54* vs my 50*
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Qn on KBS tour shafts   Qn on KBS tour shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Ever chk on ur setup and ur swing? I dun think a shaft can affect 8 deg of loft diff.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Qn on KBS tour shafts   Qn on KBS tour shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:49 pm

No lah, Im not suggesting a 8 deg loft change. Just wanna know if you guys experienced a flatter ball flight with the kbs.

but Yes I dun deny my swing is not perfect. Before the tm xft wedges, I was gaming the tm rac wedges which gimme noticeably higher ball flight too.

Eh... Noticed your irons on kbs too...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Qn on KBS tour shafts   Qn on KBS tour shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Yeap, I am a nspro fan actually but finally decided on kbs shafts. Ball flight wise , height of the initial ball flight is lower for the kbs but final height is still about the same.

I am not sure if tenpublic agrees but the kbs on the tm clubs do feel a little different. But I guess may have to do with the weight of the club head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Qn on KBS tour shafts   Qn on KBS tour shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Qn on KBS tour shafts
Page 1 of 1