Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'

Go down 
+17
wl71
mizzy
missmoon
daveaha
JonL_TK
JL_chong
mojojojo
PinkPanther
mloy
longster
TigaWood
mUAr_cHEe
Technospaz
zhenxua
Lion Iron
shamusan
Duval_S
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' Empty
PostSubject: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:40 am

Sigh.......this must give new meaning to 'wasted '

Quote :
According to reports, the Singapore 4x200m freestyle relay team (Arren Quek, Teo Zhen Ren, Jeremy Kevin Matthews, Mattias Ng) was disqualified from their event at the Commonwealth Games 2010 because they did not arrive in time at 3pm to submit their entry.

They only arrived at 3.45pm.

According to the team manager and head coach Ang Peng Siong, It takes about 20 - 30 minutes to reach the swimming complex.

But because of traffic that day it took them 1 hour to reach the complex that day.

"The final was at 6pm, but the squad had left at 2.45pm so that 'the team would not have to wait at the venue for too long before their event', said Ang.

Did they assume the transport system in India would be as efficient as in Singapore? Were they complacent and planned poorly or is this just a case of bad luck?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 8:56 am

IMHO... under normal circumstances i think it would be fair to blame the singapore team for lack of planning / preparation... however in this particular commonwealth games... i think its pretty much fair game to blame the organizing country, thus far everything has been a pretty decent attempt at organizing the worst games in history... it is rather funny actually from an outsiders perspective.
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:15 am

They don't have road lanes marked as "Give Way | CMW Game", nor traffic police to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:25 am

we also late for the infamous ACJC video
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:35 am

zhenxua wrote:
we also late for the infamous ACJC video

Has it been found?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:41 am

still finding gawddamit!!

sttupid company firewalls...
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 10:45 am

I can only say "got good stuff must share"
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Team Manger need to be F...ed good and proper.
Leaving at 2.45pm when date line is at 3pm.
wasting tax payer $$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:12 pm

use vtunnel.com
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:14 pm

If they left 15 minutes before the deadline, they deserve their fate.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:24 pm

seebayho wrote:

I agree with you. What kind of Team Manager is that. tsk tsk..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:30 pm

mloy wrote:
seebayho wrote:

Mloy is never late... she comes on time.

Like at last week's lunch.

She was punctual.

On time!

OMG!
Back to top Go down
PinkPanther
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
PinkPanther

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:31 pm

They should have hired an Indian Team Manager
Back to top Go down
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
mojojojo

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Technospaz wrote:
If they left 15 minutes before the deadline, they deserve their fate.

left 15 mins before the submission deadline? Must be kidding!! Always talk so much b4 the game. Haven't start alr lose liao.
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:38 pm

mloy wrote:
seebayho wrote:

Yah lor, still can say that they usually will give some allowance... Total no sense of puntuality and irresponsible... All the fforts and training and the atheletes chances of winning all goes to the drain just because of the coach for being late?!... What rubbish... He should be made fully responsible... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Maybe they left late cos they were busy with before competition extra activities!!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:39 pm

He obviously doesn't drive into JB to play golf.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Maybe they left late cos they were busy with before competition extra activities!!!

ROFL like playing with the condoms. Making water bombs from it. Hooray
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Read today's straits times... all sort of excuses... to be with the swimmers as long as he can, register as late as possible in case there's injuries so that he can make adjustments....

wah lau, its a competition leh, where got so many last minute?... Damn lamn...
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:52 pm

mloy wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:

ROFL like playing with the condoms. Making water bombs from it. Hooray

Are they there for competition or one big romp ???

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Sports/Story/A1Story20101007-241170.html

Thousands of condoms clog Games village drains
Thu, Oct 07, 2010
Reuters

NEW DELHI, Oct 7 (Reuters) - Thousands of flushed condoms threaten to choke the Commonwealth Games village's drainage system, media reports said, in the latest problem to hit the venue from hidden snakes to outbreaks of dengue.

Games organisers, who won a race against time to ready the village, are now battling to clear clogged drains after thousands of non-biodegradeable contraceptives were flushed down toilets in the first week of the event.

"If that is happening, it shows that there is use of condoms and I think that is a very positive story. Athletes are being responsible," Commonwealth Games Federation President Mike Fennell told a news conference on Thursday.

"We all know that encouraging safe sex is a very important thing to do."

Games organisers had provided 8,000 free condoms in the village, and the provision appears to be in high demand. One official told the Mail Today newspaper on Thursday that over 4,000 had already been snapped up by eager athletes.

Shoddy construction work, fears over an outbreak of dengue fever and worries about security had meant many teams delayed their move into the village before the Games began. However, blame for the latest problem lies firmly with the athletes.

Following a decision to provide free condoms at the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona, it has become something of a tradition.

At the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000, athletes quickly used up the 70,000 free condoms provided, forcing organisers to supply another 20,000, while at the 2004 Games in Athens, the provision was doubled to 130,000.

At both the Beijing Games in 2008, and the Vancouver Winter Olympics in February, 100,000 condoms were provided for athletes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/commonwealth-games-2010/news/Singapore-coach-apologises-after-disqualification-blunder/articleshow/6711160.cms

Quote :
The swimmers had qualified for the final, but Ang cut it too fine to get the team list in and was left the bearer of bad news. "I did what I could to get there on time. I can't control the traffic. If you want to point fingers, then so be it," Ang told the Straits Times.

Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:01 pm

missmoon wrote:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/commonwealth-games-2010/news/Singapore-coach-apologises-after-disqualification-blunder/articleshow/6711160.cms

Quote :
The swimmers had qualified for the final, but Ang cut it too fine to get the team list in and was left the bearer of bad news. "I did what I could to get there on time. I can't control the traffic. If you want to point fingers, then so be it," Ang told the Straits Times.

Still not remorseful some more... Can't control traffic... if you want to point finger so be it?... Wat lousy comments made by him... He sounded like an 10 years old kid man... Mad
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:04 pm

missmoon wrote:

Quote :

I believe this is just a ploy to protect the swimmers.

After reading all the horror stories about all the British and Australian swimmer falling sick after swimming, I'd rather do this also to protect the swimmers.... Can't back out due to hygiene reason can they ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 pm

interesting POV..
Back to top Go down
wl71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
wl71

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Whatever reasons he may have, let's hope the governing body buys it. 15 mins for travel time and preparation will only sound right if the venue is right next door!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'   Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duh!!!! LAte for 'Tee off'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next