Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!

Go down 
+32
simoner
Technospaz
JohnBGLee
zhenxua
nutty88
Exigence78
mizzy
Birdman
bomby
mloy
punkrockpga
skybobo
benhogan
pippin
sandkie
Gray
syard-txv
4dtoto
Ssquirrel
garfield
dmateo
klt8144
Agumon
watermyforrest
and68low
alvin7379
Duval_S
ChrisD
peace2903
shamusan
asahi
duffader
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:41 pm

Mine is 20. But still have to play blue cos most of my kakis all below 18.
Got one of them has 1.9 hcp but still wan to ask strokes from me... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:53 pm

- My experience with a dishonest player is during a tournament is his ball goes into the water.
I am talking about Par three.
Instead of playing from the drop zone, he tee up another ball again. Tee off and ball landed on the green. 2 putts. He pen down "par". I refused to sign his card.
A man with no integrity. Evil or Very Mad

- One even says if you want a HIO, I can sign for you !. Believe it.

- Respect the game, Respect yourself.

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:16 pm

zhenxua wrote:
I'm a 20 hcp, but boh pian all my friends want to play blue tee, so I cheat a bit push my hcp to 17.5

**cou*buaya*gh**
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:37 pm

duffader wrote:
Sorry guys, just have to vent my fustration today. I happen to join my friend for a game in Malaysia today. I cannot believe my eyes, one of the flight mates, used blade irons, and alot of tour stuff and claim he is a single hcpper. So i was looking for a day which i will learn quite a few tips from this strong golfer... but instead, i come to realise that he is a unhonest golfer. Hole which he blow, he writes bogey, and those putts that we save give, he didnt consider that given stroke as a stroke. I am utterly disgusted with such golfers. There is no shame playing big headed clubs, or normal stock regular shaft. But to play a game with those high end equipment and don't write the real scores..... that is really disgusting. Buayas i know but this kind of golfer... i got no words for it...

Take it easy bro, there are lots of them out there including in competition.
There's someone I know who behave just like that, and recently he came in among the top 3 in a competition. Everyone doubted his real ability and termed his victory as "Merchant Discount" just like credit cards Very Happy

There are also those who would kick their ball in the rough in order get a better lie to hit their ball.

End of the day, it's their own reputation at stake.

Anyway, agree with you that it is very TL to play with such players!

Respect the game, respect your flight mates
Back to top Go down
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 10:19 am

True. Anyway, here is my experience as i do bring alot of my friends out on the golf course to play when they have just picked up the game and are improving.

I realised that alot of times, it happens naturally for them to declare a lower score.

So what i have done is to subtly announce everyones scores after each hole. If they want a lower score, or "thought" they had a lower score, you can count with them in a jovial manner.

They will then go, " ahhh ...ya ya i forgot. paiseh".

After you do this long enough, it will be knocked into their heads and their fundamentals of mathematics should improve Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 10:56 am

Fortunately (or unfortunately), golf is a game you really play with yourself. You are accountable for your own game, your own score and your own attitude towards the sport. How you play reflects on you.

A lot of it is based on trust. I've made mistakes in my time and I'm not proud of them.

Ultimately, if you're a good golfer, it will show beyond your scorecard. If you're a bad golfer, it won't make a difference how how many scorecards you produce.

And if you're a buaya... well, all I can say is OMG!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:22 am

I don get it....why does one want to declare a lower score ...knowingly? If theres wager on the line, then no chance coz eyes will be on each.

But if social, quote lower score for what? Its macam, telling people that one is billionaire and cant back it up.......same as golf.
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:18 pm

During my years of golfing I had came across many cases of blatant cheating/dishonesty, worst of all, once they were exposed they will give excuses and reasons for doing it - famous line is "I did not know" sound familiar right?
The bottom line is, once they are being caught or exposed they are branded for life, like Cattle waiting to be slaughter and his kahkis/golfers will avoid him like a plague - which I think it is the ultimate "punishment" one can get in a society !

Some Examples :

1. Charity games, they will form a own group and all come back with ridiculous scores like 15 under.

2. Lost ball deep in the woods, like magic they are found and best of all, the ball always lies in the open and have a nice open angle to the target.

3. Changing scores after marker had marked and signed.

4. Stableford competition, regardless of double peoria system or what ever, for the incomplete hole he will mark a score which will reflect no points(very honest) but like always most competition there is a Best Gross prize, the golfer will still proudly collect his prize(I dont know its not allowed leh!)

5. Reporting higher hcp for the tournament has alway been the most consistent breech but luckily, most Tournament Director of the day will do a checked, but unfortunately some Tournament Directors even when they found out the inherent hcp, they still turn a blind eye for fear of more work!

Above all, are some examples of my real life golfing experienced I had encountered, sadly all these are fundamentals of a person in a society and golf ........ maybe these could be the reason, Singapore standard of golfing is getting nowwhere near our neighbours .... personally I believe that once we cannot master the fundamental of life like honesty, graciousness,sportmanship and kindness, golfing in homeland are doom to fail in all aspects ! You might feel I am harsh in my opinion, but in reality, any sports which do not cultivate the importance of fundamentals, than we will get nowhere! As karma is there to hunt back at them!
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:36 pm

okok Capt... after reading your remarks... I reflected upon myself... and I think I should come clean in this forum... I'm not 12.5 hcap... I'm actually 24...

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:05 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
okok Capt... after reading your remarks... I reflected upon myself... and I think I should come clean in this forum... I'm not 12.5 hcap... I'm actually 24...

Laughing

Ha ha... its ok with me... try playing with 24.. you end up a 24 your whole life.. remember the last sentence about the karma thingy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:00 pm

and68low wrote:
alvin7379 wrote:

Laughing

Ha ha... its ok with me... try playing with 24.. you end up a 24 your whole life.. remember the last sentence about the karma thingy! Very Happy

wahh.... something tells me to do lots of mountain training....
Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
ewyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Maybe he did not see before how a single handicaper played this beautiful game. Actually if this is the way he wrote score. Anyone can be a single handicapper.

No wonder, they told me, no matter how good/bad you are, you still end up losing to a good writer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 pm

I also need to make a confession. Sometimes I do make mistakes in counting my strokes but they are genuine errors which I have no intention of cheating. To those bros I played with before, please forgive me if you happened to be in my flight. I will do my best to count correctly next time, I promise!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:58 am

Totally agreed w bro and68low. Very Happy
Karma! Wat comes around goes around! Arrow
It happened to me in my early serious years (7yrs back) while holdg a hcp 24! Was invited to clubs mthly medals n some charity competition! Flight mate re playg ball fm water hazard, thick rough, OB, lost ball, comes out best score n win!! What a Face
I ve learnt since n tats wat I named: desperate golfer! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!   Golfers, respect the game when you play the game! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfers, respect the game when you play the game!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3