Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups Empty
PostSubject: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Rule 33-3 states that "The Committee must establish the times of starting and in stroke play, arrange the groups in which competitors must play".

Question - if the tournament flight list specifically states that Competitor A is in Division B, under what circumstances OR established golf rules, Competitor A is awarded the NETT CHAMPION of Division A ?

Regards,
ethee
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:53 pm

Sounds illogical to declare a winner from a different division lei, unless he/she is the overall tournament nett champion. There is a rule on this? I am interested to know too...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Same here, it doesn't make any sense. From Div B but declared as Div A winner?????
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:03 pm

samT wrote:
Sounds illogical to declare a winner from a different division lei, unless he/she is the overall tournament nett champion. There is a rule on this? I am interested to know too...

Each division had a NETT Champion each.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:35 pm

I understand. I was reffering to possibly a best nett, regardless of division. Anyway, what kind of kuku tournament is this that declare a winner in the wrong division?
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:38 pm

i thgt the norm is nett champ for every div then have best gross ?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:48 pm

If each div have a nett champion then Competitor A should have been Div B champion then what the fish is he doing as a Div A ?

Could the Competitor A's grouping switched during the start of the game by organizers and not informed to everyone?
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:23 am

Due to bad weather, the tournament was delayed for an hour. To speed things up, organisers decided that Div A participants also tee-off from white (instead of blue as originally planned). Div B tee-off from white as planned.

I was not there but was told there was no mention abt this switch during prize presentation.

Anyway, i jus' wanna find out if there is any golf rule that allow such switching OR its up to organisers to decide. To me, its not logical but i will still respect the committee's decision if there isn't a golf rule to abide to. I want to have a clear understanding so i can explain to "i" and perhaps highlight this to organisers so they can be more aware in future events.

Thanks.

Regards,
ethee
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:38 am

jaketang wrote:
i thgt the norm is nett champ for every div then have best gross ?

Yes, they had Best Gross.
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Managed to establish some understanding with the organisers. A case of organisers' decision given the conditions of event but decision delivered in an impromtu manner.

Competitor A gets promoted to A-division after consecutive wins in the junior and B-division.

Case closed.

Regards,
ethee
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Me dun like amateur compos with no divisions and ONLY overall nett & gross winners.

No chance for higher handicappers to win anything unless win something at novelty prize holes like nearest to pin or even HIO and lucky draw prizes during the after-game dinner/luncheons.

System 36 and Peoria scoring is okay but a bit of sheer chance (wheel of fortune) is involved with winning them oftentimes.

Still, playing any type of golf tourny is better than not playing at all.

CK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups   Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule 33-3 Times of Starting and Groups
Page 1 of 1