Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ? Empty
PostSubject: Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?   Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Hi,
my friend showed me his preown putter he bought recently. At the Shaft just below the grip, it is a hologram sticker. I checked mine and it has a serial number.

Could the Scotty experts here advise if his is authentic ? But I must say, the overall quality is similar to mine.

Sorry if the picture not very clear as it was taken with my mobile phone.

Many thanks !

https://2img.net/h/i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv275/cmclee/Golf/ScottyStudioSelectNP2.jpg

Back to top Go down
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?   Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:31 pm

If u have doubt over the 2nd hand purchase, try contacting Acushnet (Titleist local agent) and enquire can they authenticate. 2nd option, go to a club fitter u trust and ask his/her opinions. I dont think anyone in this forum dare to comment the authenticity based on 1 pics u showed.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?   Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 pm

with this badly taken picture...even mr cameron cannot tell....LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
cmclee

PostSubject: Re: Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?   Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Sorry Guys.. what I was trying to ask is whether all original/authentic scotty putters will have the serial numbers (laser etched) on the shaft near the grip area. My friend's putter only has a hologram sticker with no serial number. Does scotty come in both versions ?
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?   Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 pm

I thou shaft can be changed? confused
I did see lots of authentic scotty without the hologram sticker Suspect
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?   Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:14 pm

come to think of it...i dont remember any hologram but i do not know if its a feature thats available in different countries..but one think is for sure...

the poorly fake ones have the sticker at the front and not the back where it should be..

if you can show me a close up of the putter face and sole, i will be able to tell.....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?   Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this Authentic Scotty Studio Select ?
Page 1 of 1