Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sunnydaze
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5 Empty
PostSubject: Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5   Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:18 pm

I have a Studio Design 2.5 in stock 35". I feel that the head is rather light compare with a Select 35". I tried to find information on the head weight in Scotty web site and others to no avail. Anyone has any info on this?
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5   Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:44 pm

if im not wrong, the older scotty camerons came only in 35inches, with 330g headweight.

the studio select models come in 33, 34 and 35 inches, with 360g, 350g and 340g respectively. I'm assuming that the select models follow this configuration

if so, then yes, the headweight of your select is 10g heavier than your studio design

in addition, depending on the condition of your studio design eg whether it has been refinished or not, the headweight may be further reduced.

finally, check also if your current grip on ur studio design is the stock studio design grip. the stock grip is very light which will give the putter a heavier swing weight. if u'v changed the grip to a heavier one, then it will feel even lighter

hope it helps
Back to top Go down
sunnydaze
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5   Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks a ton for the info bro.

I got this from a kaki last year. My swing with this putter is really crap. Ok, my swing with any putter is crap! It's super stock in very good condition except for the missing divot repair tool.

I did not own a Select but tried my friend's and did the comparison. Feels more steady with a heavier head. My putter stance is very upright and if I hold the Studio Desigh right to the end, the toe is really hi. Guess a 34" will be better. Hmmm........maybe should change to plumber neck too.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5   Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head weight of Scotty Studio Design 2.5
Page 1 of 1