Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!

Go down 
+20
mizzy
ChrisD
kg7068
bomby
ahdan78
eiji
mloy
PK
rangereye
blee67
Tian
golfjoy
joleelyn
Hayn
Birdman
tohkh
Duval_S
TheFocalPoint
asahi
Aloyboy
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! Empty
PostSubject: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:26 pm

YESS!! i have just passed my courtesy rd today! FINALLY!! Long long waited!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Bro, thot you low hc player all along!?

Still, congrats man!
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:17 pm

haha me not low hc la...
hahah thx anyways!
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Doesn't everyone pass? Well, assuming you don't hit the instructor on the head with a flying 7-iron anyway... Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey Aloyboy,

First of all, to think that you need to go thru this is totally ridiculous.

Secondly, you been playing in NSRCC rite...so what the deal with needing to go thru this rd?
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Dunno why must have this, and dunno when ill be able to do this.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:34 pm

asahi wrote:
Bro, thot you low hc player all along!?

Still, congrats man!

Does one need to have a driving licence to prove you can drive? ROFL

Congratulations on getting the etiquette right in your courtesy round aloyboy.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 pm

tohkh wrote:

The courtesy round is just that, about courtesy on the course. No one says you must say please or thank you, just as it's not part of the rules to apply courtesy on the course, BUT, it should and must apply since a new golfer like yourself is probably not aware of the following courtesies on course conduct.

Wait till the flight in front is clear before you tee off

To shout 'fore' or 'ball' as a warning loud enough for the golfers in front to hear should your ball head dangerously in someone's direction.

Keep up with the flight in front so as not too delay the flights behind you.

Allow flights from behind playing faster than you to play through should you be holding them up for more than five minutes for any reason.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Rake the bunkers, repair ballmarks, replace divots, standing behind players, keeping silent and still while another is about to hit, being ready to hit the moment it's your turn, not stepping on another's line, dragging feet on the green.....

Need I go on tohkh? How many of the few I've just mentioned are you aware of? Very Happy

Treat your courtesy round with as much respect as you expect from others, the courtesy round is an important one that teaches you only the very basics so you will respect other golfers as much as you would expect them to respect you.

More importantly, it teaches you to respect and care for the course which in turn will reward you with course conditions you would love to return and play on.

Too many have forgotten that golf is a gentleman's game.

Have I answered your question tohkh? Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayn
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Hayn

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:05 pm

[Too many have forgotten that golf is a gentleman's game]

YOu've pointed out one of the or THE spirit of the game..
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Birdman wrote:
tohkh wrote:

The courtesy round is just that, about courtesy on the course. No one says you must say please or thank you, just as it's not part of the rules to apply courtesy on the course, BUT, it should and must apply since a new golfer like yourself is probably not aware of the following courtesies on course conduct.

To shout 'fore' or 'ball' as a warning loud enough for the golfers in front to hear should your ball head dangerously in someone's direction.

Allow flights from behind playing faster than you to play through should you be holding them up for more than five minutes for any reason.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Rake the bunkers, repair ballmarks, replace divots, standing behind players, keeping silent and still while another is about to hit, being ready to hit the moment it's your turn, not stepping on another's line, dragging feet on the green.....

Need I go on tohkh? How many of the few I've just mentioned are you aware of? Very Happy

Treat your courtesy round with as much respect as you expect from others, the courtesy round is an important one that teaches you only the very basics so you will respect other golfers as much as you would expect them to respect you.

More importantly, it teaches you to respect and care for the course which in turn will reward you with course conditions you would love to return and play on.

And may I add......declare one's handicap truthfully!.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:13 pm

asahi wrote:

And may I add......declare one's handicap truthfully!.

lol!

Bro, that one lost cause oredi. ROFL

You'll have more success getting the sun to rise in the west and set in the east. geek
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 pm

yay aloy!!
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:51 pm

Birdman wrote:
tohkh wrote:

Yes I know all of them and I've always done all of them on the course! =)
There's also things like declaring ball which is used to prevent hitting wrong balls, and other general things such as helping other golfers including those not in yr flight etc etc.....
thanks for your reply! it's great to hear from other experienced members!

haha..... im not against the courtesy round, just that it's sometimes a hassle to arrange for it. =/
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Hayn wrote:

But how quickly we forget.... Crying or Very sad

Which is why the few that remember should always endeavour to help our newer brethren.

Wah... is it Sunday already? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:57 pm

tohkh wrote:

Yes I know all of them and I've always done all of them on the course! =)
There's also things like declaring ball which is used to prevent hitting wrong balls, and other general things such as helping other golfers including those not in yr flight etc etc.....
thanks for your reply! it's great to hear from other experienced members!

haha..... im not against the courtesy round, just that it's sometimes a hassle to arrange for it. =/

Cool tohkh! Two thumbs up for you man! Very Happy

Hassle to arrange, true... but not as much hassle to wake up at 5am for golf in JB right? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:04 am

I was thinking what "Courtesy Road" is about .... So desu~~

Thanks to Birdman for the explanation. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tian
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tian

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:11 am

Bro finally no "Please tee off from the white tee box" sign on our buggy ever again...

Great job.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:09 am

Congrats Bro.
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 am

HAHA!!

thx guys.. wondering wat index will i get =P good putt
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:39 am

Birdman wrote:
Hayn wrote:

But how quickly we forget.... Crying or Very sad

Which is why the few that remember should always endeavour to help our newer brethren.

Wah... is it Sunday already? ROFL

Yo Bird, itching to get saddamed ah!?

Hehe ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:33 am

A Scud missile up my behind is too big a wedgie for me to swallow, no thanks. White Flag
Back to top Go down
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
rangereye

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:42 am

I second Asahi's motion!!! cheers cheers

"Fren-ly" game with Birdman .... All of us agst him and his bird family that comprise nothing less than his birdies cousins, eagles nephews, albatross uncles....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
rangereye

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:42 am

opps, almost forgot...

CONGRATS ALOYBOY!!! Now get back to the blue tee to tee off.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 am

rangereye wrote:
I second Asahi's motion!!! cheers cheers

"Fren-ly" game with Birdman .... All of us agst him and his bird family that comprise nothing less than his birdies cousins, eagles nephews, albatross uncles....... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Haha... bro, you disappear off the face of the earth for so long, then suddenly hatch from dunno which egg and spout instigating words like that... how can?

When you hatch, first thing you must say is 'Mummy' or 'Daddy' right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:54 am

golfjoy wrote:
I was thinking what "Courtesy Road" is about .... So desu~~

Thanks to Birdman for the explanation. cheers

Ur welcome, and by the way it's Courtesy Round. No colour cannot see ah? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!   PASSED MY COURTESY RD!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PASSED MY COURTESY RD!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next