Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger Empty
PostSubject: How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger   How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:36 am

hmmm, what you think, is it ok for ex-coach to reveal such? First was Tiger's one nite too many stands...now Butch.....seems like Tiger needs to get folks to sign NDA.

Quote :

This spring at the Players Championship, Harmon detailed four examples of Woods' slick tricks to CBSSports.com. A few tricks of the trade, Tiger style:

Before large galleries, when on the green, Woods will often putt out first. That means the crowd moves to the next tee while the other player is still finishing the hole, creating an annoying distraction. That ploy wouldn't have worked very well Sunday. Mickelson kept making putts from everywhere.

Woods likes to lag back and get to the tee box second, so that the crowd screams loudest, and last, for him.

Harmon said Woods intentionally walks quickly when playing with slow players and slowly when playing with fast competitors. Most people would never notice.

Harmon said Woods sometimes hits 3-wood off the tee on driver holes, just to make the other player have to stand around for a few minutes. "You have your momentum and adrenaline going, and he slows down and makes you wait," the coach said.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger   How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:03 am

well.. that certainly brings new meaning to the TOTAL game Tiger plays..
many players in his flight on sunday all talk about the crowd intimidation.. I guess there is not just play the game.. there is playing your opponent..

and from an earlier post by another bro in other thread:
what about the part where the course shoots back.. how does that work?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger   How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 am

"Harmon said Woods sometimes hits 3-wood off the tee on driver holes, just to make the other player have to stand around for a few minutes. "You have your momentum and adrenaline going, and he slows down and makes you wait," the coach said. "

I don understand this......hmmm..............Can anyone explain??
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger   How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:22 am

well if you drive further than Tiger and walk to your ball, you will have to play after him.
if you have adrenalin pumping and are on a high, you want to carry the momentum.

if i delay you and trip your rhythm, you lose your high..

sort of like when you play behind a slow flight.. you get frustrated waiting for them to clear the green, then you take your next shot and duff or top.. you feel frustrated?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger   How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:34 am

This is so insightful.

Now got 1 more reason to fall back on for those top/duff approach shots i.e blame the slow flight in front. Razz

But seriously, this may be true.
How many times have we driven well, only to end up waiting eons before we can hit the 2nd shots?
After the long wait, hit a poor shot.
Blame it on loss of momentum/adrenaline?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger   How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Butch tot he could teach to beat Tiger
Page 1 of 1