Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???

Go down 
+10
joleelyn
pushslice
botak
Tituman
spoonsports
ralphlim
poresia
foolwalking
eiji
civicxtreme
14 posters
AuthorMessage
civicxtreme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? Empty
PostSubject: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Posted to Japan for 1 month - wondering if there is any recommendation to shop for golf items locally?
Thanks!

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:48 pm

If I go Tokyo the last thing I wanna be asking is where to buy golf stuff. You should be asking where are the gaijin soaplands
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
civicxtreme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 pm

eiji wrote:
If I go Tokyo the last thing I wanna be asking is where to buy golf stuff. You should be asking where are the gaijin soaplands

Muahahahaa....
Back to top Go down
foolwalking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
foolwalking

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:22 am

Bro Victoria Golf in Shinjuku (It's beside Takashimaya Time Square @ Shinjuku JR East exit) is a must-visit. 7 floors of golf kit to shop. But my personal recommendation is the pre-owned golf kit. Golfeffort and Festival Golf are cool places for cool kit (www.golfeffort.co.jp) and www.festivalgolf.jp are the links.

In addition, you can walk around the Shimbashi/UENO area. There are quite a few golf shops there for proper Jap kit...
Back to top Go down
civicxtreme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:44 am

foolwalking wrote:
Bro Victoria Golf in Shinjuku (It's beside Takashimaya Time Square @ Shinjuku JR East exit) is a must-visit. 7 floors of golf kit to shop. But my personal recommendation is the pre-owned golf kit. Golfeffort and Festival Golf are cool places for cool kit (www.golfeffort.co.jp) and www.festivalgolf.jp are the links.

In addition, you can walk around the Shimbashi/UENO area. There are quite a few golf shops there for proper Jap kit...

Wah....thanks bro. That should keep me busy Laughing

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
foolwalking
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
foolwalking

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:15 am

No prob bro ... you should have fun ogling at the clubs as well as the pretty Jap ladies Smile
Back to top Go down
civicxtreme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:21 am

foolwalking wrote:
No prob bro ... you should have fun ogling at the clubs as well as the pretty Jap ladies Smile

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 am

E golf wear at shinjuku takashimaya, isetan n couple of big dept stores around shinjuku train station r awesome. Wide range of selection ESP for ladies although quite expensive. Lots of models of golf wear Tat Singapore dun hv. I m crazy about pearly gates. The brand worn by momoko Ueda. Real cool.

At Victoria shinjuku, u can even print your own name on golf balls.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:43 am

If you are in TYO for 1 month, suggest you also make a trip to Gotemba premium outlets (around a 2hr bus ride fr Shinjuku JR), its like Factory outlet in the USA but Jap style, got TM Factory outlet for cheaper price as compared to city and many other premium non-golf brands

Victoria Golf is quite a good shop also, many brands and jap models...

Ginza area got 1 big TM store, quite cool also... nearest JR station is Yutakucho station

There is also a Golf Alley (small golf shops) at Ameyoko Street near the Okachimachi station
Back to top Go down
spoonsports
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
spoonsports

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:48 am

eiji wrote:

It is at Yoshi-wara
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:55 am

At shinjuku Victoria, chk our the racks by the staircase. U can find gd buys there. I bought a JL white Bermuda at 50% off and they hv my size!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:03 am

ralphlim wrote:
If you are in TYO for 1 month, suggest you also make a trip to Gotemba premium outlets (around a 2hr bus ride fr Shinjuku JR), its like Factory outlet in the USA but Jap style, got TM Factory outlet for cheaper price as compared to city and many other premium non-golf brands

Victoria Golf is quite a good shop also, many brands and jap models...

Ginza area got 1 big TM store, quite cool also... nearest JR station is Yutakucho station

There is also a Golf Alley (small golf shops) at Ameyoko Street near the Okachimachi station

Gotemba was the place where I bought my special Edition Adidas golf shoe.
Nike Golf is there too. Quite a few other not so popular golf brands there also.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 pm

Great tips on shopping in Tokyo. Many thanks. This Gotemba looks damn promising, macam US style outlets... cool!

http://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/en/gotemba/
Back to top Go down
civicxtreme
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Whooohooo.......superb information guys!
Hmmm.....now, my wife gonna KILL me lol!
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:18 pm

i told my wife about gotemba... she's loving me more... dunno whether to be happy or sad
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:25 pm

im still in tokyo and I just bought the TM Burner TP 2010 at Victoria Golf Shinjuku for $550 cheaper than Tourspecgolf. This club is sooo damn nice i blew my budget and will have to do some WTS back in Spore!

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/Taylormade-Japan-2010-Burner-TP-Iron-5-PW

Saw VR forged blades selling for $550 at Jypers Ginza...have few gems if you can find them
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Any headcovers?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:44 pm

@ Pushslice....you the MAN!!!!!!!

Damm chio!!
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Bro,
I went to Isetan Shinjuku last week, over at the Men's section. The golf section ooks quite huge, but didn't have the time to go there. May want to try your luck there. It's at Shinjuku-sanchome.

Went to Victoria golf too in Shinjuku... but can only spent 10 min wihtout buying anything there.

While you're there, you can go to Phiten Shops too (if you're Phiten fan). The items there are 30-40% cheaper comparing to Singapore pricing.... there's one shop at Shinjuku (nearer to Harajuku actually), and a couple of shops in Ginza....

Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Gotemba is okay... not the best!!!
Items not as cheap as US outlets... Nice Puma gear though
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 am

Wat a timely thread. Going Toyko next week and will be visiting the Gotemba outlet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???   Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any place to shop for golf stuffz in Tokyo???
Page 1 of 1