Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf shop in Tokyo?

Go down 
+12
Ant
TLHENG
Derek
shimizu.toruk
simoner
reallys
dukes4
xlr871
yaozza07
pocketace
aze06
Gymrat76
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Golf shop in Tokyo? Empty
PostSubject: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Hey all

A friend told me there's a golf shop in Ueno Market Tokyo that sells brands like Miura etc. Anyone know where exactly to find this shop, or the name of this shop? (My friend couldn't remember). Or any other shops in the Tokyo area with good selection and prices for JDM stuff. Thinking of getting a wedge set and other odds and ends when I'm there in Feb Smile
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi TS, Ueno area has plenty of golf shops.  But will need to do a little searching around in the area.
For new clubs you can try Kotobuki Golf or Festival Golf.  Google for their websites.

In that area, there are also some smaller shops that sells both new and used clubs.  It's just across the JR Station Okachimachi.  Almost all of them are within the first 200m of the start of the street.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 2:58 pm

aze06 wrote:
Hi TS, Ueno area has plenty of golf shops.  But will need to do a little searching around in the area.
For new clubs you can try Kotobuki Golf or Festival Golf.  Google for their websites.

In that area, there are also some smaller shops that sells both new and used clubs.  It's just across the JR Station Okachimachi.  Almost all of them are within the first 200m of the start of the street.

Have fun!

Thank you! I've been advised to leave my credit card behind haha
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Check out niki golf and the golf shops opposite and adjacent to it

http://www.cheaptokyogolf.com/blog/ueno-golf-stores
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 am

3-4th floor ameyoko centre in Ueno street market, new not really cheap but used quite competitive. Their used equipment still pretty good condition
Back to top Go down
xlr871
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
xlr871

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 am

Victoria across shinjuku station is golf heaven. 7 floors with certain floor withe one brand only, amazing selection and you wont want to leave Smile
Back to top Go down
dukes4
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Hope I can have a trip there next year
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Oh boy! Looking forward to my trip! Think I'll be bringing an extra golf bag full of clubs home! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Off to Tokyo on an urgent trip, I will provide feedback if I get a chance to go to the golf shops.
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 12:59 pm

reallys, did you manage to hit the shops in Tokyo?

Heading there this week, specifically looking for XXIO fairway woods and Miura wedges, K grind.. anyone know where to find these? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 2:12 pm

I do my golf shopping in BIC Camera departmental store in Shinjuku (the one that's opposite of Isetan). 

Level B2 is all golf stuff.  You can claim tax refund plus 2% discount for payments made by Visa or Union Pay.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 2:52 pm

simoner wrote:
I do my golf shopping in BIC Camera departmental store in Shinjuku (the one that's opposite of Isetan). 

Level B2 is all golf stuff.  You can claim tax refund plus 2% discount for payments made by Visa or Union Pay.

Bro Simoner - You mean the one with Uniqlo beside it?
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 3:20 pm

XXIO is easy to find everywhere in Tokyo golf shops, BIC Camera has them. There's also a big shop in one of the electronic stores in Akihabara. That's where I am at the moment lol. Miura on the other hand is proving difficult in normal golf shops i.e. fitting clubs. I'm here till later this week Smile
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 3:34 pm

reallys wrote:
XXIO is easy to find everywhere in Tokyo golf shops, BIC Camera has them. There's also a big shop in one of the electronic stores in Akihabara. That's where I am at the moment lol. Miura on the other hand is proving difficult in normal golf shops i.e. fitting clubs. I'm here till later this week Smile

Great! If you can remember, how much roughly were the XXIO fairway woods (8 series 3&5 wood). Thanks!
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Golf shop in Tokyo? Image11
XXIO is not a brand I use, so no idea... However I am working out of a office 300m away from the shop in Akihabara, if I get a chance I will have a look and report findings.
Smile
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 4:24 pm

shimizu.toruk wrote:
simoner wrote:

Yup!

I bought my Ping i25 there about $150 cheaper than in SIN.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 4:36 pm

simoner wrote:
shimizu.toruk wrote:
simoner wrote:

Yup!

I bought my Ping i25 there about $150 cheaper than in SIN.

Thanks for the tip! Been there a couple of times, but have been only going up, and not down Shocked

Will definitely check it out when I'm there (hopefully soon).
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks. Will be doing lots of shopping!

Question: For those who buy clubs from overseas, do you get the shop to pack into a box with padding then check it in? And do you get taxed upon return to Singapore? (I'm not bringing my golf bag, else will just throw in and check in)
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 5:24 pm

I have bought clubs from here before and they do package it in a box with bubble wrap. As for tax,

There are four broad categories of dutiable goods in Singapore.  They are:

• Intoxicating liquors, including spirits, wine, beer, ale, stout and porter.  Beverages and liquors consumed for health reasons and used for cooking are dutiable if the alcoholic strength by volume exceeds 0.5%, such as Shandy, bottled alcoholic cocktail drinks, D.O.M, Yomeishu, samsoo and rice wine.

• Tobacco products, including cigarettes and cigars.

• Motor vehicles, including motorised bicycles

• Petroleum products, including gasoline, petrol and motor fuel.

More; http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trav/Customs+Clearance+Procedure.html

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 6:12 pm

I believe the Tax you get hit with for incoming stuff is GST?
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Why don't you just buy a golf bag and put in your new set of clubs and looks as though you are back from a golf trip.  cost of the bag, I think will be cheaper than the GST!
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 5:25 pm

TLHENG wrote:
Why don't you just buy a golf bag and put in your new set of clubs and looks as though you are back from a golf trip.  cost of the bag, I think will be cheaper than the GST!

Will also get charged for additional bag ma, I'm going with my wife and between 2 of us we have 2 suitcases and 1 carry on already  scratch
Back to top Go down
reallys
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
reallys

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Xxio 8 series woods jpy44570 each
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:02 pm

reallys wrote:
Xxio 8 series woods jpy44570 each

affraid affraid affraid

Thanks man.. not a lot of difference from here.. maybe will look for second hand....
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 11:12 pm

If you looking for new or used clubs, try Golf Partners near Tokyo Station. They can help you do tax rebates against your purchases. . So bring your passport along. A Japanese utility wood I bought brand new was 20% cheaper than in Singapore (after discount and tax rebates).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf shop in Tokyo?   Golf shop in Tokyo? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf shop in Tokyo?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next