Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie saying hihi

Go down 
+2
wilkang
jeffman88
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:11 am

Hi all
Am new to this forum.. Am signed up as a student at Asian Golf Academy just finished 7th lesson.
Had zero knowledge about golf when i first started about 2 months ago and am beginning to get the knack of the swing tho its still a way to go.
Cheers
J alien
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:31 am

Hi Jeff..Welcome to GR..Enjoy your stay with us.

Feel free to join us for our weekly range sessions at MBGC every wednesdays, 8pm onwards.

Have fun swinging Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:13 am

Good to see you found us, welcome... and don't leave anytime soon you hear? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:33 am

Just get our buayees to bite him and dun let go.
Sure cannot leave so soon.

Welcome Jeff! Cool
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:38 am

hi and welcome!!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:26 am

Hi Wilkang, Birdman, Asahi & Joleelyn
Thx for the warm welcome. Golf is indeed a very challenging sport! After seven lessons and about 6 personal practice sessions I am finally getting the swing wif da no 7 iron tho its still mostly a hit and miss! LOL... my final lesson is coming up learning the driver before going for the PC in Bintan...
Also the learning curve was v steep esp the understanding of and trying to make sense of golf clubs, brands, lofts, lies, cavities, hosels, shafts (graphite vs steels), putters, wedges, hybrids aka rescues, shoes, balls, bags, courses, magazines, rules... Seriously wonder if any one who signs up for a short course can figure all this out! haha
cheers
Back to top Go down
jasontohsy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jasontohsy

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:13 am

Hi Jeffman,

Golf is a damn troublesome sports, there are too many nitty stuff to focus on.

However, once you are in the sports, u will be poisoned.

I am new to this forum too .

Cheers

JT
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:28 am

Hi JT
Thanks for note. All my frens (many seasoned golfers wif low handicap) reckon i shd use a steel shaft cos I am tall (1.8m) and heavy Smile but my coach says use graphite.. (in the end i bought a graphite set!) the signals are all very mixed (altho all advice is given with good intentions) as one treads through this golf minefield! Even entering the golf shop u r bombarded with all sorts of advice .. eg i went to a Ping Shop and the chap told me the LIE was the most important element in deciding the set of clubs and says fitting shd be done asap but then on the other hand my swing is still being adjusted as its not right yet and I said maybe i might get fitting done after i am more experienced and play a more consistent game but then the fitter will say the fitting shd be done first so that one can be more consistent.. sigh
cheers
Back to top Go down
jasontohsy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jasontohsy

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 am

HI Jeff,

you are very right about the club fitting part.

You should fit only when u have a more consistent swing. Cos a new golfer will have many coaches, and all will tell u to do different thing. Even if they try to teach you something, ur body may not work the way they want u to.

My personal tout is that you should use a steel shaft, it should work better for u, since u are tall . I am 1.80 too .

Hope to see u soon for the SSN, I be there tonite ( for the first time, sure i be please to meet so many poisoned fella )

Cheers

JT
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:46 am

Sorry bro cant make it tonite.. May drop in on the next SSN to meet ppl.. also not sure if to play there must oredi possess the PC or a Handicap? Do u know? otherwise just shoot from the driving range or hv a cup of coffee and watch Razz
Back to top Go down
jasontohsy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jasontohsy

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:56 am

I haven been there myself,

If i am not wrong, it is jus a range session at the top floor of Marina range.

Stars watching, and teeing off from 30m high to the range ... U can see ur shots 2 clubs longer,
get more confident when u start to see the balls going so far. hahahaha

HOpe its a nice weather tonite, have never play from the top level.

Cheers

JT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie saying hihi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hihi   Newbie saying hihi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie saying hihi
Page 1 of 1