Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changi Golf Club

Go down 
+8
Lion Iron
Frederick
Tituman
asahi
tohkh
xtxtxtling
renode
Noodleball
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Noodleball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:59 am

anyone is member at changi golf club?
or, any regular kaki playing over there?

appreciate comment and review.

thinking to play there more often....
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:25 am

let me know if you're playing, i'll like to play there too although i'm not a member.

heard it's affliated to Chinese Swimming Club too
Back to top Go down
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:55 am

i play there often! they have special rates for civil service club members.. i'd say physical fitness is crucial when playing over there.. =]
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:03 am

How big is the club and where is it located? Always see Laguna, TMCC, NSRCC, never seem to see Changi!
Back to top Go down
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 am

changi golf club in situated in changi village.. it's still a distance from laguna and other clubs. call me when you wanna play.. i'd love to play as well=]
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:48 am

xtxtxtling wrote:
i play there often! they have special rates for civil service club members.. i'd say physical fitness is crucial when playing over there.. =]

Yea man.....up and down and up......especially there is one par 3 which you need to clear a steep slope to reach the tee box, then follow by a wicked par 5, with a super left turn to make from your tee box.

Not for the physically ill prepared golfers.
Back to top Go down
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:50 am

asahi wrote:
xtxtxtling wrote:

Yea man.....up and down and up......especially there is one par 3 which you need to clear a steep slope to reach the tee box, then follow by a wicked par 5, with a super left turn to make from your tee box.

and if you're currently using a cart bag, change it to a stand bag.. you'll begin to appreciate it right after the 1st hole haha
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:51 am

lol! lol! lol!

Agree wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:11 am

xtxtxtling,
thanks! I'll ask around if going to play!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:19 pm

xtxtxtling wrote:
asahi wrote:
xtxtxtling wrote:

and if you're currently using a cart bag, change it to a stand bag.. you'll begin to appreciate it right after the 1st hole haha

Can one used trolley?
Back to top Go down
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Tituman wrote:
xtxtxtling wrote:
asahi wrote:
xtxtxtling wrote:

Can one used trolley?

yeah can! you can even get turfmate which will cost around 20 i guess.
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Frederick

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi... i am interested to try out changi too... mind to get me involved if u guys playing? Whats the rates there? 93680132
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 pm

CGC's rates here:
http://www.changigolfclub.org.sg/c/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=34

Special rate for MGK:

From now till 31 May 2011, my golf kaki members will be able to golf at Changi Golf Club from Mondays (afternoon) to Fridays.

The green fee rates are as follows:
9-Holes : $35.00
18-Holes : $50.00
(Fees exclude prevailing turfmate, buggy, caddy fees and GST)

http://www.mygolfkaki.com/membersperk/membersperks.aspx

Better ask for buggy if you are 1st time there.

Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Think no diff if you play 9 holes.... cheaper by a bit if play 18. Remember it's a 9 hole course and 2 x Par 34. Razz
Back to top Go down
Noodleball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 am

dear all,

thanks for reply and comments....

may be we can have a round over there.

for me, i want to play over there as form of exercise by walking...... hahaha
the terrain is quite challenging
Back to top Go down
tohkh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:35 am

I'm a crappy beginner, anywhere is challenging! Even with buggy!
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 am

xtxtxtling wrote:
Tituman wrote:
xtxtxtling wrote:
asahi wrote:
xtxtxtling wrote:

Can one used trolley?

yeah can! you can even get turfmate which will cost around 20 i guess.

Turfmate is fun, and dangerous. When you are going downslope, you will find it hard to release the hand-throttle and stop in time.
Back to top Go down
golfcrazzi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Do you need a PC or HC to play at changi golf club?

Anybody knows if one can play alone there on weekends ?

Back to top Go down
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:48 pm

yeah, one needs a handicap to play there.. maybe they'll allow you to join flights on weekends, i'm not too sure. but on weekdays they even allow you to play alone
Back to top Go down
brianpan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
brianpan

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:43 am

xtxtxtling wrote:
yeah, one needs a handicap to play there.. maybe they'll allow you to join flights on weekends, i'm not too sure. but on weekdays they even allow you to play alone

Yes they will ask you to show PC or Handicap during registration. The good thing is that you don't have to call to book in advance, just show up and play and if it is not busy, they will let you play alone. Besides, most golfers there are also friendly like GRians here so no worries. The few times I played there, they even gave me advice on how to tackle the greens, where to aim and all and they were understanding that I was a begainner.

If it is the first time playing, one needs to go across the road to the clubhouse to register and pay but don't go there first....go to the buggy area and ask if anyone wants to share a buggy or turfmate first if nobody is there, check with anyone waiting at the first hole for their turn to tee off....that way we can all save a bit....then quickly run over pay, and get ready to play bounce
Back to top Go down
golfcrazzi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks for all your advice!

I am contemplating to join NSRCC or CGC membership. But my golf PC expired and I do not have a HC. And I am mostly not available to play during weekday.

So I was thinking if I can get a PC (or renew) at CGC and play during weekends if I do not have a HC.

Any advice please?

Any CGC members here??

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golfcrazzi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:50 pm

any bro is a member of CGC here?

I have rejected NSRCC and keen to buy CGC membership from open market. But I need 2 members to sign on my application form.

anybody? then we can golf there more often!
Back to top Go down
golfcrazzi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:39 pm

no CGC members here? Rolling Eyes

Btw I renewed my PC. Now I have to get my HCP first !
Back to top Go down
champutt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:56 pm

CGC sounds interesting, i'm looking for a club to level up my golf game (still at level 1, HP: 50, MP: 10 haha ....) hmm is the course crowded on sat morn?

my PC expired too, how long does it take to renew PC at CGC?
Back to top Go down
http://www.championputt.weebly.com
golfcrazzi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:06 am

I am not a CGC member yet. Thought of signing up, but seems like no CGC member here or kakis to play with me even after I sign. So I put it on hold....

As for my PC, I did not renew at CGC. And if I am not wrong, only invited guest are allowed to play at CGC on weekends....

Btw I am still a noob at golf. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Changi Golf Club   Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changi Golf Club
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next