Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

after-market putter shaft

Go down 
+9
Ssquirrel
golf_snowman
shamusan
Yarra
jimmychoo
samT
DGman
mUAr_cHEe
kian
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

after-market putter shaft - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 am

DGman wrote:
let me put forth another theory to make you scratch your head more...

imagine instead of a 460 cc driver head, we now build a driver thats just one inch thick from face to the back instead of 4 inches like most driver. also its built like a hockey stick rather than like a driver.

but the weight, built and perimeter distribution of impact weight are scientifically built like a 460 cc driver...will you still achieve the same distance if you hit it the same way?

of course most golfers will have problems hitting this cos its unconventional but if you give it to a hockey, he will have less mental resistance...

now if we can find a robot, we can put the theory to test...haha

DGman

With the more aerodynamic shape... you might get more distance off the tee. But if the Swing Speed is the same... it might be the same distance.... provided the PTR is the same Smile

Last edited by X-Man on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 am

you think a swing robot care...set it to the speed you want and it goes and do the job.

this theory supports why golf clubs still has to conform to certain shape and that MOI is a visual measurement rather than a physics back theory.

however in the hands of a human you will find manipulation of all sorts, if the shape and size is wrong... and lets not forget "Feel" which may not count much in scientific terms but a lot in the actual swing.

DGman

now stop mental masturbating and go back to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:30 am

DGman wrote:
you think a swing robot care...set it to the speed you want and it goes and do the job.

now stop mental masturbating and go back to work!

Wah kenna shot down by replying to your question? I was talking about the robot swinging the 2 different driver heads....

I am working...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 am

Xavier...make sure PTR and swing speed don't appear by mistake in your work report later.
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 am

DGman wrote:
Xavier...make sure PTR and swing speed don't appear by mistake in your work report later.

Don't worry I am very professional.. Razz
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:56 am

DGman wrote:
high MOI does not mean its easier to hit the sweet spot, its a marketeer promise. off centre hits can be made less prominent is a result of gear effect on the face of the club.

there is no twist in real terms...the twist is a visual occurrence. thats why i say when you close your eyes, there is no difference...read carefully Mr Sim.

DGman

yes sir..i learn to read ur message very carefully, which is why i did not say MOI means easier to hit sweet spot, i only say it's more forgiving when hitting at 'non-sweet sport'..sigh..kenna shot... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

well, but at least now i also learn from you that there are no physical twist, just a visual occurance..that is one very important factor...haha !!!
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:09 am

Starting to get clearer but head almost Botak from scratching liao..

So at the end of the day, depends on the shaft to get feel and flight
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:11 am

from a driver shaft perspective there is physical flexing and twisting of the golf shafts..that is a result of the shaft flex and torque. but its not a controllable effect once the takeway is initiated. however most golfers who use shafts that are not right for them tends to compensate by putting the ball in different positions.

here another theory...just so that we can mental masturbate more..

why do someone like Jim Furyk swings the way he does?

maybe in his mind thats the most natural way to square the club head at impact. no right or wrong as long as he hits it where he wants. but in terms of manipulation, there is a lot more action in his swing.

not proven...just my opinion...its maybe how he sees the club squaring from takeway to impact and is a movement that is most natural for him.

DGman

PS no more shooting today...cos i got to go to work liao.

Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:18 am

DGman wrote:

PS no more shooting today...cos i got to go to work liao.

Boss

you bad mood today arh? Like that no one dares to come to the den... Smile

Anyways, I heard that Jim was swinging that way ever since he was a kid...
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:24 pm

Walau....so complicated!
The more I read, the least I understand Neutral

pig
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:53 pm

I swing like that since th efirst day I started golf also and I have never heard of Jim Furyk before and never saw his swing. It just grows on me and, to cut the story short, its too late to start changing for me. As long as it works, why change it now? I have so much golf in me but so little time left .... lol! So will not change for anything in the world. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: after-market putter shaft   after-market putter shaft - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

after-market putter shaft
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Equipment Reviews-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.