Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods' Latest Swing

Go down 
+10
JonL_TK
Duval_S
Tituman
weesern
watermyforrest
jtek
Right_sided_coach
RegiT
aahhhcabretta
Turbo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Tiger Woods' Latest Swing Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Look at Tiger Woods latest 2010 swing under the "subtle"guidance of Sean Foley. It is flatter and with some David Duval's & Annika Sorentams' head moves at impact. It is a single plane swing but he stands closer to the ball and more upright versus a typical Single Plane Swinger.

Back to top Go down
aahhhcabretta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Does that look right sided to anyone?
Back to top Go down
aahhhcabretta
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Found this on YouTube just now.

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:02 pm

aahhhcabretta wrote:

No, it is not. He initiated the down swing by shifting his hip alittle laterally.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Nowadays Tiger starting to go for the "IN" thing in terms of fashion - White belts with white shoes and caps ... In the past, he would never wear a white belt. Perhaps he would be wearing white pants in the near future ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 pm

Turbo wrote:
aahhhcabretta wrote:

No, it is not. He initiated the down swing by shifting his hip alittle laterally.
I am a student of RSS and it looks very right sided. Turbo there is a small lateral bump in the RSS just as Tiger is doing. Its one of the features of the swing instead of hips clearing
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 pm

RegiT wrote:
Turbo wrote:
aahhhcabretta wrote:

I am a student of RSS and it looks very right sided. Turbo there is a small lateral bump in the RSS just as Tiger is doing. Its one of the features of the swing instead of hips clearing

Confirm. Love how TW's head now comes up through impact and his right side goes forward and around instead of back and under. Big improvement on what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi Paul so its good to head up through impact??? So something like what Dustin Johnson was doing in his swing? But how do we know when to release the head up?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 pm

If the body is moving forward the head can come up and follow the ball. If the body is moving backwards the head will stay down and thus the weight will not shift forward. Leads to fat and thin shots and loss of distance. Watch the TW video. Great example of the right sided motion
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:17 pm

Okie thanks... will try it out Smile
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:00 am

Sean Foley is RSS instructor?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:02 am

I do no think TW's latest swing is RSS.

BTW, Sean Foley teaches Stack & Tilt method of swing if I'm not wrong. The most obvious swing change is his head - remain very still throughout the swing & follow the ball through impact. His swing plane is still flat like before.

Cheers,
Turbo
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 am

Turbo: You can label his new swing what ever you want but the fact is that it is now a right sided motion as compared to his old swing
I don't know who Sean Foley is or what his teaching philosophy is but looking at the new video you posted, I like what he has done so far, namely narrowed his swing radius and reduced the lateral motion. This is why he can now get the head coming up through impact.
As for his swing plane being "flat like before", we only can see the front so how to know what the plane looks like? I can guarantee you that with his body turning the way it is his plane will be perfect.
Finally, Sean Foley does not teach stack and tilt.
Just my 2 cents and hope this video will paint a better picture for you as to what a right sided versus left sided motion is. There is plenty of info on the RSS here:

http://www.golfrepublic.org/tips-tricks-f12/what-is-a-right-sided-swing-t1029.htm

Note: the camera angle of new swing is not face on but you will get a good idea of the changes between old and new

Last edited by Right_sided_coach on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

I think the old tiger's vid is quite old... seems like few years back.... i may be wrong
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:31 am

Just wondering why would Tiger wants to change his old swing which was awesome and had won him numerous titles to a new swing ? He just temporary lost it and would like some help to find where he lost it right?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:36 am

The reason he wants to change it is because his driver goes all over the place. His short game and mental powers are what won him all the titles more so than his swing. Not to mention the injuries to his knee. Like all golfers, he is trying to improve all the time and improve the weaknesses. If he kept his 97 swing there is no way he would have won 14 majors. The pack is catching him so he needs to keep improving to stay ahead.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 am

Quote :
Tituman wrote:
Just wondering why would Tiger wants to change his old swing which was awesome and had won him numerous titles to a new swing ? He just temporary lost it and would like some help to find where he lost it right?

not sure if I dreamt of this or actually read this.

But I tot he changed becos he wanted to have a swing that can support him as one gets abit older

actually that is one reason I have 4 type of swings....the 4K, the power fade (some call it shank), the divot (top the ball) and the fluid swing (ball go water)
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 am

Quote :
Right_sided_coach wrote:
The reason he wants to change it is because his driver goes all over the place. His short game and mental powers are what won him all the titles more so than his swing. Not to mention the injuries to his knee. Like all golfers, he is trying to improve all the time and improve the weaknesses. If he kept his 97 swing there is no way he would have won 14 majors. The pack is catching him so he needs to keep improving to stay ahead.

hmm...this is interestng coz all this while I tot it was his long game (then) which brought him the 14.

But then again, thinking back.....his short game and mental was astounding impressive.....ok, I will re-tailor my training schedule
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi RSS,

Many thanks for the explanation on Right_Sided_Swing. It looks like it is a relatively effective swinging method. I like the RSS impact position.

Cheers,
Turbo
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:49 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
..........................Finally, Sean Foley does not teach stack and tilt.
Sean Foley in fact teached Stack & Tilt ...

Here is a video showing Sean Foley guiding Sean O'Hair in the art of Stack & Tilt in golf swing:

Last edited by Turbo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:05 am

Here is another video of Sean Foley illustrating the technique of Stack & Tilt. Therefore, to correct RSS earlier comment, Sean in fact advocates Stack & Tilt swing technique.

Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:30 am

Turbo wrote:
Here is another video of Sean Foley illustrating the technique of Stack & Tilt. Therefore, to correct RSS earlier comment, Sean in fact advocates Stack & Tilt swing technique.
Looks like a hybrid swing... The drills he is talking about looks like the step in drill that Paul gives his students
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:50 am

JonL_TK wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Looks like a hybrid swing... The drills he is talking about looks like the step in drill that Paul gives his students
That's the exact same drill RSS gave me on my first lesson. Its a drill I still use now to stop lateral moving. Most of his students use this drill and he dun teach S and T so what makes u say Foley teaches S and T??
Sean Ohair and Hunter Mahan are his students and they don't do S and T.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 am

Tituman wrote:

Further to this, I think he *lost* it because Erin packed it along with her stuffs when she left him.... lol! ROFL Stretcher
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:52 am

RegiT wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Turbo wrote:
That's the exact same drill RSS gave me on my first lesson. Its a drill I still use now to stop lateral moving. Most of his students use this drill and he dun teach S and T so what makes u say Foley teaches S and T??
Sean Ohair and Hunter Mahan are his students and they don't do S and T.

Bro Regit, instead of watching direct at Turbo video here, just click on any part of the video and you will be transported to You Tube itself. You can see it described by commentator as a Stack and Tilt. Why can't you accept it
? Just wondering??? scratch scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods' Latest Swing   Tiger Woods' Latest Swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods' Latest Swing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next