Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming Empty
PostSubject: Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming   Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:22 pm

2 of my fav golfers.....but abit disappointed that its no longer at RJCC.... I played there once and hoping to get some experience....just in case, kena selected for pro-am....but now.....no use liao...

Quote :
Johor Bahru, Malaysia, August 12: Reigning champion K.J. Choi of Korea, affectionately dubbed “The Tank” for his solid built, has confirmed his title defence at the Iskandar Johor Open (IJO) this year.

The championship, scheduled from October 14 to 17, 2010, promises an exciting showdown between its previous two winners as 2008 champion Retief Goosen of South Africa, widely nicknamed “The Goose”, has also confirmed his participation, with an eye on going one-up on Choi by becoming the first player to win the title twice.

“It is great news that K.J. Choi and Retief Goosen, the previous two champions have confirmed they will make the trip to Johor once again for the Iskandar Johor Open,” said Chairman of the IJO organising committee and Chief Minister of Johor, Y.A.B Dato’ Haji Abdul Ghani bin Othman.

“We are excited with the prospect of another nail-biting edition of IJO and I’m sure local golf fans will be delighted to welcome these two big names to our shores this coming October,” he added.

While the two leading protagonists rekindle their rivalry for another year in the Asian Tour full field event, they will pitch their battle at a new ground and for a bigger prize pot.

Officials also announced the spectacular Horizon Hills Golf & Country Club as the venue for the Iskandar Johor Open 2010 while the championship’s total purse has been increased to US$1.25 million (approximately RM4 million) from US$1 million previously.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming   Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi bro Duval

I would preferred it to be at RJCC too for the nostalgic factor but I guess Horizon Hills got it because it lies squarely in the Iskandar Development Region - the title sponsors. Anyway, Horizon Hills is one of the better maintained courses in JB now, played there a few times.

Had a call from a buddy on Thursday afternoon and got an invite for the Pro-Am on Tuesday. This because the Handa Classic Pro-Am in Singapore was cancelled due to weather. Yippee!!!!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming   Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Wah piang......good for you.

Maybe after you play the pro-am, then I can play with you, and it will be like Pro-AM-AM
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming   Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Sounds good bro but you gotta tahan a lousy golfer here lei...
Playing the name of fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming   Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iskandar Johor Open (IJO)...Goose and Tank coming
Page 1 of 1