Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Somthing wrong with forum?

Go down 
+4
Technospaz
sunny
nientsu
jaketang
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Somthing wrong with forum? Empty
PostSubject: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:08 am

Hi ppl,

Not sure if it is just me, do you guys feel that there's some posts gone missing? i remember on few occasion that the reply or post will be gone after a few hours or a day.

i remb clearly that i did posted some reply but when i re-read the thread, the post is gone or lost in between.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:17 am

Din realised anything.......hmmmm strange
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:10 am

what do you mean lost? can verify? i have yet to find my post missing
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:16 am

i had a similar experience yesterday when I realized that a reply of mine seemed to have gone missing. I was so certain that I had replied to the post. After several refreshes, the reply appeared. So, my guess is that it's more a connectivity issue. I don't think there's anything wrong with the forum. There may be a lag in the delivery of information which is why posts may seem to take a while before they appear on the screen.

Note... they don't call me "techno" SPAZ for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

Is it possible that you have replied a message at the same time with someone?
If it does, you will reach another screen telling you that there is someone who has just posted the same time as your post then ask if you would like to save this message.

Saving this message means sending your reply.
Initially, I din know what save means. So i click no. Then realise reply din get in.

Could it be this reason?
but i know this does not apply to tech.
Cos he should long ago know as he is the no. 1 man in terms of POSTS!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 am

Technospaz wrote:
i had a similar experience yesterday when I realized that a reply of mine seemed to have gone missing. I was so certain that I had replied to the post. After several refreshes, the reply appeared. So, my guess is that it's more a connectivity issue. I don't think there's anything wrong with the forum. There may be a lag in the delivery of information which is why posts may seem to take a while before they appear on the screen.

You have reached your quota for the day....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:51 am

weesern wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

There's a quota? NOW YOU TELL ME!!
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:12 pm

like wat bro techospaz say.. i did reply... saw the reply... but after sometime, it's gone..

eg, yest i did reply some post... today i go thru the topic again and it's gone. apparently i notice the post thru some period (a few hours) are all gone...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Which thread?

Have you tried searching thru your own posts under 'Statistics' to see if its been recorded?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:39 pm

did you accidentally click on preview instead of send?

preview do not store in the database
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Technospaz wrote:
weesern wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

There's a quota? NOW YOU TELL ME!!

yes there is a quota that was set, which everyone did not think was humanly possible to reach, since it was around 700 posts, which entails posting every 2 seconds...

BUT YOU TECHNO.. HAVE SHOWN US THAT..

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.. haha
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:07 pm

nope... i remb posting it and read it...but today is gone...

i think it's one of the reply i wrote abt UL being face of NSRCC, etc... then today is gone...
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:22 pm

you searching for wrong thread lah!!!

Found your 'lost' post

http://www.golfrepublic.org/overseas-games-f6/unlimited-golf-at-kukup-gc-t511-60.htm#13973
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somthing wrong with forum?   Somthing wrong with forum? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somthing wrong with forum?
Page 1 of 1