Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wat Irons for Me!

Go down 
+18
Ssquirrel
TeD
Lamts18
alangolf
4dtoto
mowen
Duval_S
siaw8
watermyforrest
Technospaz
ironfist
who8168
Ken_
daveaha
Uncle Lau
Roystonnn
DeadSoul
jtek
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 pm

yah..Ping is good. I know of a used i10 set from 5i to PW with a G10 4iron for sale at SGD650.
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:15 pm

red dot ?
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:21 pm

Yep. Red dot regular awt shaft.
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:06 pm

4dtoto wrote:

willingly to sell only 5-7i?
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:30 pm

just saw at far east an i10 3-PW set going for 880! very tempting but i heard ping irons are really tough to adjust.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:35 pm

ironfist wrote:
just saw at far east an i10 3-PW set going for 880! very tempting but i heard ping irons are really tough to adjust.

They come in different color codes to suit your height and as it is cast and not forged, so its a bit difficult to adjust them..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Duval, you can try my X-20s on Saturday. See if you like 'em Smile The X-22s are going for a good price but I think the difference is minimal. If you like the X-20s, Golftiam has them for a S$950 in steel (which isn't a great price since I bought mine for about the same 3 months ago) - so you can try bargain if you are keen.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 pm

ironfist wrote:
awww we love you too! like a brother! hahaha

Eh..... U Bro or Sis??? Me a STRAIGHT MAN leh... ROFL
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:30 pm

ironfist wrote:
you can't see your ball flight! i feel the cage is more for seeing how the club feels at impact and whether you like how it swings rather than how far or straight you strike the ball. i just swung the mx200 today and it felt superb at impact and i managed to swing it very easy. Smile

just my 2 cents! Razz

and i'm looking for new clubs too! but there's this tricky business of what shafts and flex to go for and i guess the only way is to go for professional advice! haha did your coach tell you what to look out for?

Actually, how much will mx200 cost?
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:06 am

Technospaz wrote:
Duval, you can try my X-20s on Saturday. See if you like 'em Smile The X-22s are going for a good price but I think the difference is minimal. If you like the X-20s, Golftiam has them for a S$950 in steel (which isn't a great price since I bought mine for about the same 3 months ago) - so you can try bargain if you are keen.
Supposedly, the X20s are slightly more forgiving than the X22s which are supposedly more workable but less forgiving than the X20s.
The Maltby (golfworks) playability factor rates the X20s as more forgiving than the X22s.

But this is mainly because the X22s have a slightly higher Actual Vertical Centre of Gravity (AVCoG) than the X20s.
But actually all this really means is that since the AVCOG of the X20 is lower than the X22, it is easier to "get the ball up" flying with the X20s vs the X22s.
So the X20 would fit a "sweeping" type or a swing more than the X22s which would be slightly more suited for a "down and thru" angle of attack type of golf swing..

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yelnats
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:10 am

Good idea to speak to your coach and fitter. They should be able to give you advise on your choice of irons. Try as many different irons and shaft combination.

I don;t change my irons very often so when I do change, I also make sure it is something I like visually.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:09 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Supposedly, the X20s are slightly more forgiving than the X22s which are supposedly more workable but less forgiving than the X20s.
The Maltby (golfworks) playability factor rates the X20s as more forgiving than the X22s.

But this is mainly because the X22s have a slightly higher Actual Vertical Centre of Gravity (AVCoG) than the X20s.
But actually all this really means is that since the AVCOG of the X20 is lower than the X22, it is easier to "get the ball up" flying with the X20s vs the X22s.
So the X20 would fit a "sweeping" type or a swing more than the X22s which would be slightly more suited for a "down and thru" angle of attack type of golf swing..

Very Happy

Errr... yeah... that's what I meant. Right. Sure.

(Scary-a** avatar, SS)
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:56 am

yeah... sounds like you in the middle of a swing change (with RSS)... juz talk to mr Lam, think he went thru it too...

most times is the golfer, and not the equipment
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am

kopiO wrote:
yeah... sounds like you in the middle of a swing change (with RSS)... juz talk to mr Lam, think he went thru it too...

Its more the golfer than the equipment.. and the distance between your left ear and right ear. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:26 am

4dtoto wrote:

sound like my kaki specs .. is the irons in toa payoh range ?
Back to top Go down
DeadSoul
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
kopiO wrote:

Its more the golfer than the equipment.. and the distance between your left ear and right ear. Very Happy

very well said....
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Lostsoul's brother Deadsoul? hi~
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
kopiO wrote:

Hear Hear!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Ya man! RSC was torching OCC range yesterday with my iron and I thought I need to get a stiffer shaft for myself affraid
I am seriously sold on the Right Sided Swing after seeing and feeling it.

Bro Lam, is it still considered as Right Sided for Lefty?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:15 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Ya man! RSC was torching OCC range yesterday with my iron and I thought I need to get a stiffer shaft for myself affraid

RSS does have its merits... as for me i set my weight more on my right side and swing up and around to my right side... we each have to find the swing to suit our build, tempo and temperament.. one you find it, practise more to ingrained it.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:17 pm

watermyforrest wrote:

bro lamts18 can play both side if i not remb wrongly....

whether method u use, practising is second to none... no short cut or miracle tips...

For me, i m AHS.....
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:20 pm

jaketang wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:

bro lamts18 can play both side if i not remb wrongly....

whether method u use, practising is second to none... no short cut or miracle tips...

For me, i m AHS.....

Bro Jake, whats AHS? can advise?
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:21 pm

bro, it's AnyHowSwing....

it's quite difficult actually....need more mental then physical.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:24 pm

jaketang wrote:

Haha.... looking at your avatar, i don't think you any how swing... a nice finish you have there..
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:27 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
jaketang wrote:

Haha.... looking at your avatar, i don't think you any how swing... a nice finish you have there..

do not be decieve by photos....(photoshop does wonders...)

anyway, "tht" shot skid thru the putting green onto the fringe... sad.... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wat Irons for Me!   Wat Irons for Me! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wat Irons for Me!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2